ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 227 of 237
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:22 PM 04-07-2016
Now with 800% more crapshoot!

Roster:

Spoiler!

SCHEDULE

Spoiler!

Notable dates:

Late Night in the Phog
Oct 1 6:30 PM
Allen Fieldhouse
Students enter at 4:30PM, general public at 5:00 PM

Champions Classic:
Nov 15, 2016 - Madison Square Garden. KU vs. Duke

CBE Hall of Fame Classic:
semis & finals at Sprint Center in KC.
Nov 21 - 22 (early games date & time ).

Armed Forces Classic
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham, Hawai`i: Nov. 11 (ESPN)
Indiana vs. Kansas
Arizona vs. Michigan State

BIG 12/SEC CHALLENGE
Kansas vs. Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Jan 28, 2017

Let's go get Lucky 13. And a damn National Championship.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:56 PM 03-28-2017
It's all good. Always fun Debate. There's no discussion on KU football. That's much worse than debating hoops. "the opposite of love isnt hate, it's apathy"
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:15 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
It's all good. Always fun Debate. There's no discussion on KU football. That's much worse than debating hoops. "the opposite of love isnt hate, it's apathy"
LOL

There isn't any right answers for that programs.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:41 PM 03-28-2017
Hope devonte leaves and never shows his face in Lawrence again. What a shitstain loser

0-7. Guy we wanted, Dorsey, had 25. That's the diff between an elite top 25 recruit and a short loser who signed with App State. We pay 5M/yr for a coach to make good recruiting decisions, not take turds off the scrap heap because he's too lazy to recruit
You are so insufferable.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 04:44 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Right and it very well might be, but nobody has presented me with any evidence that is a systemic problem that Self is responsible for. There has been some talk about advance scouting and some looking ahead which might be as plausable as anything.

But the big deal is Self always has a 1 or 2 seed, so really all he can do is meet expectations or underachieve. Whereas other teams get lower seeds with bad years, so they get a repreave from the pressure.
I understand but KU/Self are being graded against other "blue blood" schools.

The recruits aren't going to need any evidence other than KU developing a losing trend in the EE. Also the B-School upset jokes etc.

I understand, people will defend their school to the death but whether the issue is real or imaginary, it's still becoming an issue.

Story about it in the NY Times, since when does NY give a shit about anything in the flyover states?

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...ment.html?_r=0
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:52 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:

Story about it in the NY Times, since when does NY give a shit about anything in the flyover states?

When the writer is a KU grad.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:57 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Really sick n tired of Self's ****-ups in March.

Don't give me shit about Duke either...I could give a shit about what Duke does and Coach K has the hardware.

Self could never get to a FF ever again and KU fans would be perfectly ok with it.

Self is a ****in underachieving loser in March. Plain n simple.
Understanding the odds of a 68-team single elimination tournament will help you not make stupid posts.

This isn't the NBA playoffs (no seven game series with home court advantage)
This isn't the NCAA playoffs (where the REAL best teams are given a great opportunity to win a championship in a 4 game playoff)
This isn't the NFL playoffs where you only have to win 3 games to be a champion and get to play at home until the Super Bowl.

This is the NCAA Tournament. A spectacle in itself to get the casual fan involved and to ensure that the NCAA can get their own pay day. The goal isn't to reward the best teams. It's for excitement & $$$$.

How long have you been a KU fan? How do you not understand this? Sometimes you win. Sometimes you don't. All a coach can do is put his team in position to be a good seed, and hope to play well in the postseason.

It wasn't Bill Selfs fault Graham went 0-7 from 3. It wasn't Bill Self's fault that Josh Jackson picked up 2 cheap fouls in the first 2 minutes and played one of his worst games in a KU uniform. FFS, KU went 5-25 from 3 and Oregon made everything they jacked up. 11 threes, many that were guarded, 2 at the end of the half that were complete luck.

