ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 195
« First < 45678 91011121858108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****2017 NFL Draft Thread**** (NO Spoilers)
Dante84 11:29 PM 04-26-2017
Let's fucking do this.

Rules:
1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's McCaffrey to Tampa) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").

Don't be a dick.

Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny.

I'll also be starting threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:04 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I think he's well liked because he's clutch, and a gamer.

His performance in both NC games were awesome. Being able to perform and deliver/execute under that level of pressure cannot be coached.
In two games against Alabama, Chad Kelly threw for 762 Yard, 6 TD's and 0 Interceptions.

Let that sink in for a minute.

Interpret it as you will.
[Reply]
O.city 12:07 PM 04-27-2017
A Qb being "clutch" isn't reason to spend a 1st rounder on him and I hate the whole "clutch" stuff.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 12:07 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Bullshit. You can't determine that in one ****ing game.
You can bitch and moan all you want but the FACT is that Nick Foles ran the offense almost exactly the same as Alex Smith when he was in there. People constantly say that the problem is not the plays that are called, it's that Alex Smith doesn't see or is too scared to throw the ball to the deep routes.

It doesn't take more games to try to throw the ball to the deeper routes ... if they exist. Nick Foles went through the same progressions and made same check downs as Alex Smith because that is the way that Andy Reid draws them up.

.... that is the way that Andy Reid draws them up .....

When Tyler Bray went out there and ignored the progression, deciding to chuck the ball deep, Andy Reid couldn't get him off the field fast enough. I don't think Bray saw the field again after that. Bray got dropped from #2 to #4 almost immediately. The Chiefs brought in Foles shortly thereafter, if I'm remembering the timing right.

Maybe Andy Reid modifies the offense to fit a guy like Mahomes but right now our offense is a pure WCO offense. That's the way Smith and Foles ran it ... short, quick routes and check downs.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 12:11 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
No he wasn't.

I think whoever says you don't watch games might just be right.

Foles would go bombs away, he just couldn't hit a fucking air craft carrier
Foles didn't go bombs away :-)

He threw the one deeper pass down the left hash to Kelce for a touchdown. People cheered and acted like Smith hadn't done the same thing the week before. :-)

oh yea, and this stupid shit about me not watching the games, Fuck you.

Make-believe bullshit because people are desperate to hate Alex Smith instead of the stupid fucking offense we run.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:11 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Foles sucks. Worse than Alex. But you can't say he was just as conservative as Alex was in this offense based on just one game.
2 games
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:13 PM 04-27-2017
Looking forward to all the stupid fucking cliches tonight...

Blue Chip player

Diamond in the rough

Im not "sold" on player X

Breaking down tape

Game film or tape

its only gonna get worse as the night goes along.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:16 PM 04-27-2017
Foles threw 5 passes 14 or more yards in Indy. He also made very good long passes vs Jags to Kelce and Wilson (TD).

It was significantly more assertive play than Alex overall.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:20 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Foles threw 5 passes 14 or more yards in Indy. He also made very good long passes vs Jags to Kelce and Wilson (TD).

It was significantly more assertive play than Alex overall.
He's terrible.
[Reply]
Chief_For_Life58 12:21 PM 04-27-2017
what about that nate peterson guy from pitt? Take him in the second and pick a linebacker with our first pick?
[Reply]
Rooster 12:30 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Looking forward to all the stupid ****ing cliches tonight...

Blue Chip player

Diamond in the rough

Im not "sold" on player X

Breaking down tape

Game film or tape

its only gonna get worse as the night goes along.
:-) No shit. I will add.

High football IQ

Lunch pale type guy

First to get to work and the last to leave

High Ceiling

High Motor

Deceptively fast (white guy)
[Reply]
Mecca 12:33 PM 04-27-2017
Don't forget that every white player will be a try hard high motor guy that isn't the most talented while all the black players will be highly talented but lack motivation or be lazy, it never fails.
[Reply]
nychief 12:33 PM 04-27-2017
Originally Posted by Rooster:
:-) No shit. I will add.

High football IQ

Lunch pale type guy

First to get to work and the last to leave

High Ceiling

High Motor

Deceptively fast (white guy)

VALUE PICK!
[Reply]