ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Media Center>A New Season of Arrested Development?!
Tribal Warfare 11:38 PM 10-08-2011
Netflix And Showtime Eye Potential New ‘Arrested Development’ Limited Series
Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurtwitz dropped another bombshell today, telling a panel at The New Yorker Festival that he plans to bring the Emmy-winning series back to television for a limited 9-10 episode run before proceeding with the long-gestating Arrested Development movie. He didn’t specify where the potential series would air as it doesn’t necessarily have to run on Fox, which carried the mothership series. I hear that 20th Century Fox TV, which co-produced Arrested Development with Imagine TV, has had talks with Netflix, which has been on the hunt for original programming, and Showtime, whose new entertainment president David Nevins shepherded Arrested Development when he ran Imagine TV and served as an executive producer on the cult series. 20th TV declined comment.

According to attendees at the panel, where Hurwitz was joined by series stars Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Michael Cera, Tony Hale, Jeffrey Tambor, David Cross, Alia Shawkat and Jessica Walter, Hurwitz laid out his plan to have each installment focus on a different member of the Bluth clan. Bateman later weighed in on the announcement on Twitter. “It’s true,” he wrote. “We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early ’13. VERY excited!” That would mean launching the follow-up limited series on the 10th anniversary of the original, which premiered in 2003 and ran on Fox for 3 seasons.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:28 PM 05-24-2013
FOX advertised the show like it was a goof ball show. So if you watched you didn't get what you wanted, and if you wanted a clever show you didn't watch because the advertisement didn't show it. I started from the beginning because I happened to be watching the show prior to the pilot.

It also happened right before DVD seasons got big. If it had started a few years later, it could have developed the college following during the show instead of after. It also was one of the first American sitcoms to go away from the laugh track IIRC.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:37 PM 05-24-2013
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
FOX advertised the show like it was a goof ball show. So if you watched you didn't get what you wanted, and if you wanted a clever show you didn't watch because the advertisement didn't show it. I started from the beginning because I happened to be watching the show prior to the pilot.

It also happened right before DVD seasons got big. If it had started a few years later, it could have developed the college following during the show instead of after. It also was one of the first American sitcoms to go away from the laugh track IIRC.
I can't believe shows still use a laugh track.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:56 PM 05-25-2013
8 hours til new AD (2am Central). I'll have to stay up to watch at least one episode. Might be hard to stop at just one though.

They are anticipating huge audiences for this--probably most on the West since it will only be midnight. Hope the system doesn't crash.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 04:59 PM 05-25-2013
Originally Posted by thurman merman:
Buster is so awesome.
Love that scene where the kids are complaining about their mom and Buster lets loose and pretty much every word is bleeped out. The others are just sitting there in shock.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:59 PM 05-25-2013
stoked for this but i need to re-start the series first. forgot most of what went on
[Reply]
kcxiv 10:21 PM 05-25-2013
looks like Netflix put it up already.

i think its rolling out slowly to some people, cause its not up for me, but others are watching.
[Reply]
Buck 10:25 PM 05-25-2013
Oh fuck let me check.
[Reply]
Buck 10:27 PM 05-25-2013
Not available for me on PS3.

Will check Xbox 360 now.

Edit: Not available on 360 either.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:30 PM 05-25-2013
Not available on my iPad yet.
[Reply]
Buck 10:31 PM 05-25-2013
I'm staying awake to watch at least one ep tonight.
[Reply]
kcxiv 10:32 PM 05-25-2013
i think they roll that shit out in sections. may be for long time customers first blah blah, because at midnight they are gonig to get HAMMERED
[Reply]
Buck 10:35 PM 05-25-2013
Maybe east coast got it at midnight instead of 2 am like they said.
[Reply]
Buck 12:58 AM 05-26-2013
1 minute!
[Reply]
Ultra Peanut 01:00 AM 05-26-2013
I'm not exaggerating when I say this is one of the most exciting, giddy, surreal moments of my life.
[Reply]
Buck 01:00 AM 05-26-2013
ITS ON!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up