ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Media Center>A New Season of Arrested Development?!
Tribal Warfare 11:38 PM 10-08-2011
Netflix And Showtime Eye Potential New ‘Arrested Development’ Limited Series
Arrested Development creator Mitch Hurtwitz dropped another bombshell today, telling a panel at The New Yorker Festival that he plans to bring the Emmy-winning series back to television for a limited 9-10 episode run before proceeding with the long-gestating Arrested Development movie. He didn’t specify where the potential series would air as it doesn’t necessarily have to run on Fox, which carried the mothership series. I hear that 20th Century Fox TV, which co-produced Arrested Development with Imagine TV, has had talks with Netflix, which has been on the hunt for original programming, and Showtime, whose new entertainment president David Nevins shepherded Arrested Development when he ran Imagine TV and served as an executive producer on the cult series. 20th TV declined comment.

According to attendees at the panel, where Hurwitz was joined by series stars Will Arnett, Jason Bateman, Portia de Rossi, Michael Cera, Tony Hale, Jeffrey Tambor, David Cross, Alia Shawkat and Jessica Walter, Hurwitz laid out his plan to have each installment focus on a different member of the Bluth clan. Bateman later weighed in on the announcement on Twitter. “It’s true,” he wrote. “We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early ’13. VERY excited!” That would mean launching the follow-up limited series on the 10th anniversary of the original, which premiered in 2003 and ran on Fox for 3 seasons.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:29 PM 05-29-2018
Season 5 has dropped.

Line of the first episode.

But George Sr soon realized that his impression of a woman wasn't going to win him any awards. . .
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:35 PM 05-29-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Season 5 has dropped.

Line of the first episode.

But George Sr soon realized that his impression of a woman wasn't going to win him any awards. . .
season 4 had a good transparent arc.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04-17-2019, 10:03 AM
This message has been deleted by Tribal Warfare.
Tribal Warfare 10:09 AM 04-17-2019
Finished the last season, disappointed in the finality with the Maeby and George-Michael relationship with her being revealed as George-Michael's Aunt. I was really hoping that they were going to bang it out and end up as a really twisted couple. (IRL Alia Shawkat came out as a bisexual and I assume she didn't want to be sexualized as straight)The Rebel Alley story arch was lame between Bateman and Cera vying for her attention.It would've been much better if Michael Cera wasn't phoning it in because it felt like he was only doing it to get paid.

Come on! As always Arnett stole the show with his whimsical manner.

I really thought Buster was going to get his ass handed to him by Terry Cruz even with his "Robo" hand. As the center of the main narrative Tony Hale did excellent job of holding his own which I did enjoy Lucille being killed off.

Lindsey was just there without an intriguing storyline.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:22 AM 04-17-2019
Watched a couple S5 episodes.

It’s not aging well. I’ll remember the first 3 brilliant seasons fondly.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:27 AM 04-17-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Watched a couple S5 episodes.

It’s not aging well. I’ll remember the first 3 brilliant seasons fondly.
The pacing is pretty shitty with less "action"
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up