ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Looks like another attack in Paris at Notre Dame-just a crazy man or terrorist?
scho63 09:09 AM 06-06-2017
OOPS! :-)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-sh...150332153.html

Paris (AFP) - A French police officer shot and injured a man who attacked him with a hammer outside Paris's Notre-Dame cathedral on Tuesday, authorities said.

Police sealed off the area in front of the cathedral, where the attacker lay injured on the ground.

The attack comes with France on high alert for more jihadist strikes after a weekend attack in London, where extremists used a van and knives to crush to death and kill seven people, one of them French.

Authorities in Paris asked the public to stay away from Notre-Dame, one of France's biggest tourist attractions situated on the banks of the Seine river in the heart of the capital.

French TV reported scenes of panic during the shooting, with tourists scrambling for cover.

France is under a state of emergency and on its highest possible level of alert following a string of terror attacks that began in 2015, which have killed over 230 people.

In the last fatal attack, a policeman was shot and killed on Paris's prestigious Champs-Elysees avenue on April 20, three days before the first round of the presidential election.

Major attacks in France targeted the Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine in January 2015 and in November that year, gunmen and suicide bombers attacked sites around Paris including the Bataclan concert hall, killing 130 people.

Then in July last year, a radicalised Tunisian man drove a lorry at high speed through a Bastille Day fireworks display on the Nice waterfront, massacring 86 people.

Since then there have been a series of smaller attacks, often targeting security forces.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 12:12 PM 04-16-2019

In other words, the President [Trump] just recommended the one thing that would make it all worse. Totally on brand. https://t.co/t9fSF4pmGE

— Tom Nichols (@RadioFreeTom) April 15, 2019

[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:13 PM 04-16-2019
The three rose windows survived. So that's more good news.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:16 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:

I think most people understand that was never an option.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 12:23 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You'd think...but many in this thread sure wanted to give Donny the benefit of the doubt....

:-)
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:43 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter:
You'd think...but many in this thread sure wanted to give Donny the benefit of the doubt....

:-)
I think people here say a lot of things they aren't actually stupid enough to believe. At least, I hope that's the case.
[Reply]
srvy 12:51 PM 04-16-2019
Fire Marshall Pitt Sludge knows all the options.

Going on memory when the fire chief released his memo was more like. We considered a water drop but feared the structure could collapse or damage other building in close proximity.

No one knew at the time the French firefighters were inside the Cathedral and knew of its present state. Notre Dame is surrounded by water and live news showed it wasnt getting as much as a hose on it at the time. The reason it looked it is French fight fires different than most countries from the inside out. I was watching news reports as firefighters in the US were completely aghast that hours in and was no lines on the fire.

Many were shocked seeing this historic structure going up like a tinderbox. You can find comments all over on why they weren't doing this or that along with advice. Yet the TDS bitches gotta come out and bark. Sad their lives but not unexpected!
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 12:52 PM 04-16-2019
I think people here say a lot of things they aren't actually stupid enough to believe. At least, I hope that's the case.
I know. That's true. That guy in your sig didn't REALLY believe that stuff either...
[Reply]
mlyonsd 12:59 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Fire Marshall Pitt Sludge knows all the options.

Going on memory when the fire chief released his memo was more like. We considered a water drop but feared the structure could collapse or damage other building in close proximity.

No one knew at the time the French firefighters were inside the Cathedral and knew of its present state. Notre Dame is surrounded by water and live news showed it wasnt getting as much as a hose on it at the time. The reason it looked it is French fight fires different than most countries from the inside out. I was watching news reports as firefighters in the US were completely aghast that hours in and was no lines on the fire.

Many were shocked seeing this historic structure going up like a tinderbox. You can find comments all over on why they weren't doing this or that along with advice. Yet the TDS bitches gotta come out and bark. Sad their lives but not unexpected!
As sad as it is to watch a 750 year old building burn at least we have some comic relief watching TDS cause some people to make fools out of themselves. It really is a disorder. Like a dog with worms dragging its butt across the carpet.
[Reply]
srvy 01:10 PM 04-16-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
As sad as it is to watch a 750 year old building burn at least we have some comic relief watching TDS cause some people to make fools out of themselves. It really is a disorder. Like a dog with worms dragging its butt across the carpet.
All from the usual suspects to. They cant stand that trump tweets yet search hours on end to find negative tweets from nobodies that know nothing to feel better.
[Reply]
scho63 01:14 PM 04-16-2019
Another shoe! Trump called in water tankers and he was wrong! :-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 02:43 PM 04-16-2019
Macron's already setting a short repair time for the cathedral. That is not a good, or smart, thing. But, then, it's Macron.

Originally Posted by :
French President Emmanuel Macron vowed Tuesday to rebuild the fire-ravaged Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris within five years, saying an "even more beautiful" landmark is possible.

The iconic house of worship was almost destroyed by flames Monday, and Macron said France would spare no money or effort to make it whole again.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/europe/...n-five-n995106
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:59 PM 04-16-2019
According to the archbishop, the original organ survived the fire.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 11
« First < 7891011
Up