ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Finally officially house hunting!
luv 01:58 PM 04-19-2019
Lending secured. Just have to find a house. With our wants/needs in the price point we're in, they're going like hotcakes. Anyway, super excited, so I just had to share!

/Facebook Planet post

UPDATE: Closing on a home on June 10th!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:22 AM 04-20-2019
Best of luck! Make sure HVAC and water heater are fairly recent or you'll get stuck replacing those at the most inopportune time.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 08:09 AM 04-20-2019
I just saw new housing starts numbers and was shocked.

So far this year, starts have fallen 9.7%. Builders are pulling back from their construction of single-family houses and apartments

occurred at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 1.14 million. So far this year, starts have fallen 9.7%. Builders are pulling back from their construction of single-family houses and apartments, even though the solid job market has provided a base of demand from buyers seeking an upgrade. Nor does the supply squeeze seem likely to end soon as permits, an indicator of future activity, fell 1.7% to an annual rate of 1.27 million.

Single-family starts have fallen in five of the last six months over previous years numbers.
[Reply]
MahiMike 09:48 AM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Just remember , picking a house is like choosing your wife. If you don't like the outside don't even worry about the inside. Just pass.
I'd say it's more like picking your next girlfriend. Stay for a while then move on to the next one. They made millions of them!
[Reply]
luv 01:49 PM 04-22-2019
We were very interested in looking at a house for sale by owner that I came across last Thursday. Sent info to my agent, and she said that the owner's were funny about showings in that the only time they would show was after 2pm on Fridays. She called to schedule a time, and they said they weren't showing the following day, so she scheduled us a showing at 2pm this coming Friday. Found out Sunday that they're under contract. :-)

On to the next....
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 04:25 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Best of luck! Make sure HVAC and water heater are fairly recent or you'll get stuck replacing those at the most inopportune time.
Home warranties help with that....
[Reply]
lewdog 05:27 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
If these home warranties are so good, how are these companies staying in business?
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:28 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
If these home warranties are so good, how are these companies staying in business?
Because they're like insurance. You're paying money and they're banking that you won't use them. We have one in our house and didn't use it at all last year. But our AC unit is old as fuck and I'm waiting for it to tank under the warranty.

Not my problem anymore since we're going to be selling the house....but still.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 05:36 PM 04-22-2019
Single or double wide?
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:36 PM 04-22-2019
A home warranty is a good thing to ask for as a throw in on the sale. We bought our house in KC, ask them to include a 12 month warranty, and sure enough the a/c went out by the time summer rolled around (we bought in February). I would never buy one for myself, but it's worth an ask when buying.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:30 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
Never had one the seller didn't include to seal a cash sale. There are good ones, bad ones, and some ugly ones that install new old stock with the brand name removed, install questionable equipment pairings and charge stupid prices for things like condensation pumps and control thermostat units.

Since Franchise is not worried because of selling do you think he receiving value back from the policy, if it can be transferred is he profiting? Did he buy a warranty but received nothing from it?

The ones I had owned had both options but with fees for doing so.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:18 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because they're like insurance. You're paying money and they're banking that you won't use them. We have one in our house and didn't use it at all last year. But our AC unit is old as fuck and I'm waiting for it to tank under the warranty.

Not my problem anymore since we're going to be selling the house....but still.
Waiting for it to tank, while paying $500/year and $70 for every service call while they try to piece my old unit together year after year.

Getting a full on replacement takes many visits and many repairs. Not to mention they only let you replace it with a similar unit, so upgrading from a piece of shit brand is never an option.

/Lame
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:23 PM 04-22-2019
As much as I hate insurance, home warranties work out for everyone.

And for home warranty companies, it's a better scam than regular insurance, while no one cares.... the buyer takes on less risk for no cost, the seller will break even when they buy, and the home warranty company makes $1000 for every buyer/seller pair.

And every once in a while, something actually breaks.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:35 PM 04-22-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
As much as I hate insurance, home warranties work out for everyone.

And for home warranty companies, it's a better scam than regular insurance, while no one cares.... the buyer takes on less risk for no cost, the seller will break even when they buy, and the home warranty company makes $1000 for every buyer/seller pair.

And every once in a while, something actually breaks.
Oh definitely ask for one the first year.

After that, I think it's a scam to renew it year after year like so many do. Thinking they are coming out ahead in the long run when you rarely do.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:15 PM 04-22-2019
Oh definitely ask for one the first year.

After that, I think it's a scam to renew it year after year like so many do. Thinking they are coming out ahead in the long run when you rarely do.
Agreed, I'd never renew it... then you're already at like $1000 for two years.

I didn't think about the $70 service calls though, that's even scammier.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 09:50 PM 04-22-2019
$70 for service call is cheap (HVAC , plumbing, or major appliance,) unless it's a leaky water heater... then just send out a trained monkey

Do you have deductibles on top? if not quit bitching.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 7
< 1234 567 >
Up