ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Fansided 7 round Mock Draft
The Franchise 11:36 AM 03-27-2019
https://fansided.com/2019/03/27/kans...fl-mock-draft/

29 JOHNATHAN ABRAM ,S, Mississippi St

This will undoubtedly be a defense-heavy draft for Kansas City and although there’s some questions on which positions they could target first, they have the benefit of three selections in the top two rounds.

This flexibility gives them the option to move up and down the board as they see fit, unlike their strategy in 2018 when they were without a first-rounder due to the (well-worth it) trade the previous year for Patrick Mahomes.

Edge rushers will certainly be in play at No. 29, but the Chiefs could instead choose to bolster their secondary with Mississippi standout safety Johnathan Abram. With the addition of Tyrann Mathieu to the Kansas City secondary, Abram would be exactly the type of physical tone-setter to complement his play.

Abram has won a lot of people over during the draft process and it shouldn’t be a shock to anyone if he winds up in the back half of the first round. For a team like the Chiefs looking to continue to add to their young secondary, Abram would be an excellent fit.

61 CHARLES OMENIHU, EDGE, Texas

Edge defenders make the NFL world go round and with the departures of Dee Ford and Justin Houston, Kansas City will certainly be in the market for one or two on draft day.

One player that seems like a fit, and has had a number of different interactions with the team during the draft process is Texas’ Charles Omenihu.

Omenihu has been one of the fastest risers during the draft process and at 6-foot-5, 280 pounds, he has the length and size to turn himself into a productive edge defender at the NFL level. He’s yet to find the consistency needed to beat opposing linemen on a regular basis but with continued development and patience, he could wind up as one of the draft’s biggest round two steals.

63 MECOLE HARDMAN, WR, Georgia

The messy Tyreek Hill situation leaves Kansas City likely in the market for a game-breaking wide receiver come draft day.

Luckily for the Chiefs, this class is sneakily deep at the position and presents the team with a number of interesting options if they choose to invest an early pick. One such player is Georgia’s Mecole Hardman, a dynamic speedster with home-run hitting ability.

Hardman turned heads at the NFL Combine with a blazing 4.33 40-yard dash time and that speed shows up on film in spades. Believe it or not, Hardman doesn’t even have much experience at the position (he started his career as a defensive back), so his play during the last two seasons for the Bulldogs could be just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to his potential.

Perhaps most importantly, Hardman is also an excellent in the return game, something that should immediately become an important hole to fill depending on the status of Hill for next season.

92 JOEJUAN WILLIAMS, CB, Vanderbilt

The Chiefs added Bashaud Breeland in free agency as a nice low-risk, high-reward move, but still have a long ways to go in building up their secondary but Vanderbilt’s Joejuan Williams would serve as an excellent target on Day 2.

Williams has the prototypical size for an outside cornerback in today’s NFL game (6-foot-4, 211 pounds) and has helped himself quite a bit during the pre-draft process. I could see him landing much higher than this 92nd-overall pick, but for now I’ll keep him in this general range with the disclaimer that I think the Chiefs would trade up to get him, if necessary.

Williams stands to be more consistent in his technique and can have a tendency to give up some big plays, but the physicality, demeanor and size, all offer a glimpse of his true potential with proper development. He has already met several times with the Chiefs during the pre-draft process and there seems to be a solid connection that could be realized on draft day.

167 MIKE WEBER, RB, Ohio St

The Chiefs have been kicking the tires on a number of running back prospects during the course of the pre-draft process, which likely means they’ll be in the mix for one on Day 3 of the draft.

Weber (5-foot-10, 211 pounds) tested surprisingly well at the Combine for a back of his size and could be one of several running back options the Chiefs consider in rounds 5-7.

Weber is a smart, instinctive runner who should excel in a backfield that rotates carries, which Kansas City could do a lot of in 2019.

201 BLAKE CASHMAN, LB, Minnesota

Cashman was a big winner at the NFL Combine, running a remarkable 4.50 40-yard dash and 10-foot-4 broad jump, some of the best numbers posted of the entire linebackers group.

As a former walk-on, Cashman has turned himself into a legitimate NFL prospect during the last few years and should get reps as a valuable special teams player early on in his NFL career. New defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo can experiment with where best to play Cashman in his new 4-3 scheme.

214 KINGSLEY KEKE, EDGE, Texas A&M

Keke is an impressive athlete for his size (6-foot-3, 288 pounds) and will likely be one of several front seven defenders from the Aggies to hear their name called during the course of the draft.

As I mentioned before, edge defenders are critical to success in today’s NFL game and Keke would add even more depth at the position to pair with fellow in-state prospect Omenihu.

216 DERWIN GRAY, OL, Maryland

The loss of center Mitch Morse in free agency was one of the biggest under-the-radar departures in the entire offseason so far and could force Kansas City to address the position as early as the 2019 NFL Draft.
[Reply]
kccrow 02:33 PM 03-27-2019
I like Cashman but that also seems late even though he's had surgery on both of his shoulders. A poor injury history but top-line play and good speed had Anzalone go to the Saints in round 3 a year ago. I'd say Cashman won't be there by round 5, much less 6.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:37 PM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I like Cashman but that also seems late even though he's had surgery on both of his shoulders. A poor injury history but top-line play and good speed had Anzalone go to the Saints in round 3 a year ago. I'd say Cashman won't be there by round 5, much less 6.
Yeah, I think that combine made him such an obvious wrecking ball on STs that his floor got high enough to make him a legitimate 4th round consideration for most teams.

Cashman's gonna get STs coaches wet and there will be handful of DCs that see 'hard-nosed overachiever' on his tape and combine it with his combine scores to talk themselves into thinking he's a late 2nd day pick.

I could be way wrong, but I think he's a cinch to be gone by the late 4th with mid-3rd potential (though unlikely).
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up