ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Britt Reid Charged With DWI
Sassy Squatch 11:50 AM 04-12-2021

#BREAKING Former Chiefs outside linebackers coach Britt Reid charged with DWI in February crash that critically injured 5-year-old Ariel.

D-level felony, punishable by up to 7 years in prison.@41actionnews https://t.co/PVKqps8PPE

— Dia Wall (@DiaWall) April 12, 2021

[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:13 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll:
But if I’m the injured child’s lawyer, is there any reason not to kick the tires on a potential lawsuit against the Chiefs alleging negligent supervision of an employee who was getting hammered on the job and then caused life-altering injuries to a little kid? The more deep-pocketed defendants you can sue, the better, and if the kid’s family isn’t happy with the initial settlement offers (which should fairly be contemplating payment of a ****ton of money), the discovery process could get brutal for the Chiefs.

Total shitstorm of a situation for the organization.
Exactly my point. They should have cut bait with Andy in Feb and hired Eric. Get Britt Reid news out of the organization. His kid has brain damaged a child for life for gods sake. That won't go away anytime soon and will only come up over and over again every time the Chiefs name comes up.
[Reply]
redfan 02:13 PM 04-13-2021
You’ve really done it this time, Britt!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:21 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Exactly my point. They should have cut bait with Andy in Feb and hired Eric. Get Britt Reid news out of the organization. His kid has brain damaged a child for life for gods sake. That won't go away anytime soon and will only come up over and over again every time the Chiefs name comes up.
If it were a business other than sports, that would have been a very real probability.

But since very few other people in the world can do what Andy Reid does and have success, it’s not realistic. Unless it comes out that Andy bought Britt the liquor for him and got Britt
Tanked up.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:22 PM 04-13-2021
One way or another the Chiefs are going to pay this girl's family a ton of money. If there is a lawsuit it will probably never be public. I assume the Chiefs are going to offer a lump sum in exchange for an agreement not to sue.
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:39 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
If it were a business other than sports, that would have been a very real probability.

What?

I mean, if you're John Wayne Gacy Sr. and you work for Barnum and Bailey, yeah you might want to start hitting up LinkedIn, but for 99% of the jobs in the world your kid getting into trouble isn't going to get you fired.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:42 PM 04-13-2021
This is an HR shitfest for the Chiefs...

Knowingly hiring/employing someone who would have failed a routine pre-hiring background check, not adhering to nepotism rules and potentially allowing generous (to put it mildly) consumption of alcoholic beverages in their work environment.
[Reply]
Mennonite 02:45 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
This is an HR shitfest for the Chiefs...

Knowingly hiring/employing someone who would have failed a routine pre-hiring background check, not adhering to nepotism rules and potentially allowing generous (to put it mildly) consumption of alcoholic beverages in their work environment.

Nobody gives a shit except for dumb rival fans who will say "I'm glad MY team has class" and reporters who want to blame the accident on Britt Reid doing the tomahawk chop while driving.

The owner of the Colts is a junkie. Big Ben is a rapist. John Elway is an upside down centaur. Nobody really gives a fuck.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 02:45 PM 04-13-2021
Knock off 2 years for not resisting arrest, wow.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:47 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Nobody gives a shit except for dumb rival fans who will say "I'm glad MY team has class" and reporters who want to blame the accident on Britt Reid doing the tomahawk chop while driving.
The judge/jury in a potential lawsuit against the Chiefs might give a shit.
[Reply]
Otter 03:07 PM 04-13-2021
How does this dumbass driving drunk tie to the Chiefs organization? If I work for WalMart and get into a DWI accident on my off time can you sue WalMart? I'm guessing the Chiefs have a formidable legal team to boot.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 03:08 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
First, stop reading Yahoo sports.

Second look at the picture and then look at the map, see the outer road curve up? That’s Winchester Road where it ends and changes to Coal Mine Rd. The interstate and the ramp merge RIGHT there.

Can anyone confirm if these cars were just feet from being on the interstate before they were hit and if the Traverse was pushed onto it or could the transverse been backing up to the stalled car. Why would you be so far in front of the stalled car that you had been summoned to?

Has anyone checked the computer in the traverse?

I cast doubt, but the facts don’t lie and Reid was drunk, three hours later to give a BAC of .113 when it goes down about .05 every hour after you stop drinking puts him much higher than a .113 IMHO. We can’t all be Dr.Johnny Fever or WKRP.
the .113 was the calculation used for his BAC 30 minutes before the crash, my guess it was negligible when they were finally able to draw blood, probably around .04 or so... and somewhere in between at the time of crash. Dumb Dumb decision to drive and it looks as though the girl is getting better everyday, thank God.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:20 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
How does this dumbass driving drunk tie to the Chiefs organization? If I work for WalMart and get into a DWI accident on my off time can you sue WalMart? I'm guessing the Chiefs have a formidable legal team to boot.
This isn't a guy that worked at Walmart. This was a coach and the son of the HC. Legal team my fucking ass. One our coaches destroyed a child's life while drunk and high on pills.

Belcher? Ring a bell? Did any coach survive that shit? GM? No. You cut bait and get that shit away from the team and handle it privately.
[Reply]
Otter 03:24 PM 04-13-2021
This isn't a guy that worked at Walmart. This was a coach and the son of the HC. Legal team my fucking ass. One our coaches destroyed a child's life while drunk and high on pills.

Belcher? Ring a bell? Did any coach survive that shit? GM? No. You cut bait and get that shit away from the team and handle it privately.
I'm all for holding him responsible, sticking his ass in a prison cell, and taking away every cent he owns. If I worked for you would you like to be held responsible for my actions when I'm off the clock? How is this the Chiefs fault?

Fuck you.
[Reply]
Otter 03:34 PM 04-13-2021

One happening inside Arrowhead the other happening on an off ramp on a public highway may be a consideration.

Chiefs ain't paying shit. Britt is but not the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Otter 03:38 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
One way or another the Chiefs are going to pay this girl's family a ton of money. If there is a lawsuit it will probably never be public. I assume the Chiefs are going to offer a lump sum in exchange for an agreement not to sue.
You're a fucking lying, welching, moron. Bring more lapdogs in to fight for you pussy.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up