ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 126
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:42 AM 08-08-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Here's the truth: Everyone wants to work.

It doesn't matter if it's Ben Affleck or Marlon Brando or Johnny Depp or Martin Sheen, to name a few. Everyone wants to work.

You're paid your fee, told that talented people are attached, trust your agent and the studio, then it flops.

Today, flops are out under a microscope due to the internet. But if people were to peruse the resumes of old, whether it's Kirk Douglas or Martin Sheen or James Garner or Dustin Hoffman, et al, you're going to find stinkers.

It's the nature of this biz and but it's also a testament to Affleck's talent and drive. The dude is on top and IMO, that's a good thing. He's passionate about great film making.
I think it's also a knee-jerk reaction to people sometimes getting guilty pleasure seeing someone get knocked down a peg.

He shows up on the scene and has legitimate success in highly acclaimed independent films. Then turns in a studio feature and wins the Oscar for GWH. After that, for a period of time, it's all well known the celebrity went to his head and the projects he was choosing and associated were probably the last thing on his mind.

If you want to critique him- go off of what he's done after he got his shit straightened out. It's tough to say he's not been evaluated by some unfairly strictly on the disaster years of about '99 to '03.
Just off the top of my head - name someone with a better track record than his from about Gone Baby Gone to now?

For some reason, some people will always be down on the guy, and view him as the douche that works over at Casual Male.

BtW, I still fucking love his appearance in The Boiler Room.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:54 AM 08-08-2015
"Act as if you have a 9 inch cock"
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:23 AM 08-08-2015
Re: Bale's voice as Batman.

I understand why it's divisive, but I think it was certainly needed for the movie. He, like Keaton and Kevin Conroy, used 2 different voices to distinguish Batman from Bruce Wayne in order to protect Wayne's identity. I think Affleck needs to do something similar(maybe not as exaggerated as Bale) in his depiction of Batman.
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 09:34 AM 08-08-2015
I disagree. Nolan was the star of those films, not Bale. Ledger was amazing and I actually preferred JGL's performance to Bale's in the final film.

And Bale's voice is extremely divisive in those films, so it'll be interesting to see what Affleck brings to the character.

Personally, I think he'll be awesome. His stand alone movie should be completely amazing. The guy is ridiculously talented.
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Bale was serviceable, but hardly remarkable, and certainly nothing to distinguish him as the standard-bearer for playing BW/Batman.

Yep, Bale didn't look, act, or sound like Batman at all. Not sure why everyone whips their junk out at the mention of his name. Affleck looks the part, though he sounds kind of whiney.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:28 PM 08-08-2015
To me the MoS Superman isn't Superman.

This is Superman:

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 01:24 PM 08-08-2015
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
To me the MoS Superman isn't Superman.

This is Superman:

He shoves her off in the next panel, right?
[Reply]
Bowser 01:28 PM 08-08-2015
Vaporizes her emo head with heat vision and then throws the headless corpse into orbit, then buzzes down to Tijuana for the donkey show.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:49 PM 08-08-2015

:-)

If I remember correctly, he just stays with her for a few hours or as long as she needs.

Pretty cool but also gayyyyyy.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 05:52 PM 08-08-2015
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
:-)

If I remember correctly, he just stays with her for a few hours or as long as she needs.

Pretty cool but also gayyyyyy.
You must have read a different version?

It's amazing how the same picture can portray a completely different scene based on a handful of words scribbled into a white bubble...

[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 11:47 PM 08-08-2015
Absolutely hated Bale as Batman. (Love him as an actor:American Psycho, The Fighter, etc.) I'm not excited about this movie at all nor with Affleck. Who isn't a terrible actor by any means. Hope they prove me wrong.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 07:20 PM 09-02-2015
So has anyone heard the theory that Has been floating around?

Essentially, Lex gets ahold of Zod''s body and is messing around with it. One way or another he becomes Doomsday.

Certainly could be why so many other heroes will make an appearance, and there's no way Luthor is going to be the primary villain by himself. . .
[Reply]
RobBlake 08:31 PM 09-02-2015

Essentially, Lex gets ahold of Zod''s body and is messing around with it. One way or another he becomes Doomsday.

Certainly could be why so many other heroes will make an appearance, and there's no way Luthor is going to be the primary villain by himself. . .
I think that story could work. I also think the solo batman films will be based around jason todd and the red hood story line.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:48 PM 09-02-2015

This has been a rumor for a long time but Michael Shannon recently refuted it.

Or did he?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 09:10 PM 09-02-2015
This has been a rumor for a long time but Michael Shannon recently refuted it.

Or did he?
No he hasn't. He did say he's got green screen prosthetics that look like flippers or something to him instead of hands. Maybe with cgi fins = claws?
Also, some mention of the character having an exterior of bone and rock.

What ya know - a WW siting.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 10:01 PM 09-02-2015
If that is true then why... why why why bring back Zod to turn him into Doomsday? That messes with the origin and Doomsday could get to earth in other methods without bringing back Zod. It's like Zach Snyder is apologizing to the fans that didn't like the first movie. The destruction in the end, we're holding Superman to it and using it as a backbone to why Batman and Superman are at ends with each other. We didn't like Zod dying, Superman doesn't kill! Don't worry kids, we're bringing Shannon back and making him the bad guy again in another sense.

I don't mind the way Snyder is going about this movie, I actually like that the main villain is being kept a secret. It'll get spoiled closer to movie time, but he's going about it better than JJ Abrams did with Khan in Into Darkness. If it is Doomsday, then so be it, technically Doomsday dies over and over again anyways and then is brought back as a more efficient killing machine, but why turn Zod into that? It's like recycling instead of just giving Doomsday the story he deserves. I just have a bad feeling that they will Spiderman 3 Doomsday like they did with Venom. Bloat the hell out of the movie with so many characters and backstory just to give the badass villain 20 minutes of ending battle screentime.
[Reply]
Page 63 of 126
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113 > Last »
Up