ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Let's talk CB's
Couch-Potato 07:43 AM 03-27-2019
Kiper has us taking Greedy Williams in the 1st, who else is worth a look at CB in the early rounds?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/in...tions-rankings
[Reply]
staylor26 07:46 AM 03-27-2019
Greedy, Murphy, and Baker are the only ones I’d even consider in the 1st.

Ya-Sin, Layne, Williams, Love, Mullen, Amani and maybe Bunting in the 2nd.
[Reply]
O.city 08:13 AM 03-27-2019
If Greedy fell to 29, sure. I think he may be the only guy in the class that could maybe develop into a 1/high end 2 guy the quickest.

I have a lot of doubt that he makes it to 29.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:18 AM 03-27-2019
Greedy or Murphy. Don’t want Baker.
[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 03-27-2019
I think i'm probably out on Baker too in round 1.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:28 AM 03-27-2019
I'm in the market for a #1 corner. If I absolutely had to take a corner and hope for the best, I'd take Baker. I'd rather not though.

There are some options for developing, just isn't what this team needs today.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:14 AM 03-27-2019
I'd rather take a 2nd round flyer on one of those guys. Yeah, we need CB help right now but this team also has ZERO long term prospects at CB other than Ward. Get a 2nd round guy to provide competition this year with the intention of starting him next year. It isn't ideal given that this team needs a CB1 right now but this draft isn't perfect.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:22 AM 03-27-2019
Fuller was the prize of the Alex Smith trade, so I'm thinking they're looking at him as a longterm prospect.

Depth can be bought in FA. This team just needs a #1 guy and needs to exhaust every single trade possibility.

This is where versatility is key because having a guy like Fuller that can bounce outside if a starter goes out is valuable and adding a guy like CGJ would be nice since he can also play the slot pretty well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Fuller was the prize of the Alex Smith trade, so I'm thinking they're looking at him as a longterm prospect.

Depth can be bought in FA. This team just needs a #1 guy and needs to exhaust every single trade possibility.

This is where versatility is key because having a guy like Fuller that can bounce outside if a starter goes out is valuable and adding a guy like CGJ would be nice since he can also play the slot pretty well.
I sure see Fuller as a long-term prospect but until they actually extend him, he's still only here short-term.

With the way DB salaries are heading, I don't think free agency is going to be as great as some thing. Probably going to need to draft a couple DB's every year and hope someone pans out just to keep salaries under control.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 06:48 PM 03-27-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I sure see Fuller as a long-term prospect but until they actually extend him, he's still only here short-term.

With the way DB salaries are heading, I don't think free agency is going to be as great as some thing. Probably going to need to draft a couple DB's every year and hope someone pans out just to keep salaries under control.
He was the crown jewel of the trade. They'll make every reasonable attempt to keep him so unless something changes, I'd operate under the assumption he's long term regardless of his current contract situation.

Depth db deals are still fine. I don't know what you're alluding to.
[Reply]
RustShack 08:04 PM 03-27-2019
Baker is who I’d take in the first if we don’t go pass rusher. Peavy in the end of the draft would be a steal. He’s a great corner who’s only big knock is his height, but his play makes up for it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:05 AM 03-28-2019
He was the crown jewel of the trade. They'll make every reasonable attempt to keep him so unless something changes, I'd operate under the assumption he's long term regardless of his current contract situation.

Depth db deals are still fine. I don't know what you're alluding to.
I'm alluding to the fact that salaries seem to be on the upswing and certain positions are going to be WAY cheaper to draft than sign.

With a draft like this, you know you're not going to probably get a day 1 starter, so you draft a depth guy in the hopes that he can eventually take Ward or Breeland's spot, keeping Fuller in the slot.

It's just a numbers game.

And for the record, I'm not suggesting throwing a 1st rounder at CB this year. I'm just saying when you have two 2nd rounders, you can take a developmental CB there with some upside and he'd be instant depth with a bit of a future, for A LOT cheaper than FA.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:12 AM 03-28-2019
For depth? Not really. Look at the deal they just gave Breeland.

It ain't shit.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:20 AM 03-28-2019
For depth? Not really. Look at the deal they just gave Breeland.

It ain't shit.
It's a 1 year deal. Look at what Steven Nelson just got instead.

You draft for immediate depth with starter UPSIDE. It's a long-term plan.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:12 PM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's a 1 year deal. Look at what Steven Nelson just got instead.

You draft for immediate depth with starter UPSIDE. It's a long-term plan.
Uh, Nelson is going to be starting in Pittsburgh.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up