ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 16
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>I have officially watched Tombstone
EyePod 12:10 PM 02-17-2009
Can I have my Man Card back now?

I enjoyed the movie overall. A little over-the-top, but still a good flick.

What I loved:

Val Kilmer's acting. I've never seen him act better. Good stuff.

When they first went after the Cowboys, and Earp (I think) jumped through the fucking window, and then killed all the Cowboys there. That was fucking sweet.

The things that really bothered me were:

The wasted shooting on horseback, especially when you couldn't see that they were shooting at anyone. Does this happen in most Westerns?

Kurt Russel's mustache. That was just ridiculous.

The end of the movie, where Wyatt doesn't have to worry about money ever again because his bitch's family is rich, and he's perfectly OK with just mooching and getting room service from her moneys.
[Reply]
Gonzo 12:15 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by EyePod:
Can I have my Man Card back now?

I enjoyed the movie overall. A little over-the-top, but still a good flick.

What I loved:

Val Kilmer's acting. I've never seen him act better. Good stuff.

The things that really bothered me were:

The wasted shooting on horseback, especially when you couldn't see that they were shooting at anyone. Does this happen in most Westerns?
Kurt Russel's mustache. That was just ridiculous.

The end of the movie, where Wyatt doesn't have to worry about money ever again because his bitch's family is rich, and he's perfectly OK with just mooching and getting room service from her moneys.

1. Dramatic effect, you were supposed to confirm that he's really fucking cool.

2. His mustache can kick your ass. Don't talk shit on it.

3. Bitches pay to be with Wyatt. Don't be a hater dude.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 12:17 PM 02-17-2009
Congrats on your balls dropping!

Your card is in the mail.
[Reply]
EyePod 12:18 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
1. Dramatic effect, you were supposed to confirm that he's really ****ing cool.

2. His mustache can kick your ass. Don't talk shit on it.

3. Bitches pay to be with Wyatt. Don't be a hater dude.
1. He's really cool cause he can shoot straight ahead at nothing on horseback? I can do that too! Now I like the bad ass shots from horseback where they show the guy who gets shot. I'm just not a fan of watching 4 guys run towards the camera whilst shooting like crazy. Where did they get all of these bullets?

2. Well, even if his mustache can kick my ass doesn't make it un-ridiculous.

3. I can't argue with that I guess. Unless it ever happens to a daughter of mine (if I have kids).
[Reply]
Buck 12:23 PM 02-17-2009
I just watched it for the first time last week too.

My group of friends always told me I need to watch it and they hyped it up so much. Its 2 of my friends favorite movie.

Well it didn't live up to the hype. Its definitely and enjoyable film, but not anything that special.

I give it a 7/10
[Reply]
HemiEd 12:29 PM 02-17-2009
We rented it last week as well. I really enjoyed it, and the cast was phenominal.
[Reply]
Saccopoo 12:30 PM 02-17-2009
Are you kidding me? That's my perfect world. Why do you think I hang out at the country club bar all day long?

Now that you have initiated yourself in a quality western, you are now ready to move on.

Recommended viewing list (my top ten in no particular order):
1. Shane
2. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
3. The Outlaw Jose Wales
4. Hombre
5. The Searchers
6. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valiance
7. Paint Your Wagon
8. Unforgiven
9. Little Big Man
10. Blazing Saddles

Also, make sure that you watch all three seasons of HBO's Deadwood. And watch them in consecutive order. Ian McShane is just absolutely brilliant in this based on fact account of the frontier mining town of Deadwood. (Personally, I think that they should have casted Ian McShane as Frank Costello in The Departed. Would have been a much better movie with McShane in that role rather than Jack Nicholson.)

And no, you cannot have your man card back. A real man wants and wears a mustache like Kurt Russell had in Tombstone. Grow a handlebar or some big ass chops and then you might get your man card application to submit for your man card. Man card application then might be eventually reviewed.
[Reply]
Katipan 12:31 PM 02-17-2009
Loved Tombstone.

Not as good as the other must see man movies tho...

Shawshank Redemption
The Great Escape
A Night In Paris
[Reply]
DeezNutz 12:33 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Loved Tombstone.

Not as good as the other must see man movies tho...

Shawshank Redemption
The Great Escape
A Night In Paris
Is that the pron?
[Reply]
FAX 12:36 PM 02-17-2009
... A little over-the-top ...
Originally Posted by BuckinKaeding:
... not anything that special. ...
You ladies should start a club.

FAX THE INCENSED
[Reply]
EyePod 12:37 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Saccogoo:
Are you kidding me? That's my perfect world. Why do you think I hang out at the country club bar all day long?

Now that you have initiated yourself in a quality western, you are now ready to move on.

1. Shane
3. The Outlaw Jose Wales
4. Hombre
5. The Searchers
7. Paint Your Wagon
8. Unforgiven
9. Little Big Man
10. Blazing Saddles

Also, make sure that you watch all three seasons of HBO's Deadwood. And watch them in consecutive order. Ian McShane is just absolutely brilliant in this based on fact account of the frontier mining town of Deadwood. (Personally, I think that they should have casted Ian McShane as Frank Costello in The Departed. Would have been a much better movie with McShane in that role rather than Jack Nicholson.)

And no, you cannot have your man card back. A real man wants and wears a mustache like Kurt Russell had in Tombstone. Grow a handlebar or some big ass chops and then you might get your man card application to submit for your man card. Man card application then might be eventually reviewed.
I've watched all of Deadwood! In order! Ian McShane is awesome. Also, I noticed two people from Tombstone in the Deadwood series. Trixie (Paula Malcomson) from Deadwood was Allie Earp (I think it was Virg's wife). And Cy Tollivor (Powers Boothe - What an awesome fucking name) was Curly Bill with the famous "Well, Bye" line.

And I've seen Blazing Saddles... god damnit I love that movie.
[Reply]
EyePod 12:38 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by FAX:
You ladies should start a club.

FAX THE INCENSED
Hahaha, way to put a spin on what I said Mr. FAX. Do you work for the media?
[Reply]
blaise 12:41 PM 02-17-2009
It's funny, I re-watched Tombstone over the weekend too because a bunch of people were mentioning it last week.
I thought the scenes where they were shooting the Cowboys off the horse were dumb. I would have preferred a couple of actual scenes of them going into saloons oir hideouts and shooting them.
I also thought the music was way over the top at points. And I thought it had a little too much of that 1990's shine and polish on it. It was too slick for a western. It was ok, Kilmer was great, but it was nowhere near the top of the list when it comes to westerns.
[Reply]
Chiefless 12:44 PM 02-17-2009
Originally Posted by Saccogoo:

1. Shane
3. The Outlaw Jose Wales
4. Hombre
5. The Searchers
7. Paint Your Wagon
8. Unforgiven
9. Little Big Man
10. Blazing Saddles

Um, your list is missing "Once Upon a Time in the West."

Charles Bronson to two thugs at the train station there o pick him up: "You brought two horses"

Thug: "One too few"

Bronson: "Nope. One too many"

Classic. And one of my all time favorite movies.
[Reply]
Buck 12:46 PM 02-17-2009
I enjoyed "3:10 to Yuma" a lot more.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 16
1 234511 > Last »
Up