ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Washington DC and The Holy Land>234 of 235 House Dems co-sponsor bill forcing schools to let males compete as females
CasselGotPeedOn 11:50 AM 04-11-2019
Every House Democrat but one has co-sponsored a bill requiring schools to allow male athletes who identify as transgender girls to compete on female sports teams.

Democrats’ Equality Act would amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to make “sexual orientation and gender identity” protected characteristics under federal anti-discrimination law. Among other things, the bill would force public schools to expand female athletic teams to include biological males who identify as transgender girls.

Sarah Warbelow, director of the left-wing Human Rights Campaign, praised the bill’s impact on high school sports in written testimony submitted to a House subcommittee on Tuesday.

“Opponents of equality in athletics for transgender athletes have argued that girls who are transgender have unfair physiological advantages over cisgender girls and as a result, will dominate women’s competitive sports,” Warbelow wrote, calling it not “rooted in fact” that biologically male athletes will outperform their female counterparts.

House Judiciary Chairman Jerry Nadler, a Democrat from New York, made a similar argument during an April 2 hearing his committee held on the legislation.

“Many states have sexual orientation and gender identity nondiscrimination laws, and all of them still have women’s sports. Arguments about transgender athletes participating in sports in accordance with their gender identity having competitive advantages have not been borne out,” Nadler said in his opening statement.

In Connecticut, one of the states to which Nadler was referring, two male runners have dominated girls’ high school track. A female competitor called the male runners’ advantage “demoralizing.”

Julia Beck, the head of a self-described radical feminist organization, testified against the bill.

The Democrats’ bill would lead to a male invasion of female spaces, including on the athletic field, Beck said in her April 2 testimony. “Men will dominate female sports,” she warned.

Of the 235 Democrats in the House, 234 have co-sponsored the legislation. (That’s not counting Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico’s non-voting representatives, who also signed on as co-sponsors.)

Reps. John Katko of New York and Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania are the only House Republicans to co-sponsor the bill.

Illinois Rep. Dan Lipinski, the only pro-life Democrat left in the House, is also the only one in his party not co-sponsoring the Equality Act.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/04/10/d...-girls-sports/
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:53 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
No one is telling local school boards how to set up athletic competitions.

But the locals schools need to comply with federal discrimination laws.
I don't think it is possible for you to actually be this stupid and survive going outdoors.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:13 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by Jim Hammer:
No one is telling local school boards how to set up athletic competitions.

But the locals schools need to comply with federal discrimination laws.
So you’re 100% discriminating against women.

So dude you’re a bigot for damn sure.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan27 09:37 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
NO, you're asserting the intent. That's YOU doing that.

All they're doing is pointing a singular consequence of the legislation while you play hide the ball and don't address the topic.

Will this allow transgender women (who are just men in drag at this point, frequently not using hormones) to compete against women?

Again I'm on your side. We should just abolish any gendered line in sports. Women who can play will get to play if they're good enough. If they can't, that's fine. Because women don't' exist except as a social construct. Tearing down this line will reduce discrimination by removing socially constructed barriers with which we define gender identity! Once those barriers are taken down the physical difference between men and women, which are entirely a result of social conditioning, will be reduced to zero!

Right?

Barf. What you do is bad faith my friend. Very bad faith. YOu always assume the worst motivation possible in others, such as you do in this post. That's what bad faith arguing is. It's what you're doing RIGHT NOW. Stop tossing stones. Your glass house is going to hurt you.
The whole entire thing is a complete red herring. The purpose of the legislation was to protect the LGBT community, not to enable men to put a dress on and dominate women's sports. Who the **** spends any brain energy on thinking this is a legitimate issue? There is practically no incentive for men to compete in women's sports and doing it for personal gain is social suicide. The impact this will have on women's sports in school will be practically non existent. If I'm somehow wrong and all of a sudden girls sports are getting dominated by boys, I will adjust my position. But that isn't going to happen and we both know it.
[Reply]
True North 10:43 PM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
The whole entire thing is a complete red herring. The purpose of the legislation was to protect the LGBT community, not to enable men to put a dress on and dominate women's sports. Who the **** spends any brain energy on thinking this is a legitimate issue? There is practically no incentive for men to compete in women's sports and doing it for personal gain is social suicide. The impact this will have on women's sports in school will be practically non existent. If I'm somehow wrong and all of a sudden girls sports are getting dominated by boys, I will adjust my position. But that isn't going to happen and we both know it.
Except it already is starting to happen. When scholarships and prestige are on the line you will see more men subjectively changing their gender identity to cash in. What the left is trying to do is set the table for more of these instances to push their ideological agenda, by incentivizing it.

People with genuine "gender dysphoria" need counseling. Not left wing radicals using them as political meat shields to push their radical agenda.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
[Reply]
LOCOChief 11:35 AM 04-15-2019
Somebody hasn't been paying attention. Have you ever played an organized sport team or individual? The question is not intended to be a trap or insult it just doesn't seem that you understand or can relate with athletic competition first hand. Honestly I hope that your answer is "no"
[Reply]
theoldcoach 11:41 AM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan27:
If I'm somehow wrong and all of a sudden girls sports are getting dominated by boys, I will adjust my position. But that isn't going to happen and we both know it.
Isn't going to happen?

It is already happening. State Girls Track records have been broken in several states by transgender ex-boys.

And they haven't even gotten started with this s*** yet.

Just Passin' By is absolutely correct. This kind of stupid s*** will put Title IX in real jeopardy.

I don't know how the left can possibly be this dumb. But......they never cease to amaze me with stupid ideas.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 01:19 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
Isn't going to happen?

It is already happening. State Girls Track records have been broken in several states by transgender ex-boys.

And they haven't even gotten started with this s*** yet.

Just Passin' By is absolutely correct. This kind of stupid s*** will put Title IX in real jeopardy.

I don't know how the left can possibly be this dumb. But......they never cease to amaze me with stupid ideas.
Yep! ^^ This.^^ :-)
[Reply]
ghak99 04:50 PM 04-15-2019
It's happening the other way around as well. Meat the undefeated two time girls 110lb Texas state wrestling champ.

Here "she" is during a match against a 52-0 opponent...

[Reply]
Detoxing 05:04 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by ghak99:
It's happening the other way around as well. Meat the undefeated two time girls 110lb Texas state wrestling champ.

Here "she" is during a match against a 52-0 opponent...

This girl wants to beat up boys, but Texas says she's only allowed to beat up on girls.

Originally Posted by :
Beggs asked to wrestle in the boys’ division but the rules for Texas public high schools require athletes to compete under the gender on their birth certificate.

[Reply]
ghak99 05:12 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This girl wants to beat up boys, but Texas says she's only allowed to beat up on girls.
Guess what she did right after she graduated. ...changed the gender on her birth certificate. Two titles. Undefeated. National exposure. ... got her, maybe a him by now??, a scholarship offer.

Point was, the laws can be taken advantage of from both directions.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:13 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I would enjoy exploring gender differences with her.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:25 PM 04-15-2019
Originally Posted by ghak99:

She is on steroid therapy treatment. Any HS student on steroids should be banned from competition. Unless they want to set up a competition for steroid users only. She shouldn't be allowed to compete against girls or boys otherwise.
[Reply]
Otter 04:07 PM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Worst part is I think he thinks he’s being clever.
I'm pretty sure you can thank the scuzzer for this piece of shit.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up