ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone been to Ford Field?
wheeler08 06:49 PM 04-17-2019
Living in NW Indiana, Detroit is only 4 hours away. Thinking of getting a hotel close to stadium and parking at hotel and walking there. I’ve never been to Detroit. Is that area as ghetto as what I imagine Detroit being? Any tips on where to stay and what to do on a Saturday night there for a trip away with the wife?
[Reply]
New World Order 06:50 PM 04-17-2019
Better bring armed security
[Reply]
kcpasco 06:51 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
:-)
[Reply]
wheeler08 06:53 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I don’t know if you are joking or not?
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:57 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:

Do invest in bullet proof vest the best money can buy / not joking.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:58 PM 04-17-2019
I suggest staying in a place located 4 hours away from Detroit.
[Reply]
kcpasco 06:59 PM 04-17-2019
I survived the bums in Seattle so you can probably survive the gunfire in Detroit.
[Reply]
wheeler08 07:00 PM 04-17-2019
Really? Worse than Chicago? I had no problems going to Bears preseason game last year
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 07:02 PM 04-17-2019
That would require me to go to Beirut West.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:04 PM 04-17-2019
Never been to Detroit but I've seen 8 Mile 17x and think I know my way around. Happy to meet up with other like-minded survivors like yourself at the game as this will also be my first time tempting fate.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:06 PM 04-17-2019
Stay West of 39 in Allen Park or Taylor if you want to be close. Lincoln Park is ok. That or completely out of the city to the North. Melvindale starts shit and going East is more shit the closer to the city you get. Wayne is kind of shit. Stay out of Ypsilanti.

Edit: Forgot you mentioned staying within walking distance. Not sure I recommend staying right downtown. Place is a shit hole of epic proportions, especially at night. It's better than it used to be, but not by much. I mean you're in the heart of Detroit being at the stadium. The practice facility is in Allen Park. You're within a 20 minute drive. If you take the bus it's about an hour. I'd go to the burbs I listed. I don't know. To each their own.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:29 PM 04-17-2019
Answer your own question about what it's like. You said you live in NW Indiana. Do you walk around Gary without worrying at night? If you do, you should be relatively ok with doing the same in Detroit. If your answer is no, then you're probably best off not doing it in Detroit.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:34 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by wheeler08:
Just a Detroit joke
[Reply]
lewdog 08:20 PM 04-17-2019
What's worse....

Wanting to stay in downtown Detroit?

Or living permanently in Indiana by choice?
[Reply]
wheeler08 08:32 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Answer your own question about what it's like. You said you live in NW Indiana. Do you walk around Gary without worrying at night? If you do, you should be relatively ok with doing the same in Detroit. If your answer is no, then you're probably best off not doing it in Detroit.
I’ve never actually been to Gary. From what I’ve read online so far, the Greektown area by the stadium is actually a happening place and seems to be a lot of nice hotels and places to eat there. Talked to a friend that travels for business and she said Greektown was a great place.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up