ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Up close with Lucas Niang workouts with Bx Movement
Chiefshrink 03:08 PM 04-10-2021
For as much grief as I have given this kid for taking the C-19 out, glad he has at least been working on o-line techniques.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:57 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
and I'm sure Veach, Reid, and Heck had absolutely no contact or input into his training whatsoever.

You know, for a bunch of people who are willing to believe any conspiracy theory at all you're pretty naive when it comes to spotting a very obvious plan.
To be fair, though, srvy is really ****ing stupid.
[Reply]
srvy 03:03 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
To be fair, though, srvy is really ****ing stupid.
Not as stupid as your love affair with Austin Reiter. I guess your new blowie is gonna be Niang.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:40 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Just reminds me more of a Brian Waters body type instead of a longer frame like Mitch or Fish. Seems a little clunky getting out of his stance. He is going to have to be quicker to handle the speed rushers we will face this year.

Brian Waters:
6-2
32 inch arm

Lucas Niang
6-6
34.25 inch arms

Eric Fisher
6-7
34.5 inch arms

Mitchell Schwartz
6-5
33.5 inch arms

In terms of height/length, Niang is a LOT closer to Eric Fisher than Waters.

He just has a thickly-built torso, which hides some of his height/length in the eye test.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:00 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Brian Waters:
6-2
32 inch arm

Lucas Niang
6-6
34.25 inch arms

Eric Fisher
6-7
34.5 inch arms

Mitchell Schwartz
6-5
33.5 inch arms

In terms of height/length, Niang is a LOT closer to Eric Fisher than Waters.

He just has a thickly-built torso, which hides some of his height/length in the eye test.
This is some quality info. HE WILL BE OUR LEFT TACKLE
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:05 AM 04-12-2021
I think Niang will be our swing tackle.

I still think the Chiefs are planning on moving that 1st round pick for a quality, proven starter. Remmers or Long will start at RT.

My prediction for the starting 2021 OL:

LT: Brown/Tunsil/Some other young Vet LT (trade)
LG: Thuney
C: Blythe
RG: LDT
RT: Long

Swing T: Niang/Remmers
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:04 PM 04-12-2021
Am I the only one who's bleh on a Tunsil trade?

He wasn't the greatest last year. Nobody was on that Texans team, but he was kind of a big disappointment for that team considering what they spent on his contract and how costly that future 1st round pick ended up becoming.

I know beggars can't be choosers, but I'd rather take a chance on a rookie, and if he pans out, we'd have a decent starter with 5 cost-controlled years. Instead of Tunsil on a Trent Williams-type deal and we have to give up our 1st round pick. Yes, that rookie will also cost us our 1st rounder (plus extra if we have to trade up) but at least if he's a bust, we have cap resources to fix the problem next year. If we trade for Tunsil and he plays like last year? Effff.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 02:17 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think Niang will be our swing tackle.

I still think the Chiefs are planning on moving that 1st round pick for a quality, proven starter. Remmers or Long will start at RT.

My prediction for the starting 2021 OL:

LT: Brown/Tunsil/Some other young Vet LT (trade)
LG: Thuney
C: Blythe
RG: LDT
RT: Long

Swing T: Niang/Remmers
I dont think they trade for brown or tunsil personally. And i think if Niang is healthy theres no way Remmers beats him out.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:29 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
Not as stupid as your love affair with Austin Reiter. I guess your new blowie is gonna be Niang.
Reiter was a good center. If the Chiefs found another guy to do the job, that works as well. I'm not going to blindly shit on a guy for playing well, though. If that's what you consider a "love affair", so be it.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 03:08 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Reiter was a good center. If the Chiefs found another guy to do the job, that works as well. I'm not going to blindly shit on a guy for playing well, though. If that's what you consider a "love affair", so be it.
Don’t you think Reiter still being a FA might be because he isn’t that good? Sure there are other players many of us have been clamoring for like Okung who are still free agents, but that’s mostly because they have had injury issues. Reiter has been pretty healthy and is still sitting on the market. You’d think someone would have grabbed him by now if he was valued as a quality starting center.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:56 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Don’t you think Reiter still being a FA might be because he isn’t that good? Sure there are other players many of us have been clamoring for like Okung who are still free agents, but that’s mostly because they have had injury issues. Reiter has been pretty healthy and is still sitting on the market. You’d think someone would have grabbed him by now if he was valued as a quality starting center.
I'm guessing he's asking for too much money.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:56 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
That is the stance of a right tackle
First thing I noticed while watching the tape.

1st step is the right leg and it's pushing deep. Evidently, the Chiefs told him to work on RT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:03 AM 04-13-2021
Bust!
[Reply]
Hoover 10:47 AM 04-13-2021
I don't understand why everyone thinks Niang is nothing more than depth at this point.

If he has a good camp, there is no way they are going to reserve him to be a swing tackle. Niang is part of the long term future for the Chiefs, they are not going to have him on the bench over two dudes on 1 year contracts.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:51 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I don't understand why everyone thinks Niang is nothing more than depth at this point.

If he has a good camp, there is no way they are going to reserve him to be a swing tackle. Niang is part of the long term future for the Chiefs, they are not going to have him on the bench over two dudes on 1 year contracts.
3rd round tackles can't be starters.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:49 PM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
3rd round tackles can't be starters.
stop crying :-)

What is the difference between someone who assumes every player is going to be awesome and someone who assumes they are going to bust?

If Niang is really that good then he cost us a Super Bowl when he opted out.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up