ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Britt Reid Charged With DWI
Sassy Squatch 11:50 AM 04-12-2021

#BREAKING Former Chiefs outside linebackers coach Britt Reid charged with DWI in February crash that critically injured 5-year-old Ariel.

D-level felony, punishable by up to 7 years in prison.@41actionnews https://t.co/PVKqps8PPE

— Dia Wall (@DiaWall) April 12, 2021

[Reply]
Flying High D 09:25 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
This motherfucker hit the first car at damn near 84 mph and then traveled 231 feet (almost 80 yards and slammed into the Traverse and had only slowed down to 68 mph). How the fuck does he not slam on his brakes after the first impact?
He was drunk.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:29 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
How the **** does he not slam on his brakes after the first impact?
Because he was drunk as f*ck
[Reply]
scho63 09:41 PM 04-12-2021
Its an absolutely horrible mistake one adult human made and just like many very bad decisions all of us have made in life, this one tragically affected many more people than just the culprit.

You can never take back or correct this kind of poor decision. Just like if you had pulled the trigger of a gun in anger. Once the bullet leaves the chamber, the result is permanent.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:19 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yeah I meant on ramp. Been awhile since I have gone that way so what is the speed limit on that on ramp?
When I google mapped it there were none posted, I think metro interstates are maxed in town at 60 MPH with some areas posted at 55 but I’m not sure what it is. I do know that entrance ramps are same as highway unless marked.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:34 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I'm guessing they used his Blood sample that was drawn at the hospital, an hour or so after the crash and then calculated what his level was by the standards established for alcohol to metabolize. It is strange they would use 30 minutes before the crash as their guidelines, unless there is evidence he was driving 30 minutes before the crash. As I said before, if he was impaired more than a couple of beers and well under the limit, they guy should get what he deserves. However, if he was sober or at a really low level, he would most likely not be at fault based on the police report.
I agree and the assault charge will be hard to make stick, but you have to charge him for it due to the severity of injuries.23 MPH over speed limit in poor lighting does allow for the careless to stick. Failure to slow or stop is a factor in the careless charge too.

But he was well over the limit and when they map out the mileage from crash site to the Chiefs parking lot the Chiefs umbrella policy will be maxed out. So much for Airport Dodge and Fiat-Chrysler too.

Anyone ever studied up on Kansas Homestead Act?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:13 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
A dumbass reporter wants the Chiefs to be held responsible legally and with the NFL.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/where-w...210840236.html
First, stop reading Yahoo sports.

Second look at the picture and then look at the map, see the outer road curve up? That’s Winchester Road where it ends and changes to Coal Mine Rd. The interstate and the ramp merge RIGHT there.

Can anyone confirm if these cars were just feet from being on the interstate before they were hit and if the Traverse was pushed onto it or could the transverse been backing up to the stalled car. Why would you be so far in front of the stalled car that you had been summoned to?

Has anyone checked the computer in the traverse?

I cast doubt, but the facts don’t lie and Reid was drunk, three hours later to give a BAC of .113 when it goes down about .05 every hour after you stop drinking puts him much higher than a .113 IMHO. We can’t all be Dr.Johnny Fever or WKRP.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 05:21 AM 04-13-2021
A dumbass reporter wants the Chiefs to be held responsible legally and with the NFL.

He got drunk at work and then was allowed to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle and drive away. I'm afraid the Chiefs have a responsibility in this event in the eyes of the law.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:34 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Britt Reid charged with DWI in crash that injured 5-year-old girl. Prosecutors allege that Reid had a BAC of .113 roughly 30 minutes before the crash. He was driving over 83 mph when his vehicle slammed into the other vehicles
83 on an off ramp?

:-)
[Reply]
Bugeater 06:20 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
He got drunk at work and then was allowed to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle and drive away. I'm afraid the Chiefs have a responsibility in this event in the eyes of the law.
You're a dumbass.
[Reply]
tmax63 06:35 AM 04-13-2021
I cast doubt, but the facts don’t lie and Reid was drunk, three hours later to give a BAC of .113 when it goes down about .05 every hour after you stop drinking puts him much higher than a .113 IMHO. We can’t all be Dr.Johnny Fever or WKRP.[/QUOTE]

I'm not defending BR but I think you are confused on this. The authorities estimated his BAC at 0.113 thirty minutes before the crash from a BAC done at the hospital. That means his actual BAC at the hospital was probably a 0.04-0.06. Like a lot of alcoholics and people who drink regularly, 3 beers in an hour and they probably didn't feel buzzed at all yet. And the others here are right, although he probably didn't feel impaired, his judgement and reaction time was definitely affected.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 06:47 AM 04-13-2021

USA Today has a similar article posted today. Didn't look to see if might be the same reporter.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:48 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
Is there a possibility that the Chiefs had covered up his drinking on the job?

Maybe try to play dumb, like nobody knew he was doing it?

Somebody had to have known.....
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:52 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Is there a possibility that the Chiefs had covered up his drinking on the job?

Maybe try to play dumb, like nobody knew he was doing it?

Somebody had to have known.....
Well, they’re certainly gonna cover it up now.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 06:57 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
You're a dumbass.
We'll see what the courts have to say but I know that the place where a person does their drinking is responsible for the actions of the employee or patron. Calling me a dumbass only shows how clueless you are.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:22 AM 04-13-2021
They should have smelled it on his breath as they were patting him down for stolen pens or paperclips.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 18
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up