« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Eddie Van Halen has Died
chinaski 01:42 PM 10-06-2020
Breaking Now

:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 08:00 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Fantastic. A trip to Knuckleheads for a pic of the wall is on my next KC todo list. Didn't know that was your work.
cool let me know when you make it up
[Reply]
eDave 08:08 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
cool let me know when you make it up
Let me know when it's done (assuming you are adding him to the wall).
[Reply]
stevieray 08:08 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Let me know when it's done.
deal
[Reply]
chinaski 08:14 PM 10-06-2020
I know there has been some mud thrown in this thread regarding the personal character of Eddie, most notably by Dane, and quite frankly, I'm actually glad he did it. Not sure exactly what you do Dane, but you obviously have some insider information, and I'm cool with that. I knew the guy was kind of a dick. But pointing it out makes for an introspective look at an idealized/idolized person that most people have a lot of respect for, but don't know personally. I actually appreciate it.

I have a few friends that are professional musicians that have/had/do play with high profile acts. Out of respect for them, I won't mention any names, but I have heard stories as well.

One in particular that is notorious for being a total cock, but in actuality is OK once you get to know him. Not saying who it is, but he's a legend himself.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:23 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Spott:
Summer of 88 with Metallica and Kingdom Come?
Year sounds right but yes Kingdom Come, Dokken, Metallica, and the Scorpions.
[Reply]
Dartgod 08:34 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by KC Dan:
RIP Eddie. Thanks for making my teenage years memorable. I also remember the first time I heard Eruption.
2020 has truly sucked post February and now its even worse. I have seen all three iterations of Van Halen multiple times and the one constant was the incredible sound coming from Eddie's guitar. At least we still have his music.
But there was that one show you missed.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:34 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Beethoven Van Mozart
Here's a picture of Eddie and Derek after the recording session.

[Reply]
KC Dan 08:37 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
But there was that one show you missed.

Ughhh, yes, I remember
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:37 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by chinaski:
I know there has been some mud thrown in this thread regarding the personal character of Eddie, most notably by Dane, and quite frankly, I'm actually glad he did it. Not sure exactly what you do Dane, but you obviously have some insider information, and I'm cool with that
It's not really "mud" per se, it's just personal stories that I've either experienced or heard first hand from the participants.

And to be honest, I have so many more stories that are so unflattering that I'd never share them publicly.

It's just a shame that he couldn't stay sober because the world was essentially robbed of his greatness by that disease but unfortunately, these things happen when your Dad starts serving you hard alcohol and cigarettes at age six .
[Reply]
ModSocks 08:39 PM 10-06-2020
Alright, so what's THE Van Halen album to listen to?

I'm high AF and ready to be taken back in time.
[Reply]
backinblack 08:40 PM 10-06-2020
VH 1
[Reply]
eDave 08:42 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Alright, so what's THE Van Halen album to listen to?

I'm high AF and ready to be taken back in time.
If I were in your position, I'd give Fair Warning a spin. Vinyl.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:43 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Here's a picture of Eddie and Derek after the recording session.

Intimate insider stuff, very cool

Thanks for sharing with us
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 08:43 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Year sounds right but yes Kingdom Come, Dokken, Metallica, and the Scorpions.
I’m glad I atleast got to see Metallica while the ghost of Cliff still lingered.

That show had a massive trash fight that blotted out the sun.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 08:44 PM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's not really "mud" per se, it's just personal stories that I've either experienced or heard first hand from the participants.

And to be honest, I have so many more stories that are so unflattering that I'd never share them publicly.

It's just a shame that he couldn't stay sober because the world was essentially robbed of his greatness by that disease but unfortunately, these things happen when your Dad starts serving you hard alcohol and cigarettes at age six .
I love music and appreciate your stories and knowledge.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 31
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up