ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 249 of 382
« First < 149199239245246247248249 250251252253259299349 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
lewdog 12:36 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Shag:
Sucks is a great beer - glad you enjoyed it! Funny story how it came to be, too. They have beer called Brown Shugga that they weren't able to make one year due to some issue that I can't recall, so they brewed this beer instead, and called it "Sucks", basically making fun of themselves and apologizing for not being able to brew Brown Shugga. Turned out to be an awesome beer!

The first year it came out, I was at a bar in Chicago, and when the waitress asked me what I wanted, I said "Lagunitas Sucks". She looked confused, and said that they have lots of non-Lagunitas beers, and she was sure I could find something I liked. Was pretty amusing.
That's pretty funny!

Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-) its called Lagunitas Sucks because it was a replacement for one of their seasonals called Brown Shugga which isnt an IPA. They had an issue during some expansion or something and the batch of Brown Shugga didn't happen so they made this beer as a quick replacement. (IPA's are fast to brew and release and you want them fresh not aged).

Anyway its a pretty solid beer.

If you get a chance pick some actual Brown Shugga. You will probably like it with your delicate palet. :-)
So if this is an IPA, I just found the 2nd IPA I've ever tried that I enjoy! Other is Fresh Squeezed IPA by Deschutes.

Maybe I'm growing up?

I'll look for the Brown Shugga though.

Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Sucks, when fresh, is a very good IPA for a national distribution offering. Brown Shugga is a very good strong ale, which would probably fit your taste preference better if you don’t like IPAs. If I remember right, for whatever reason Lagunitas failed to release Brown Shugga one year and released Sucks in its place, hence the Brown Shugga substitute on the packaging.
I definitely think the Brown Shugga sounds more like my style. I did enjoy this though. I was very close to just getting my standby from Lagunitas called Aunt Sally. It's a great beer with our hot yearly weather here.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:41 PM 10-22-2017
Speaking of Lagunitas IPAs, Born Yesterday is out. This year is Equinox, Mosaic, and Simcoe hopped. I had a few for the Chiefs Thursday Night game. It's tasting great and obviously super fresh. One of the better nationally distributed wet hopped IPAs, imo.
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:44 PM 10-22-2017
Speaking of Lagunitas IPAs, Born Yesterday is out. This year is Equinox, Mosaic, and Simcoe hopped. I had a few for the Chiefs Thursday Night game. It's tasting great and obviously super fresh. One of the better nationally distributed wet hopped IPAs, imo.
God I love fresh hop IPAs, I almost forgot its that season.
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:58 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
God I love fresh hop IPAs, I almost forgot its that season.
I do too. I know it’s limited distribution but my favorite this season has been Surly Wet. It’s a breath stanking showcase of Mosaic this year. $18 a 4pk here though.
[Reply]
Shag 01:09 PM 10-22-2017
I do too. I know it’s limited distribution but my favorite this season has been Surly Wet. It’s a breath stanking showcase of Mosaic this year. $18 a 4pk here though.
Glad to hear Wet is good this year - it's been really disappointing the last few. Sadly, won't get to try it this year, but no shortage of good hops here in SD.
[Reply]
TimBone 01:11 PM 10-22-2017
Suck is great when it's super fresh. Most of the time it's old as shit when I see it in our stores here, though, so I've given up on it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:13 PM 10-22-2017
Have you guys tried any of that Keystone Light yet?

I have an inside track on a couple of cases soon, let me know if you'd like to trade anything for one of them
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:21 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Shag:
Glad to hear Wet is good this year - it's been really disappointing the last few. Sadly, won't get to try it this year, but no shortage of good hops here in SD.
A lot of the Surly stuff gets to Chicago many weeks old, so I typically pass on their hoppy stuff for locals. These cans are 10/2 though and got good reviews so I pulled the trigger. Glad I did.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:29 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Have you guys tried any of that Keystone Light yet?

I have an inside track on a couple of cases soon, let me know if you'd like to trade anything for one of them
If you’re anywhere near Savoy, IL feel free to stop into Triptych Brewing and send them my way. J/K I’m good for many High Lifes and Old Styles a year.
[Reply]
lewdog 01:37 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Suck is great when it's super fresh. Most of the time it's old as shit when I see it in our stores here, though, so I've given up on it.
Everything tastes old in the dirty South!
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:49 PM 10-22-2017
If you’re anywhere near Savoy, IL feel free to stop into Triptych Brewing and send them my way. J/K I’m good for many High Lifes and Old Styles a year.
A case of Keystone for a case of Old Style?

Its a deal!
[Reply]
Paniero 06:01 PM 10-22-2017
I want another shot at Boulevard October fest beer. I had it once after I found it at an HEB in San Antonio unexpectedly.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 06:04 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Paniero:
I want another shot at Boulevard October fest beer. I had it once after I found it at an HEB in San Antonio unexpectedly.
Bob's '47 is ok.

Sierra Nevada's Collaboration Oktoberfest is outstanding this year, and Urban Chestnut's "O-Katz" is pretty solid as well.
[Reply]
Paniero 06:18 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Bob's '47 is ok.

Sierra Nevada's Collaboration Oktoberfest is outstanding this year, and Urban Chestnut's "O-Katz" is pretty solid as well.
Cool. I'll check it out. Revolver Blood and Honey is big here in DFW and Revolver made a Harvey special beer that's really good but limited.
[Reply]
TimBone 06:25 PM 10-22-2017
Originally Posted by Paniero:
If you're in Texas, check the local Specs. One of them will have it.
[Reply]
Page 249 of 382
« First < 149199239245246247248249 250251252253259299349 > Last »
Up