ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Media Center>A New Season of Arrested Development?!
Tribal Warfare 11:38 PM 10-08-2011
Netflix And Showtime Eye Potential New ‘Arrested Development’ Limited Series
Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurtwitz dropped another bombshell today, telling a panel at The New Yorker Festival that he plans to bring the Emmy-winning series back to television for a limited 9-10 episode run before proceeding with the long-gestating Arrested Development movie. He didn’t specify where the potential series would air as it doesn’t necessarily have to run on Fox, which carried the mothership series. I hear that 20th Century Fox TV, which co-produced Arrested Development with Imagine TV, has had talks with Netflix, which has been on the hunt for original programming, and Showtime, whose new entertainment president David Nevins shepherded Arrested Development when he ran Imagine TV and served as an executive producer on the cult series. 20th TV declined comment.

According to attendees at the panel, where Hurwitz was joined by series stars Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Michael Cera, Tony Hale, Jeffrey Tambor, David Cross, Alia Shawkat and Jessica Walter, Hurwitz laid out his plan to have each installment focus on a different member of the Bluth clan. Bateman later weighed in on the announcement on Twitter. “It’s true,” he wrote. “We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early ’13. VERY excited!” That would mean launching the follow-up limited series on the 10th anniversary of the original, which premiered in 2003 and ran on Fox for 3 seasons.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:25 PM 05-30-2013
Google "George Maharis" Guess what he was arrested for....
[Reply]
kc rush 02:33 AM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
:-)
[Reply]
Javabean 06:23 AM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Awesomesauce

http://recurringdevelopments.com/#_
Very nice. Can't wait to see Season 4 on it.
[Reply]
Javabean 06:26 AM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by teedubya:
There had better be a season 5 or a movie to tie it all together, because it's not quite finished, IMO.
Yeah, it reminded me of a Bret Easton Ellis novel, where it didn't end so much as just stop. I guess they're trying to generate public pressure for another season or movie, but I would've preferred they wrapped up more of the story lines and drove to a bigger finish.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 05:48 PM 05-31-2013
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
Very clever, considering why he didn't like his name.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:07 PM 05-31-2013
Dig Lucille 2's juice selections, legitimate grape!! :-) :-)

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:38 PM 06-01-2013
Strongly recommend re-watching episode 4.1 after finishing season 4.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:33 PM 06-05-2013
ok I finished it

it ended up being a great season
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:50 PM 06-05-2013
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Awesomesauce

http://recurringdevelopments.com/#_
NPR just went next level.

http://apps.npr.org/arrested-develop...tor=MediaReDEF
[Reply]
Hootie 11:08 PM 06-05-2013
I thought Kristin Wiig was an AWESOME Lucille Bluth. What a great casting choice. I thought Rogen was blah.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11:24 AM 06-06-2013
Originally Posted by unnecessary drama:
I thought Kristin Wiig was an AWESOME Lucille Bluth. What a great casting choice. I thought Rogen was blah.
Rogen was terrible. I haven't been able to get past the 5th episode though. Wasn't too impressed.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 11:24 AM 06-06-2013
Originally Posted by unnecessary drama:
ok I finished it

it ended up being a great season
Guess I need to keep watching
[Reply]
Hootie 12:49 PM 06-06-2013
Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides:
Guess I need to keep watching
Gets good when it all starts linking together
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:38 PM 06-06-2013
Originally Posted by Rudy Was Offsides:
Rogen was terrible. I haven't been able to get past the 5th episode though. Wasn't too impressed.
good lord. Do you have any understanding of how this show works? Develop a little patience/ability for critical thinking and you should be able to make it just fine.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:37 PM 06-09-2013
BOLO

http://www.reddit.com/r/arresteddeve...well_here_are/
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up