ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Where were you when the chiefs drafted Pat Mahomes?
cmh6476 11:45 PM 04-18-2019
I was sitting in a conference meeting in Houston, and knew my counterpart from Lubbock. I went straight to him when the news dropped, and he was pretty :meh: about it.

But I will never forget where I was when I found out.

:cool:
[Reply]
007 11:47 PM 04-18-2019
On a bike trail somewhere in Iowa. Wabash Trace Nature trail. Bugeater was checking his phone and started yelling OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

I stood there saying bullshit. No way the Chiefs traded up for a QB.

welp.

:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:47 PM 04-18-2019
Whacking my 10in dick while running a 4.40.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 11:49 PM 04-18-2019
I was in the middle of Game 1 of the Penguins/Capitals Eastern Conference Semifinal. I was flipping back and forth to the NFL Draft during commercials and when I saw the Chiefs had traded up, I kept the TV on the Draft.

When Mahomes was called, I smiled, fist-pumped and yelled through the house that the Chiefs finally got a QB to the only other person who gives a shit: my wife.
[Reply]
CanadaKC 12:28 AM 04-19-2019
I love the draft and was all over mocks and through media leaks found out the Chiefs liked this kid then watched some video on him and was like HEY! Then during the actual draft when we traded up they thiughr we were going for Deshaun Watson but when they said Mahomes I was ecstatic I (like you all) felt this was the right pick and game changer
[Reply]
wazu 12:32 AM 04-19-2019
At home. Was watching with my oldest son when I saw the trade had happened and ran up to tell my wife and youngest son. Told them it had to be a QB, Watson or Mahomes. They ran downstairs to watch. I expressed a slight preference for Mahomes but said I would be happy with either. When the pick was announced pandemonium erupted in our basement. Great times!
[Reply]
Sannyasi 12:49 AM 04-19-2019
Watching it on tv at home. I remember being shocked but happy. I remember thinking I can’t believe all those rumors of the Chiefs loving Mahomes were right... the Chiefs really weren’t shy about letting their draft strategy be known. But maybe it’s only fans who read into that kind of chatter before the draft.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 01:33 AM 04-19-2019
Watching at home. I had a feeling the Chiefs would move up - but didn't think they would go that high. I was cheering for Mahomes and went crazy when the pick was announced. Was a fun day.
[Reply]
Strongside 02:56 AM 04-19-2019
Asleep in Normandy, France.
[Reply]
rico 03:05 AM 04-19-2019
I was at Buffalo Wild Wings.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 05:06 AM 04-19-2019
At home prepared for us to take a chance on Deshone Kizer because I knew PM wouldn't be there where we picked even though he was mocked to the 2nd. Felt like a kid at Christmas when I saw we traded to the 10th spot
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:09 AM 04-19-2019
I was finishing my workout at the gym. I went to the gym early that evening, because it was awhile before the Chiefs were due to pick.

I was following the draft on my phone and saw the trade. I figured it was for Watson, but was surprised/excited to see it be for Mahomes.

I had to finish my workout with an erection after watching Mahomes highlights.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:13 AM 04-19-2019
Driving on I-25 between Denver and the Springs. I was listening to talk radio and the Denver guys were announcing/analyzing the draft (which was pretty funny to listen to, actually). I got chills when they came with a “bombshell” announcement that the Chiefs had made a blockbuster trade. I knew what was about to happen then.

One of the dudes was baffled. “What do you get in Deshaun Watson that you don’t get in Alex Smith? The Chiefs already have their franchise guy.”

But the other host was on-point “No. Andy wants the incredible talent and big arm from Texas Texh, Patrick Mahomes.”

It was official moments later.
[Reply]
BottomShelfBoose 05:14 AM 04-19-2019
Black Jack table at the Isle of Capri. Amazing
[Reply]
Kman34 05:56 AM 04-19-2019
At your moms house...
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up