ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 253 of 382
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263303353 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
phisherman 10:48 PM 11-11-2017
BKS is killing it. Great beers.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:51 PM 11-11-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
:-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
New Holland which is close to Founders in Michigan brews Dragons Milk which is 11% as a regular beer and Pilgrims Dole which is a 12% Barleywine every year.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:49 PM 11-11-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
My wife wins the weekend for lugging these KC beers back to Chicago for me. The BKS coffee stout is fantastic. I thought Clouds was tasty as well. I'd be excited if I still lived in KC, especially the old hood. I think BKS will up that beer scene exponentially.

Oh, man. She's so fucking dope. Looks good!
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:40 PM 11-21-2017
So after being lucky enough to drink the 2017 Bourbon County lineup on Sunday, I came away impressed (and drunken). Anyone that cares can read my amateurish thoughts as a non-authority who prefers IPAs in the spoiler.

Spoiler!

Here's a pic of the haul (Reserve & Prop).

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:33 PM 11-21-2017
:-)
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:24 PM 11-21-2017
The coffee and blueberry and almond ones sound right up my alley.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 05:32 PM 11-21-2017
Speaking of BCBS, I’m going to be in K.C. close to Olathe for thanksgiving. How hard is it to track down in KC? I’ve never been there for Black Friday so I wondered if there was any spot that would be more likely to have it.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:40 PM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
:-)
I suppose it was worth missing the Chiefs game over.

Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
The coffee and blueberry and almond ones sound right up my alley.
I'm far from a coffee aficionado, but this years coffee used Intelligentsia’s Black Cat Espresso. I'm familiar with Intelligentsia because my favorite bar here serves it all day. I'll sometimes get a cold pressed coffee from them to-go and use it to jazz up a regular ol shelf stout at home. That said, I'll just say that there's a number of people here that prefer the coffee of others to Intelligentsia's. I thought it was very good, my wife who's also familiar with their coffee, loved it.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:48 PM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I suppose it was worth missing the Chiefs game over.

I'm far from a coffee aficionado, but this years coffee used Intelligentsia’s Black Cat Espresso. I'm familiar with Intelligentsia because my favorite bar here serves it all day. I'll sometimes get a cold pressed coffee from them to-go and use it to jazz up a regular ol shelf stout at home. That said, I'll just say that there's a number of people here that prefer the coffee of others to Intelligentsia's. I thought it was very good, my wife who's also familiar with their coffee, loved it.
Hate to break it to you but as long as the beans aren't burnt, all espresso should taste pretty much the same. The long roasting time and heat burns off the coffee oil which actually has the flavor.

The historical reason for this is that when coffee was first popular in Europe the beans came from all over the place and were of varying quality. Roasting them dark basically made them all taste the same. That is why coffee in Southern Europe: France, Spain, Italy, Austria, and Turkey are all dark roasts while Northern Europe and the Americas: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Belgium are more of a medium roast as they got coffee beans much later once origin and quality were figured out.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:53 PM 11-21-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
Hate to break it to you but as long as the beans aren't burnt, all espresso should taste pretty much the same. The long roasting time and heat burns off the coffee oil which actually has the flavor.

The historical reason for this is that when coffee was first popular in Europe the beans came from all over the place and were of varying quality. Roasting them dark basically made them all taste the same. That is why coffee in Southern Europe: France, Spain, Italy, Austria, and Turkey are all dark roasts while Northern Europe and the Americas: Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Belgium are more of a medium roast as they got coffee beans much later once origin and quality were figured out.
As I said, comes down to whether or not you like expresso :-)

Thanks for the coffee insight though, seriously, had no idea.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:31 AM 11-23-2017
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
Speaking of BCBS, I’m going to be in K.C. close to Olathe for thanksgiving. How hard is it to track down in KC? I’ve never been there for Black Friday so I wondered if there was any spot that would be more likely to have it.
Lukas Liquors, Gomer's, Bubbles (in the Northland), Village West Liquors (Speedway) should all have it... I think Gomer's requires you have a loyalty card though. I'm sure there are others, but those are the stores I focused on.

The issue is (at least in the past) they limit to one or two bottles... one year they came out with 4 packs and places were limiting to one or two 12oz bottles.

I had given up on it in KC... limited, relatively expensive, and on fucking Black Friday.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:28 AM 11-24-2017
Video of the Goose Island BCBS line in Chicago. The line started yesterday around noon-ish. About the only time I wish for freezing rain and snow.

https://www.facebook.com/WGNTV/video...5081021337411/
[Reply]
Third Eye 08:35 AM 11-24-2017
Well, didn’t get the coffee that I was hoping for, but I got a regular, a reserve, and a barleywine. Not really a barleywine fan, but grabbed it just because I could. It should make a nice gift.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:15 AM 11-24-2017
Small questionnaire for the beer aficionados:

1)What are your 3 favorite styles?
2)What are your least favorite styles?
3)Favorite craft brewer?
4)Favorite non-craft domestic brewer?
5)Favorite non-craft international brewer?
6)Favorite beer right now?

1)What are your 3 favorite styles? Stout, Hefeweizen, Bock
2)What are your least favorite styles? IPA, Pale Ale, Chili ales
3)Favorite craft brewer? Clown Shoes
4)Favorite non-craft domestic brewer? Spoeztl better known as Shiner
5)Favorite non-craft international brewer? Schneider Weisse
6)Favorite beer right now? Aventinus
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:13 AM 11-24-2017
1)What are your 3 favorite styles? IPA, Saison, Zwickel
2)What are your least favorite styles? Hefeweizen, Rauchbier, Irish Dry Stout
3)Favorite craft brewer? Half Acre
4)Favorite non-craft domestic brewer? Lagunitas
5)Favorite non-craft international brewer? Not exactly sure what qualifies, but Ayinger
6)Favorite beer right now? Corridor Provisions - SqueezIt
[Reply]
Page 253 of 382
« First < 153203243249250251252253 254255256257263303353 > Last »
Up