ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 195
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2017 NFL Draft Thread**** (NO Spoilers)
Dante84 11:29 PM 04-26-2017
Let's fucking do this.

Rules:
1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's McCaffrey to Tampa) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").

Don't be a dick.

Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny.

I'll also be starting threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:47 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Looking forward to all the stupid ****ing cliches tonight...

Blue Chip player

Diamond in the rough

Im not "sold" on player X

Breaking down tape

Game film or tape

its only gonna get worse as the night goes along.
Originally Posted by Rooster:
:-) No shit. I will add.

High football IQ

Lunch pale type guy

First to get to work and the last to leave

High Ceiling

High Motor

Deceptively fast (white guy)

That's either a drinking game or Draft Night Bingo.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 01:00 PM 04-27-2017
I turned on NFL network and the cliches have already started...

FML, gonna have to watch this shit on mute.

"Value Pick"

That is a Chiefs fan masturbation fantasy...
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:07 PM 04-27-2017
I will be severely pissed off if we draft Adoree Jackson like Terez Paylor said in his final mock.

The dude's not even that GOOD. Marcus Peters was a fucking beast. Jackson is not.
[Reply]
kgrund 01:10 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I will be severely pissed off if we draft Adoree Jackson like Terez Paylor said in his final mock.

The dude's not even that GOOD. Marcus Peters was a ****ing beast. Jackson is not.
Agree. If go corner, want a physical and long corner. Humphrey or King, would do the ticket.
[Reply]
chiefs1111 01:13 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Hoping we get some takes like this to look back at:

Wow
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:15 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by kgrund:
Agree. If go corner, want a physical and long corner. Humphrey or King, would do the ticket.

Petro just did his mock & Humphrey was his pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dayze 01:24 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Bewbies:
Hoping we get some takes like this to look back at:

yep; that's why all these mocks, analysis, and hours and hours of TV coverage talking about these prospects, is a completely joke and waste of time. They're FOS just like we're all FOS here on CP....except they get paid to be an 'expert'.

it's a total crapshoot with all these players.
I can't believe the hours and hours of time I wasted watching and devouring all this draft shit years ago. It was almost like a 2nd job in terms of time, starting from the end of the playoffs until draft day. and in the end, i don't need to listen to a talking head on the TV or radio telling me Tyson Jackson or Ryan Sims is a good pick, when I can see with my own eyes they're worthless fattys.

same reason i don't need to get into endless arguments that cite a bunch of stats of a guy like Cassel or Alex; it's not gonna change my mind eye test, that they are average on their very best day. Pointless to argue about it; or about which guy that hasn't played a down in the NFL yet is better than the other guy who hasn't played a down in the NFL yet.

I enjoy talking about the draft with other guys on here...but I don't like the discussions that go
"I like X player"
"OMG!...why? I watched his tape and he's a Y-rounder at best. he doesn't fit Z's-system. Moron"
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 01:24 PM 04-27-2017
I wonder if people would flip out if Obi Melifonwu at 27 was the choice.

(as a press corner, and if that failed, Parker's eventual replacement)
[Reply]
TLO 01:30 PM 04-27-2017
The only thing we can be sure of - all the major channels will take a commercial break when the Chiefs pick comes up.
[Reply]
Coogs 01:31 PM 04-27-2017
Some chatter that the Browns may be trying to trade up to get Hooker or Adams instead of Trubisky. Garrett still 1st overall.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:43 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
I wonder if people would flip out if Obi Melifonwu at 27 was the choice.

(as a press corner, and if that failed, Parker's eventual replacement)
I'd flip out. I'd honestly rather reach on a DL (if none of the top 20 talent falls to us) than go that route.

For me, if we stay at 27, the preferences are:

1. QB (Mahomes/Watson/Kizer, and I will trust Reid and Dorsey if they think Webb is the guy)

2. Foster (if he falls to us)

3. Pass rusher (Watt is my boy, but if a better talent like Barnett falls to us, that's even more gravy. Would settle for McKinley or Bowser)

4. Some other weird occurrence of a top 20 talent falling to us that we couldn't predict but shouldn't pass up.

======================================

After this point, I'm starting to get angry. If ALL of those guys are taken, I understand, but if one is available, I'm going to be mildly upset.

5. A Chris Wormley-type DL talent. NOT Malik McDowell, but McDowell isn't Dorsey's kind of player anyway, so I don't think we have anything to worry about there.

6. Cunningham

NOW I start screaming AIDS:

7. Shitty CB/S not even worth a fucking 1st round pick

8. OL

And the final tier is everybody else they might reach on. Now is where I kick dogs, burn Chiefs stuff, and put axes through cuttable surfaces like walls, TVs, bathroom counters, and old people

You'll notice all RBs are in that last tier.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:51 PM 04-27-2017
Rumors that the Chargers might shock everybody and go great white hope again this year with McCaffrey

That would be a a 1st round RB selection in 2 out of the last 3 years

:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:54 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Rumors that the Chargers might shock everybody and go great white hope again this year with McCaffrey

That would be a a 1st round RB selection in 2 out of the last 3 years

:-)
Holy fucking stupid. But I'd love to see it just so that it fucks over Elway and his quest to draft the kid.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:55 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
Holy ****ing stupid. But I'd love to see it just so that it ****s over Elway and his quest to draft the kid.
That is probably why the Broncos have talked to the Titans about trading up to 5. He'll probably be pissed to see him go to a division rival, while Dorsey will be laughing his ass off.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:01 PM 04-27-2017
NFLN just said the Broncos are really trying to get up there for McCaffrey and are willing to give up a pick next year for him if necessary.

That's hillarious. We got a much better player in the 5th rd last yr. Dorsey is a pimp.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 195
« First < 56789 101112131959109 > Last »
Up