ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Dane Brugler seven round mock
ntexascardfan 01:24 PM 04-08-2019
I've copied and pasted the picks for the poors + fats on here who can't sacrifice a bigmac once a month for a subscription to The Athletic.

Presented w/o commentary:

Kansas City Chiefs
1 29 CB Rock Ya-Sin
2 61 WR Andy Isabella
2 63 EDGE Jaylon Ferguson
3 92 OG/C Connor McGovern
5 167 LB Emeke Egbule
6 201 SS Khari Willis
6 214 DL Amani Bledsoe
7 216 RB Mike Weber
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:28 PM 04-08-2019
Man, a big Mac sounds good
[Reply]
O.city 01:28 PM 04-08-2019
That's kind of what a pure needs draft would look like, I think.

I'm not a huge fan.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 01:58 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:

I'm not a huge fan.
That's about where I'm at with this one too.

The Athletic staff are going to do a site wide mock draft in a couple weeks. I believe the guys from the LockedonChiefs podcast will be the team making the picks for the Chiefs.

It'll be interesting to see how that one shapes out.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:31 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Man, a big Mac sounds good
I was just thinking about a quarter pounder. With the money I saved by ntexascardfan's cut and paste on this post, I may go get one.
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 02:33 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I was just thinking about a quarter pounder. With the money I saved by ntexascardfan's cut and paste on this post, I may go get one.
You can't say I'm not a charitable man. :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:34 PM 04-08-2019
This draft fucking sucks
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 04-08-2019

I'm not a huge fan.
National guys always do that.

It's lazy as hell and why I'm absolutely certain they work their drafts backwards. They'll make 'selections' for certain teams designed expressly to push other player to an 'easier fit' on their mock draft. And they do that with awful need-based picks that will just not happen.

That is a tragically terrible draft from Bugler and it's that way because he just pulled up a needs sheet for the Chiefs and worked them in as he could to make 'better' picks for teams he knows more about.
[Reply]
O.city 02:43 PM 04-08-2019
Looks that way.

Just a "Chiefs needed this and that so I can plug in this and that".
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:47 PM 04-08-2019
Looks that way.

Just a "Chiefs needed this and that so I can plug in this and that".
I ran a mock first couple rounds on the Draft Network draft machine where I selected every team and just went through with every moderately justifiable rat-fuck I could come up with for the Chiefs.

If there was a close call I could make and make in a way that hurt the Chiefs, I'd do it.

And that draft still ended up a hell of a lot better than Rock Ya-Sin in the !@#$ing first round. And I LIKE Ya Sin; would be really happy with him in the 2nd round.

But c'mon, he's not a 1st rounder.
[Reply]
O.city 02:50 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I ran a mock first couple rounds on the Draft Network draft machine where I selected every team and just went through with every moderately justifiable rat-**** I could come up with for the Chiefs.

If there was a close call I could make and make in a way that hurt the Chiefs, I'd do it.

And that draft still ended up a hell of a lot better than Rock Ya-Sin in the !@#$ing first round. And I LIKE Ya Sin; would be really happy with him in the 2nd round.

But c'mon, he's not a 1st rounder.
Buddy, I think we're gonna run into that type of guy at the back of the 1st this year. Who the hell is to differentiate who is and isn't a first rounder once you get past say, the top 17 guys

Teams are going to be so different in how they have these guys stacked vs say us here on CP or even conventional rankings etc.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:04 PM 04-08-2019
Here's my 5 minute - "this seems possible" mock up through the Chiefs pick:

Cardinals -- Murray
Niners -- Bosa
Jets -- Allen
Raiders -- Williams
Bucs -- Oliver
Giants -- Haskins (I think they may wait and look Jones at 17 though)
Jags -- Fant
Lions -- Hock
Bills -- Taylor
Broncos -- Lock
Bengals -- White
Packers -- Dillard
Dolphins -- Metcalf
Falcons -- Sweat
Redskins -- Bush Jr.
Panthers -- Burns
Giants -- Gary
Vikings -- Ford
Titans -- Ferrell (this was a 'screw the Chiefs' pick; they won't go this route)
Steelers -- Murphy
Seahawks -- Adderley
Ravens -- Williams
Texans -- Bradbury
Raiders -- Greedy
Eagles -- CGJ
Colts -- Wilkins
Raiders -- Tillery
Chargers -- Baker

