ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Raiders are in even more dysfunction
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:24 AM 04-19-2019

Sources: #Raiders coach Jon Gruden and GM Mike Mayock sent their scouts home for the weekend and they are not expected to return by draft time. The belief is they don’t know who to trust and wanted to clear the room.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 19, 2019

[Reply]
Kman34 03:58 PM 04-19-2019
Did Chucky or Gayock hire the scouts?? If they did then they can only blame themselves...
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 06:45 PM 04-19-2019
Gruden went to the dentist and had new wisdom teeth installed.
[Reply]
FAX 07:01 PM 04-19-2019
In olden times, treasonous scouts caused real problems.

The lieutenant never really knew if the scouts were leading the mounted cavalry in the proper direction or if they were merely setting him up to be scalped and raped and fed to the coyotes and feral cats. Often times, the scouts would reconsider their supposed loyalty to the white man halfway to their expected destination. They would then lead the unsuspecting group in circles until their water ran out. Of course, the scouts were the only ones who knew how to milk a cactus in order to survive. Then, as the lieutenant lay emaciated and dying of thirst, they would punch him in the stomach, laugh in his face, and make him watch as they staked out his troops to be slowly eaten alive by fire ants and scorpions.

So I get it.

FAX
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:11 PM 04-19-2019
NFL Network just said that Mayock and Gruden suspected a leak among their scouting team, so they sent them all home.

So another team is cheating. It would have to be either the Patriots or the Broncos, and since the team was stupid enough to get caught, it must have been Elway's plan.
[Reply]
FAX 08:21 PM 04-19-2019
Or it could have been members of the dreaded Chuckococka tribe. They are well-known turncoats whose idea of fealty is mutinous sedition and burying dudes up to their jawline in the desert sands whenever they're given half a chance.

FAX
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:25 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Did Chucky or Gayock hire the scouts?? If they did then they can only blame themselves...
i assume they are all former TV personalities.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:28 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by FAX:
Some pundits are saying it's normal to restrict access to the board ... you know, to around 3 or 4 people. Others are saying that this is unprecedented in their experience. The main oddity is that they've apparently banished their scouts from the entire building. Super secret stuff, right there.

Maybe they're planning on trading all their picks for a kilo of uncut coke?

FAX
Veach should get on the horn immediately with gruden and bam Morris.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:30 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
NFL Network just said that Mayock and Gruden suspected a leak among their scouting team, so they sent them all home.

So another team is cheating. It would have to be either the Patriots or the Broncos, and since the team was stupid enough to get caught, it must have been Elway's plan.
So I'm a scout and I've seen their board. They send me home ,now I'm pissed. I'm telling the whole world who they plan to take at 4,24,27. Everybody will know.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:23 AM 04-20-2019
I actually think this was a pretty prudent move...considering how negligent the Raiders have been as a franchise.

Both Maylock and Gruden know...from years of being on the other side, how people like to talk. Oakland dictates this draft by owning 4 of the top 36 picks...which is extremely rare.

Scouts dont make a lot of money...and when you have franchises like NE and Denver that will cheat and are morally defunct...you have to protect yourself.

NE hasn't been as successful for almost 20 years without moles..refs and otherwise...which worries me about KC picking up their D-line coach. Convenient that their main threat now has a former NE "assistant" inside the Chiefs circles....has Game of Thrones taught you nothing?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:25 AM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I actually think this was a pretty prudent move...considering how negligent the Raiders have been as a franchise.

Both Maylock and Gruden know...from years of being on the other side, how people like to talk. Oakland dictates this draft by owning 4 of the top 36 picks...which is extremely rare.

Scouts dont make a lot of money...and when you have franchises like NE and Denver that will cheat and are morally defunct...you have to protect yourself.

NE hasn't been as successful for almost 20 years without moles..refs and otherwise...which worries me about KC picking up their D-line coach. Convenient that their main threat now has a former NE "assistant" inside the Chiefs circles....has Game of Thrones taught you nothing?
That would be one hell of a thing to find out 10 years after BB retires that all the coaches that left the Patriots to take other NFL jobs were all paid spies. The NE mafia organization.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:27 AM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
So I'm a scout and I've seen their board. They send me home ,now I'm pissed. I'm telling the whole world who they plan to take at 4,24,27. Everybody will know.
Nearly every team in the NFL sends the scouts home before making their final big board these days.

These are also leftover scouts from Reggie and likely to be replaced after the draft.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:24 AM 04-20-2019

[Reply]
RustShack 09:07 AM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Lol no. They will be fired after the draft because they didn’t hire them. They are the previous staffs scout.

Regardless, it’s normal for scouts to bring the information and the GM compile it and not let many people see it so it’s not leaked to the media and other teams.
[Reply]
wazu 09:46 AM 04-20-2019
I find it odd that it would be a foregone conclusion that all the scouts will be fired. It's not like Mayock has worked anywhere else. Where is his "trusted" pool of scouts coming from?

I also don't think it's that dysfunctional to send the scouts home. Sounds like a smart move in this case, if not just about all. You already have their player grades, reports, and intel. There's no reason they need to know your draft strategy. I could see maybe bringing in for Day 3 when any "big" moves are over, and the GMs personal familiarity with each and every prospect would understandably be less.
[Reply]
MahiMike 10:04 AM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Just realized how much Gruden and Mayock kinda look like this buffoon. Watch as they go along if they start going to the same barber/bowl.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up