ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 35
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes?
Deberg_1990 06:55 PM 11-28-2019
We are starting to see some people saying Josh Allen is/will be better than Patrick Mahomes. I think it’s ridiculous, but there are people that feel that way. I was wondering if anyone here would choose Josh over Mahomes. So the choice is simple: who would you rather have as QB for the next 12 years? Allen Or Mahomes?
[Reply]
stevieray 08:40 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Well. I’m not wrong. Currently Allen is better. But not by a lot.
:-)

Bills be loving that bye week, amirite?

Thanks, Josh!
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:00 AM 12-29-2020
I mean, doesn’t this feel like Mahomes vs. Jackson last year?

Jackson is ‘Better’ than Mahomes, look at all the crazy numbers his team and offense is putting up. They’re on a roll. No one can stop them come playoff time . . . . . .

Never mind that Mahomes has beat said player head to head. Never mind that Mahomes already has playoff success under his belt. Never mind the ‘other QB’ has already showed the propensity to choke come playoff time . . . . . .

I mean, I feel like we’re repeating last year with the new ‘flavor of the month’.

Oh well. I guess it will all sort itself out come playoff time.

It just gets old hearing the same crap this year we heard last year.

Prove it on the field, then talk your shit . . . . . .
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:16 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

Jackson is ‘Better’ than Mahomes, look at all the crazy numbers his team and offense is putting up. They’re on a roll. No one can stop them come playoff time . . . . . .

Never mind that Mahomes has beat said player head to head. Never mind that Mahomes already has playoff success under his belt. Never mind the ‘other QB’ has already showed the propensity to choke come playoff time . . . . . .

I mean, I feel like we’re repeating last year with the new ‘flavor of the month’.

Sort of. Allen is a better QB than Jackson. But your right, Allen has to prove it in the playoffs.
[Reply]
burt 09:16 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

Unfortunately, Mahomes will be compared to every promising QB. BUT, that's because Mahomes sets the bar.
[Reply]
Best22 10:35 AM 12-29-2020
Mahomes vs. Watson, Rivers, Luck, Brady, Goff, Mayfield, Jackson, Tua, Carr, Herbert, Allen

Everyone wants to make a rivalry with our QB. He’s top dog

We’ll see if this one sticks
[Reply]
bowener 11:06 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by burt:
Unfortunately, Mahomes will be compared to every promising QB. BUT, that's because Mahomes sets the bar.
I think you're looking at it the wrong way. It is unfortunate for every promising QB that they will be compared to Mahomes. It will be next to impossible to approach the level of success Mahomes has had in his 3 seasons as a starter.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:25 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Well. I’m not wrong. Currently Allen is playing better. But not by a lot.

Doesn’t mean Allen will win in the playoffs or beat Mahomes head to head.
Okay, I'll bite

If you believe Josh Allen is "currently" a better QB than Patrick Mahomes, then you must also believe that AJ Dillon is "currently" a better RB than Derrick Henry.
[Reply]
redfan 11:34 AM 12-29-2020
I keep getting Josh Allen mixed up with Kyle Allen.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:41 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Okay, I'll bite

If you believe Josh Allen is "currently" a better QB than Patrick Mahomes, then you must also believe that AJ Dillon is "currently" a better RB than Derrick Henry.
Deberg has a chromosome abnormality. Cut him some slack...
[Reply]
eDave 11:42 AM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Seriously doesn't your shtick get old after a while?
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Just downvote him and move on. Clearly he enjoys the attention so it's best not to give it to him.
He's been forcing it lately. Was better when more sporadic.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:51 PM 12-29-2020
We are starting to see some people saying DeBerg blows the syphilitic homeless for kicks.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:08 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Seriously doesn't your shtick get old after a while?
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Just downvote him and move on. Clearly he enjoys the attention so it's best not to give it to him.
Originally Posted by eDave:
He's been forcing it lately. Was better when more sporadic.
:-):-):-)

{QB who isn't Mahomes} is better than Mahomes.

{Team that won't beat the Chiefs} is seriously legit.

(in a GDT) {Something no one should be worried about, in the 1st quarter} is worrisome.

...that's 95% of it.

It's like a less verbose bad-dad-joke version of Ubeja.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:33 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Best22:
Mahomes vs. Watson, Rivers, Luck, Brady, Goff, Mayfield, Jackson, Tua, Carr, Herbert, Allen

Everyone wants to make a rivalry with our QB. He’s top dog

We’ll see if this one sticks
It's part of the entertainment schtick of sports.

The same thing happened with Michael Jordan when he was in CHI. Every new young player was constantly compared to MJ as the "next MJ." It adds (when it works) to the whole drama thing, and draws more fans, more new fans, and consequently more $$$. Unfortunately it never really came to fruition with MJ. No player rose up and became his arch-nemesis (Kobe Bryant was the closest, but cam a little too late).

If we're very lucky some or just one of these new QBs will take up that mantle as Mahomes' true rival, just as Manning was Brady's for so many years. Just hopefully more exciting.

Could Josh Allen become that guy? Maybe. he has potential. But he better hurry up and figure out how to be more than just a big athlete with a big arm, and become a lot more clutch, or the moment will pass him by.
[Reply]
diqlix 04:37 PM 12-29-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
It's part of the entertainment schtick of sports.

The same thing happened with Michael Jordan when he was in CHI. Every new young player was constantly compared to MJ as the "next MJ." It adds (when it works) to the whole drama thing, and draws more fans, more new fans, and consequently more $$$. Unfortunately it never really came to fruition with MJ. No player rose up and became his arch-nemesis (Kobe Bryant was the closest, but cam a little too late).

If we're very lucky some or just one of these new QBs will take up that mantle as Mahomes' true rival, just as Manning was Brady's for so many years. Just hopefully more exciting.

Could Josh Allen become that guy? Maybe. he has potential. But he better hurry up and figure out how to be more than just a big athlete with a big arm, and become a lot more clutch, or the moment will pass him by.
Well said.

And i’m surprised that there are some Chiefs fans that don’t want Allen to become that rival.

It’s more fun that way.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:44 PM 12-29-2020
He’s the most improved player in the league this year and the Bills deserve so much credit for it. He previously had trouble with accuracy, but this year he’s been very sharp.

I’d say the 5 best QB’s currently are:

1. Mahomes
2. Rodgers
3. Wilson
4. Watson
5. Allen
[Reply]
Page 23 of 35
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up