ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Media Center>I have officially watched Tombstone
EyePod 12:10 PM 02-17-2009
Can I have my Man Card back now?

I enjoyed the movie overall. A little over-the-top, but still a good flick.

What I loved:

Val Kilmer's acting. I've never seen him act better. Good stuff.

When they first went after the Cowboys, and Earp (I think) jumped through the fucking window, and then killed all the Cowboys there. That was fucking sweet.

The things that really bothered me were:

The wasted shooting on horseback, especially when you couldn't see that they were shooting at anyone. Does this happen in most Westerns?

Kurt Russel's mustache. That was just ridiculous.

The end of the movie, where Wyatt doesn't have to worry about money ever again because his bitch's family is rich, and he's perfectly OK with just mooching and getting room service from her moneys.
[Reply]
FAX 04:01 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Tombstone is a pretty good movie and I love Open Range. I have probably watched that at least 10 times. They show it alot on AMC HD.

Also on the advice of others here I watched Monty Python's Holy Grail movie. Actually I could only make it about half way through. I thought it was horrible except for the Dark Knight part.
It helps if you're somewhat stoned, Mr. dirk digler. Python humor isn't for everybody, though. I know several peeps who don't like them. Personally, I think they are hilarious and the Grail is a cinema classic. You might consider purchasing a few ounces of good black Turkish hash and trying again.

FAX
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:03 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
The only thing I didn't get was why Jesse said."the picture is dusty" from every account I've ever read it was that the picture was crooked.
Those guys were outlaws, rode in the dust and wind most the day, wtf would they care if they were dusty
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:06 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by FAX:
It helps if you're somewhat stoned, Mr. dirk digler. Python humor isn't for everybody, though. I know several peeps who don't like them. Personally, I think they are hilarious and the Grail is a cinema classic. You might consider purchasing a few ounces of good black Turkish hash and trying again.

FAX
Thanks for the tip Mr. Fax I knew I was missing something. I thought a couple of parts were funny but that was about it.
[Reply]
seclark 04:06 PM 02-17-2009

FAX
[Reply]
Frazod 04:06 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by arc:
Heathen.
This. :-)
[Reply]
Saccopoo 04:11 PM 02-17-2009
I think he is, Mr. Nzoner. The Guardian was pretty bad.

No Way Out was good, though. Great mystery with a good twist. I wish the girl had gotten more scenes, though.

FAX
Sean Young. Hot. She was sexy as hell in Dune. (There's a movie that Peter Jackson needs to do a remake of.) From what I remember, didn't she get ostracized from Hollywood?
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:15 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Saccogoo:
Sean Young. Hot. She was sexy as hell in Dune. (There's a movie that Peter Jackson needs to do a remake of.) From what I remember, didn't she get ostracized from Hollywood?
She's a trainwreck. Here's a story that has another anecdote about her in it as well:

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famec...ga-awards.aspx
[Reply]
Frazod 04:15 PM 02-17-2009
IIRC, she's a total psycho bitch.

Loved her in Blade Runner, though.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 04:19 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Also on the advice of others here I watched Monty Python's Holy Grail movie. Actually I could only make it about half way through. I thought it was horrible except for the Dark Knight part.
:-)

The Lancelot scene alone justifies this movie as one of the true greats of cinematic comedy.
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:19 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
his acting in untouchables was horrendous, his worst performance imo
His acting is ALWAYS horrible. There was enough good stuff going on around him to save the movie, however, at least IMHO.
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:20 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by frazod:
Bull Durham.

Field of Dreams.

You FAIL.
IMHO baseball movies are boring, as a rule. Field of Dreams didn't totally suck, but it's not on my top 10 list, my top 100 list, or my top 1000 list.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:21 PM 02-17-2009
IIRC, she's a total psycho bitch.

Loved her in Blade Runner, though.
The first movie I ever saw her in was Stripes. She was one of the MPs that hooked up with Murray and Ramis.
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:22 PM 02-17-2009
Tin Cup was OK, but I detest golf. And since I actually served on a ship in the Navy, the stuporific rescue scene alone was enough to ruin No Way Out. That's got the be the dumbest goddamn scene ever consigned to film.
it's a movie about ****ing GOLF.

GOLF!!!!

Golf movies begin and end with Caddyshack.

To say I'll never see this movie is the understatement of the year. A chronically boring actor in a golf movie. You gotta be kidding me.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:22 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
The first movie I ever saw her in was Stripes. She was one of the MPs that hooked up with Murray and Ramis.
Yes, I'd forgotten about that.
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:23 PM 02-17-2009
:-)

The Lancelot scene alone justifies this movie as one of the true greats of cinematic comedy.
Let me face the peril!

No, it's too perilous!!

I think the whole movie is pretty damn good (other than the ending, which I have never cared for) and I"ve never been stoned in my life. :-)
[Reply]
Page 10 of 16
« First < 678910 11121314 > Last »
Up