That leaves the Chiefs a pretty hideous draft board but still options better than Ya Sin. Simmons, Irv Smith and Dexter Lawrence stand out immediately. I left Simmons on the board because he presents a clear 'Chiefs batter women' problem so I don't think he's someone we're looking at. There are another 4-5 guys I like ahead of him but the bottom line is that he simply doesn't stand out at all from that group of potential CBs. And if you move the round forward, you have to rig it pretty heavily to not get someone very similar to him still available for you in the late 2nd.

And to get it that bad I had to leave Daniel Jones on the board (which I don't think will happen; the Giants, Bucs and Broncos are likely going QB, IMO, and it will be those 3). I had to push several potential 1st round WRs down, notably AJ Brown who I think will be the best WR in this class. I kept Jacobs out of the round as well. There will be better options than a fungible 2nd round caliber CB and by a fair amount.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:07 PM 04-08-2019
Buddy, I think we're gonna run into that type of guy at the back of the 1st this year. Who the hell is to differentiate who is and isn't a first rounder once you get past say, the top 17 guys

Teams are going to be so different in how they have these guys stacked vs say us here on CP or even conventional rankings etc.
Well shit - shut the board down then.

If you're typing it, I presume you're the one doing the 'differentiating' in the conversation.

Why is everyone so aghast at the idea of using your own judgment? My point is that I don't think Brugler even bothered and there's a better chance of Ya Sin going in the 3rd round than there is of him going in the 1st.

But I guess we'll see who's better at this - the dude that does it for money, or the dude that does it to kill time when he's tired of staring at paperwork. He'd better damn well hope he's better at it than I am.

I'll bet he's not...
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:14 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Here's my 5 minute - "this seems possible" mock up through the Chiefs pick:

Cardinals -- Murray
Niners -- Bosa
Jets -- Allen
Raiders -- Williams
Bucs -- Oliver
Giants -- Haskins (I think they may wait and look Jones at 17 though)
Jags -- Fant
Lions -- Hock
Bills -- Taylor
Broncos -- Lock
Bengals -- White
Packers -- Dillard
Dolphins -- Metcalf
Falcons -- Sweat
Redskins -- Bush Jr.
Panthers -- Burns
Giants -- Gary
Vikings -- Ford
Titans -- Ferrell (this was a 'screw the Chiefs' pick; they won't go this route)
Steelers -- Murphy
Seahawks -- Adderley
Ravens -- Williams
Texans -- Bradbury
Raiders -- Greedy
Eagles -- CGJ
Colts -- Wilkins
Raiders -- Tillery
Chargers -- Baker

That leaves the Chiefs a pretty hideous draft board but still options better than Ya Sin. Simmons, Irv Smith and Dexter Lawrence stand out immediately. I left Simmons on the board because he presents a clear 'Chiefs batter women' problem so I don't think he's someone we're looking at. There are another 4-5 guys I like ahead of him but the bottom line is that he simply doesn't stand out at all from that group of potential CBs. And if you move the round forward, you have to rig it pretty heavily to not get someone very similar to him still available for you in the late 2nd.

And to get it that bad I had to leave Daniel Jones on the board (which I don't think will happen; the Giants, Bucs and Broncos are likely going QB, IMO, and it will be those 3). I had to push several potential 1st round WRs down, notably AJ Brown who I think will be the best WR in this class. I kept Jacobs out of the round as well. There will be better options than a fungible 2nd round caliber CB and by a fair amount.
I think the idea that the Chiefs aren't looking at Simmons is 100% false.
[Reply]
patteeu 03:14 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by ntexascardfan:
5 167 LB Emeke Egbule
The last linebacker we had by that name didn't pan out.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up