For the love of god, Bill Self has been to the Elite 8 HALF the time he has been a coach at KU. 50%. 7 out of 14 years.

Let's see how the other Top Coaches have done shall we?

Coach K 4/14
Roy Williams 7/14
John Calipari 8/14
Tom Izzo 5/14
Jim Boeheim 3/14
BILL SELF 7/14
[Reply]
BWillie 05:03 PM 03-28-2017
5M/yr in salary and the #1 recruiting budget and top home court.

And this butthole can't even get thru a regional. Even in front of a home crowd.

At this point I'd like to see him go NBA and we can re-boot. He's a lazy ass recruiter now and has been for years. We need new blood, and fewer March faceplants
You may want to petition the power-5 conferences to hold their own postseason championship, or it's going to be a long rest of your life. You can't expect to win a 68-team single elimination tournament. Not even if you are the best team, or one of the best teams. It is the nature of the beast (NCAA TOURNAMENT).

It is there to make money and provide excitement. Not give the best teams the best chance to win.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:04 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
He's done better than Roy Williams did at KU. Calapari had the best team ever and lost in the title game. How was Self supposed to win last night? Make those outside shots for his team? Block Oregons 50 ft three pointers?
:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 05:10 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by DJay23:
At this point with his record in Elite 8s it almost has to be something to do with the preparation process.
It has everything to do with being unlucky with shooting and matchups. Last year KU played eventual national champion Villanova. This year they shot 5-25 from 3 while the other team was nailing 50 foot 3 pointers. Life is simple. There isn't some magical thing you need to look for. Sometimes you get unlucky. That is all there is too it. As a coach you can only put your team in a position to be successful. That is all you can do.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:14 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
This ranks up there w/ the VCU, UNI, Bucknell, Bradley, and Stanford losses.

And really this should be #1 considering this was in KU's backyard.
Losing to the Pac 12 champion who is 33-5 in the Elite 8 is similar to other 2nd round upsets to double digit seeds?

Stop huffing fumes people. Get a grip.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:18 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
I hope he falls in the NBA draft, out of the lottery into the middle of the 1st.

It looked like Jackson just mailed it in against Oregon.

I have to wonder whether or not Graham has decided to go pro as well since he was just crap too.
No it didn't. Looked like he was entirely too amped up. Was trying to be as aggressive as possible and picked up an early 2 fouls. KU and Jackson pressed the rest of the game.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:21 PM 03-28-2017
Originally Posted by NWTF:
Roys a better recruiter. I used to think Bill was a better in game coach but anymore I think they are about the same.

I think it worked out well for both programs. Roy upgraded slightly and KU got a good one in Bill. Bill needs a championship in the next couple years to quiet his critics which have the right to be critical honestly. A lot of blown opportunities over the years.
Bill is absolutely a better in game coach, and X's and O's coach. In their prime, both are equal in recruiting but Bill Self has the edge now. Roy (arguably) may run a better "system".

The only difference is Roy Williams has been more fortunate in the NCAA Tournament than Bill Self in the last 14 years. That is the simple truth. It isn't because he's a better or worse coach. Roy Williams "choked" all the time at KU. All of a sudden he gets to UNC and he's cured? No. Luck. 68-team tournament. Shit happens. Understand odds people. Please I beg of you.
[Reply]
Pants 05:21 PM 03-28-2017
2FF in 14 years at Kansas isn't impressive at all. Oh well, Pants and Buehler can beat off about the Farmer League trophies a bit more. (Of course, Oregon woulda won it this year. And Nova last year. And....)
Yeah, Gonzaga has their powerhouse conference to thank this year.

Another nugget from PB.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 05:53 PM 03-28-2017
So you guys are still talking about this....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:54 PM 03-28-2017
Mason named 1st team AP AA. That means his jersey goes up. Also AP player of year and only unanimous selection
[Reply]
Page 227 of 237
« First < 127177217223224225226227 228229230231 > Last »
Up