ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Media Center>I have officially watched Tombstone
EyePod 12:10 PM 02-17-2009
Can I have my Man Card back now?

I enjoyed the movie overall. A little over-the-top, but still a good flick.

What I loved:

Val Kilmer's acting. I've never seen him act better. Good stuff.

When they first went after the Cowboys, and Earp (I think) jumped through the fucking window, and then killed all the Cowboys there. That was fucking sweet.

The things that really bothered me were:

The wasted shooting on horseback, especially when you couldn't see that they were shooting at anyone. Does this happen in most Westerns?

Kurt Russel's mustache. That was just ridiculous.

The end of the movie, where Wyatt doesn't have to worry about money ever again because his bitch's family is rich, and he's perfectly OK with just mooching and getting room service from her moneys.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 03:23 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by blaise:
Tin Cup and No Way Out weren't bad flicks.
Tin Cup was a chick movie, with golf.
[Reply]
FAX 03:24 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by frazod:
Tin Cup was OK, but I detest golf. And since I actually served on a ship in the Navy, the stuporific rescue scene alone was enough to ruin No Way Out. That's got the be the dumbest goddamn scene ever consigned to film.
I don't remember a stuporific rescue scene in No Way Out, Mr. frazod.

FAX
[Reply]
blaise 03:25 PM 02-17-2009
That one movie he (Costner) made where he was pitching the perfect game at Yankee stadium - that was an awful, awful movie.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 03:26 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by blaise:
That one movie he (Costner) made where he was pitching the perfect game at Yankee stadium - that was an awful, awful movie.
For Love of the Game.

Don't you ever list Tin Cup and hate on the above.
[Reply]
Nzoner 03:27 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by FAX:

FAX
Nor I Mr Fax,I'm wondering if maybe he meant The Guardian,which I've never seen
[Reply]
Frazod 03:30 PM 02-17-2009

FAX
There was a scene early in the movie which established Kostner's character as hero, where he personally rescued a sailor who had fallen over the side of the ship during a storm. Numerous problems include:

1. The outer decks (weather decks) on a ship are painted with non-skid, the texture of which is similar to a stucco ceiling. Prevents you from skidding. Decks are not smoothly painted as depicted in the film.

2. During a storm, the weather decks (exposed areas) are off limits to all personnel - there would be no forward watchman needing rescue in the first place.

3. Costner's character was the Officer of the Deck - had he left his post in the middle of a storm to do anything, he would have been court-martialed.

I saw this in a theater in the Navy town - half of the audience got up and left after that scene. The only reason I didn't was because I was with a civilian woman who thought it was thrilling.
[Reply]
FAX 03:31 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
Nor I Mr Fax,I'm wondering if maybe he meant The Guardian,which I've never seen
I think he is, Mr. Nzoner. The Guardian was pretty bad.

No Way Out was good, though. Great mystery with a good twist. I wish the girl had gotten more scenes, though.

FAX
[Reply]
FAX 03:32 PM 02-17-2009
There was a scene early in the movie which established Kostner's character as hero, where he personally rescued a sailor who had fallen over the side of the ship during a storm. Numerous problems include:

1. The outer decks (weather decks) on a ship are painted with non-skid, the texture of which is similar to a stucco ceiling. Prevents you from skidding. Decks are not smoothly painted as depicted in the film.

2. During a storm, the weather decks (exposed areas) are off limits to all personnel - there would be no forward watchman needing rescue in the first place.

3. Costner's character was the Officer of the Deck - had he left his post in the middle of a storm to do anything, he would have been court-martialed.

I saw this in a theater in the Navy town - half of the audience got up and left after that scene. The only reason I didn't was because I was with a civilian woman who thought it was thrilling.
Hmmmm. I have absolutely no memory of that scene. None. Whatsoever.

Strange.

FAX
[Reply]
Frazod 03:34 PM 02-17-2009
Hmmmm. I have absolutely no memory of that scene. None. Whatsoever.

Strange.

FAX
My buddy in the Air Force feels the same way about Broken Arrow, since there are scenes in that film which are equally ridiculous.
[Reply]
Nzoner 03:36 PM 02-17-2009
Getting back to great westerns anyone ever seen this one

Love the soundtrack too.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:37 PM 02-17-2009
On the Costner western front, there's also Silverado. If someone already mentioned it, I missed it so my apologies.
[Reply]
FAX 03:39 PM 02-17-2009
My buddy in the Air Force feels the same way about Broken Arrow, since there are scenes in that film which are equally ridiculous.
:-)

Even I, a civilian with no personal military experience, had difficulty suspending reality watching that movie.

I'd just like to take a moment here, Mr. frazod, to thank you for your service, by the way. My brother served in the Navy. He lost his life in a submarine accident during the Vietnam war. Most people don't realize how dangerous service can be ... even when you're not in the front lines. So ... thanks.

FAX
[Reply]
Frazod 03:50 PM 02-17-2009
:-)

Even I, a civilian with no personal military experience, had difficulty suspending reality watching that movie.

I'd just like to take a moment here, Mr. frazod, to thank you for your service, by the way. My brother served in the Navy. He lost his life in a submarine accident during the Vietnam war. Most people don't realize how dangerous service can be ... even when you're not in the front lines. So ... thanks.

FAX
Thanks, FAX. Very sorry to hear about your brother. :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:53 PM 02-17-2009
Tombstone is a pretty good movie and I love Open Range. I have probably watched that at least 10 times. They show it alot on AMC HD.

Also on the advice of others here I watched Monty Python's Holy Grail movie. Actually I could only make it about half way through. I thought it was horrible except for the Dark Knight part.
[Reply]
Frosty 04:00 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Also on the advice of others here I watched Monty Python's Holy Grail movie. Actually I could only make it about half way through. I thought it was horrible except for the Dark Knight part.
Heathen.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up