ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>I have officially watched Tombstone
EyePod 12:10 PM 02-17-2009
Can I have my Man Card back now?

I enjoyed the movie overall. A little over-the-top, but still a good flick.

What I loved:

Val Kilmer's acting. I've never seen him act better. Good stuff.

When they first went after the Cowboys, and Earp (I think) jumped through the fucking window, and then killed all the Cowboys there. That was fucking sweet.

The things that really bothered me were:

The wasted shooting on horseback, especially when you couldn't see that they were shooting at anyone. Does this happen in most Westerns?

Kurt Russel's mustache. That was just ridiculous.

The end of the movie, where Wyatt doesn't have to worry about money ever again because his bitch's family is rich, and he's perfectly OK with just mooching and getting room service from her moneys.
[Reply]
Fish 01:00 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by blaise:
It's funny, I re-watched Tombstone over the weekend too because a bunch of people were mentioning it last week.
I thought the scenes where they were shooting the Cowboys off the horse were dumb. I would have preferred a couple of actual scenes of them going into saloons oir hideouts and shooting them.
I also thought the music was way over the top at points. And I thought it had a little too much of that 1990's shine and polish on it. It was too slick for a western. It was ok, Kilmer was great, but it was nowhere near the top of the list when it comes to westerns.
You were disappointed because they shot cowboys off horses instead of shooting cowboys inside a saloon?

Good grief....
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:01 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
I loved that movie. Duval was great.
Duval was the shit. I totally agree.
[Reply]
wutamess 01:03 PM 02-17-2009
Are you freaking kidding me?

Guys are really deeply analyzing a classic MAN flick?
Want a tampoon with your critique of the best western evah?
[Reply]
Stinger 01:04 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding:
I enjoyed "3:10 to Yuma" a lot more.
Well Bye.

[Reply]
FAX 01:08 PM 02-17-2009
"I didn't like his mustache."
"I didn't like the horses."
"I didn't like the music."
"I didn't like his girlfriend."
"I wanted more saloons."

Holy Pink Fuzzy Boas. Sometimes I wonder what some of you guys were fed as children. Jesus.

FAX
[Reply]
Buck 01:10 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by GonzoRox88:
Yes.

And it didn't impress me all that much. Good movie, not better than Tombstone.
To each his own.

Originally Posted by FAX:
Hmmm. I liked 3:10, as well, Mr. BuckinKaeding. In fact, I'm probably one of the few who liked the remake better than the original. However, Tombstone knocks 3:10 in the dirt, ties it to a tree, and jams devastating bacteria up its colon.

Sometimes you sound like a Charger fan.

FAX
Thats strange. I better get checked at the doctors.

Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
The ending was ****in terrible.

Tombstone IMO is the best western I've ever seen. Certainly the most entertaining.

Though theres this new western coming out soon (forget the name) that I really wanna see.
Well, I don't think it was bad, but thats just me. Ben Foster was ridiculously good in that movie.

Originally Posted by Stinger:
Well Bye.

LOL
[Reply]
Frazod 01:10 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Duck Dog:
Have you seen 'Open Range'? Possibly the greatest gunfight in movie western history.
Meh. I'll take the Northfield raid in The Long Riders.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 01:10 PM 02-17-2009
"I wanted more saloons."

Holy Pink Fuzzy Boas. Sometimes I wonder what some of you guys were fed as children. Jesus.

FAX
I'd recommend each of these posters take some HGH and report to a strip club immediately.
[Reply]
Buck 01:10 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Duck Dog:
Have you seen 'Open Range'? Possibly the greatest gunfight in movie western history.
I'll add it to my queue.
[Reply]
EyePod 01:17 PM 02-17-2009
"I wanted more saloons."

FAX
All I said was that his mustache was "RIDICULOUS." Once again Mr. FAX, you are pulling a media move and putting words in my mouth.
[Reply]
Amnorix 01:19 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by EyePod:
All I said was that his mustache was "RIDICULOUS." Once again Mr. FAX, you are pulling a media move and putting words in my mouth.
I'm confused. The real Earp had a ridiculous moustache (by today's standards), so what do you expect?

If they had a movie about Hitler, do you expect him to be cleanshaven because nobody has that kind of moustache anymore either?
[Reply]
FAX 01:20 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by EyePod:
I'm sorry, Mr. EyePod, but I'm not talking to you until you go to a doctor and get yourself checked for Y chromosomes.

FAX
[Reply]
wutamess 01:22 PM 02-17-2009
leave your femininity at the door while watching Tombstone you pussy!

[Reply]
FAX 01:23 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I'm confused. The real Earp had a ridiculous moustache (by today's standards), so what do you expect?

If they had a movie about Hitler, do you expect him to be cleanshaven because nobody has that kind of moustache anymore either?
Back in those days, it was fashionable for real men who shot bad guys for breakfast to sport that kind of mustache. It kept the blood spatter off their teeth. But I guess I shouldn't expect this generation of body shavers to understand that.

FAX
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:28 PM 02-17-2009
Notice anything about people who ahve mustaches? They all rock, and they rock hard!
Hulk Hogan, Wyatt Earp, the guy on pringles cans
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up