ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Can anybody recommend some good action RPGs?
htismaqe 10:15 AM 03-23-2019
I've played Witcher 3 and I'm getting ready to finally finish DA Inquisition.

I'm just not seeing much out there for loot/progression-based RPGs anymore. The big ones (POE and Divinity) are turn based and I just can't get into them.

Looking for a change of pace after a long Assassin's Creed binge...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:15 AM 03-28-2019
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I consider Red Dead II an RPG.
I have some good friends in my COTW group (it's a hunting simulator called TheHunter Call of the Wild) that have played RDRII.

Mind you, we all play a hunting simulator. Where you have to use scents and army crawl through brush. Shooting a single animal can take an hour. It's SLOW.

And they said RDRII is even more of a slog than THAT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 04-08-2019
So it turns out that after about 15 hours with Dragon Age Inquisition, I'm actually enjoying the party-based, pause-and-click combat.

I guess I'm going to have to check out Divinity and Path of Exile after all.
[Reply]
hometeam 07:31 PM 04-08-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So it turns out that after about 15 hours with Dragon Age Inquisition, I'm actually enjoying the party-based, pause-and-click combat.

I guess I'm going to have to check out Divinity and Path of Exile after all.
Divinity is somewhat similar, path of exile is like diablo.

If you like that sort of combat, you might enjoy all of the newish Baldurs Gate inspired games - Pillars of eternity 1 and 2 and Tyranny. Between all of these games you should have a whole summer full~
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:57 PM 04-09-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Divinity is somewhat similar, path of exile is like diablo.

If you like that sort of combat, you might enjoy all of the newish Baldurs Gate inspired games - Pillars of eternity 1 and 2 and Tyranny. Between all of these games you should have a whole summer full~
I've played Poe many times but it just never grabs me, I guess it was kind of ruined for me when it released half cheesy with bad graphics and bad level design. I know it's gotten better but it still doesn't grab me despite the cool socketing system. Still waiting for the online Torchlight experience.

Anyone remember the SSI Dungeons and Dragons games from the 1990's? I loved those things even though today they would be considered cheesy as can be the turn based combat was really fun.

[Reply]
Fishpicker 07:17 AM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I've played Poe many times but it just never grabs me, I guess it was kind of ruined for me when it released half cheesy with bad graphics and bad level design. I know it's gotten better but it still doesn't grab me despite the cool socketing system. Still waiting for the online Torchlight experience.

Anyone remember the SSI Dungeons and Dragons games from the 1990's? I loved those things even though today they would be considered cheesy as can be the turn based combat was really fun.

yeah, I played a few of those.

I remember really liking eye of the beholder though I could'nt beat it

[Reply]
NewChief 08:03 AM 04-10-2019
Back in my day, we played Ultima IV, and we liked it!
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:24 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Back in my day, we played Ultima IV, and we liked it!
My initial addiction on RPG's came from playing Ultima III, I can still hear the music from my commodore 64 playing from that awesome game. :-)
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:27 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
yeah, I played a few of those.

I remember really liking eye of the beholder though I could'nt beat it
I definitely preferred Wizardry VII Crusaders of the Dark Savant to about anything else in those times. The series kind of died off but those were some fond memories.

[Reply]
htismaqe 01:53 PM 04-10-2019
My first CRPG...

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:48 PM 04-10-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
My first CRPG...

Remember Telengard? Evets?

I played apple II games on a buddies computer but never owned one sadly. I remember Aztec, Hard Hat Mack and the ORIGINAL Castle Wolfenstein on Apple II back then but not any RPG's.
[Reply]
Fishpicker 03:11 PM 04-10-2019
https://www.old-games.com/
[Reply]
NewChief 07:04 AM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
Remember Telengard? Evets?

I played apple II games on a buddies computer but never owned one sadly. I remember Aztec, Hard Hat Mack and the ORIGINAL Castle Wolfenstein on Apple II back then but not any RPG's.
Oh man. Telengard. I forgot about that game.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:00 PM 04-11-2019
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Oh man. Telengard. I forgot about that game.
Someone remade a version that works in Windows 10 if you're still interested. I remember hacking it on the commodore 64. You could actually tear apart the code and put your own monsters/spells/etc into it.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up