< 12345 6 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Drafting a center
O.city 09:30 AM 03-01-2019
They’re not gonna keep Morse so who looks good in this draft to replace him
[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sure. It easily could be.

But if it is, it's mediocre at 61 and 63 as well so you may as well stack mediocre prospects and hope for some gems.
Just seems so different in terms of who has who ranked where.

I'm not keen on trading down.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 11:33 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
does anyone with espn+ have the new mock that was put out today?
Kiper's Chiefs picks:

1) Greedy Williams CB
2) Elgton Jenkins C
2) Jachai Polite OLB
3) Trayveon Williams RB
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:34 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
Kiper's Chiefs picks:

1) Greedy Williams CB
2) Elgton Jenkins C
2) Jachai Polite OLB
3) Travyeon Williams RB
I would be fine with this.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:35 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Do you not kind of worry that the more we hear about how "deep" this draft is, more likely means it's just all mediocre?
Not really.

The value I was getting in the mid to late rounds in the CP mock was all the proof I needed to see. It’s not like people were drafting like shit but there was consistently value at at every pick. It definitely stood out from other CP mocks where I was taking guys I’ve never even heard of.
[Reply]
O.city 11:38 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not really.

The value I was getting in the mid to late rounds in the CP mock was all the proof I needed to see. It’s not like people were drafting like shit but there was consistently value at at every pick. It definitely stood out from other CP mocks where I was taking guys I’ve never even heard of.
Maybe

but that just seems so outlier ish in terms of a draft that I tend to think it's just not going to be the case that those guys really end up hitting. Alteast not any more than a normal draft.

Man, I dunno. I can see where you're coming from though.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 11:50 AM 04-10-2019
It's just not a real top heavy draft, which is why I don't think there's even 20 guys with a first round grade.

Good quantity in the next tier of players.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:23 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I would be fine with this.
My only issue is that he has Murphy on his board there as well.

Murphy
Jenkins
Polite

Would be a pretty good 1-2; I'd probably go elsewhere with the Williams pick; he's very similar to Damien in that he's primarily a pass-catching back with some burst but he's not a shifty guy. I just don't see him providing much that we don't already have and the draft is pretty deep at RB.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:28 PM 04-10-2019
Not really.

Yeah, this was an interesting eye opener of a draft in the CP Mock.

I'm glad I came back; most years I don't feel like I've come away from that thing thinking things are much different than I expected.

This year, OTOH, I was convinced that my 'who gives a shit about rounds 4+' approach was probably not a great one for this particular draft. And I was definitely even more convinced that the very top of this draft falls off fast.

So you're looking at a tier maybe 60-70 players deep after the 20th pick and I just figure that's damn rare. Sure, there are variations within the margins there but still, there are a TON of 'B' prospects; B- or B+ perhaps, but still a bunch of B guys. In the CP mock there are still 4-5 WRs that I think are potential day 2 picks and almost certainly going early in day 3.

So I would watch that board like a hawk and if I'm sitting there in the mid 20s with a couple of A guys still on the board because someone like Daniel Jones got pushed up (he will) and teams fell in love with a combine warrior (they will), I'm thinking maybe I take my chances, ride to 29 and then flip those 2nds for more shots in the middle rounds.

It's incredibly risky because you could end up finding yourself in a situation where your board dries up and you're taking a B player at 29, then nobody wants to move up into the 2nd because of the lack of separation in prospects so you just burn 61 and 63 on a couple more B players and you've really underutilized that draft capital.

It's a HR swing to be sure but depending on the board, it may be the way to go.
[Reply]
Meatloaf 12:42 PM 04-10-2019
Really enjoy your posts DJ. I’m just hoping that we don’t need to take a homerun swing this year in order to have a solid draft. We’ve got a ton of moving parts on our new D, and we could be facing a huge problem on O if we lose Hill. Not sure this scenario sets up well for going “all in” in trying to hit the Royal Flush of drafts. Give me nice and solid and I’ll be happy as a clam!

My personal hope is that we land a WR, TE, and CB with 3 of our first 4 picks. Gotta keep pressure on the other teams in the league by continuing to have an offensive juggernaut.
[Reply]
patteeu 04:31 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Don't like drafting a center at 29? How about trading up to #21 to take him? :-)

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...-all-32-teams/

We give up a 2nd and a 6th to move up to 21. We get back Seattle's 4th round pick. Then we trade out of the 2nd round with GB for a 3rd and a 4th.

1 21 C Garrett Bradbury, NC State from SEA*
1 29 to Seattle
2 61 to Green Bay
2 63 to Seattle from LAR
3 75 CB Amani Oruwariye, Penn State from GB*
3 92 SS Amani Hooker, Iowa
4 114 DE L.J. Collier, TCU from GB*
4 124 CB Jordan Brown, South Dakota State from SEA*
5 167 RB Mike Weber, Ohio State
6 201 OLB Dre Greenlaw, Arkansas
6 214 to Seattle
7 216 TE Zach Gentry, Michigan from SF
Ugh
[Reply]
gonefishin53 10:05 PM 04-11-2019
Mitch Morse proved that you don't need to draft a college all-american center to get a good NFL center. Ryan Bates, Penn St., has college playing experience very similar to Morse (3 year OL starter and 2 time all conference 3rd team at OT) and his mobility numbers (1.70 sec 10 yard split, 4.53 sec short shuttle, and 7.45 sec 3 cone) are very similar to Garrett Bradbury. Bates' short arms, 32 1/2'', probably limit him to OC in the NFL. Bates should be available in the 6th round.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:55 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Ugh
Might as well trade up for a fullback.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:35 PM 04-14-2019
If we move up to take a Center he better be able to block 2 guys at once.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:52 PM 04-17-2019
Not really.

This is where I am. In every mock I've done, there is good talent available at the position. I can't imagine giving up those opportunities to move up.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:26 PM 04-21-2019
No fucking way am I having Austin Reiter protect my 200 mil QB
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up