ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you own an Electric car or plan to buy one
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:14 PM 02-17-2021
I plan to get one in the future, what are your plans?

If so what are your pluses or minuses ?
[Reply]
R Clark 01:47 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The whole idea of the Harley is stupid. It's so loud and they jack the handle bars way up. Looks like just a terribly uncomfortable way to ride a motorcycle and they are ****ing annoying. I hate them.
Not that it matters but are you by chance homosexual?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:56 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Not that it matters but are you by chance homosexual?
Oh wow, you got me good. That was a great 1997 put down. I'm pure hetero. And no I don't want to take you out for a date at the Cracker Barrel.
[Reply]
R Clark 02:15 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Oh wow, you got me good. That was a great 1997 put down. I'm pure hetero. And no I don't want to take you out for a date at the Cracker Barrel.
Damn the bad luck
[Reply]
jd1020 02:22 PM 02-23-2021
Nope. Not against it, but they are just too damn expensive right now. Even hybrids take like 10 years to get your money back over just buying the straight gas model.

When they start getting more reasonably priced and more advanced with charging I'll probably get something.
[Reply]
jd1020 02:26 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
A lot of people have that attitude about Harley. Me, I want them to be successful. Harley is a great American Mo.Co. In the past they have been very innovative and in my opinion they need to be privately held so Wall Street doesn't make the decisions based on previous success. The reality is that the market age group for the big Harleys is dying out. Todays youth doesn't want a big bagger all chromed out, they want options. Plus Harley makes such good machines they last forever, so no reason to purchase a new one.
They need to adapt, hence the Livewire makes great sense.
I'm pulling for them. We need an American based Motorcycle Company.
Livewire makes sense until you see what price they start at. Could buy 3 brand new Japanese bikes or get 1 electric Harley. Tough decision for the young crowd. And there's no way the older crowd is going to trade in their hog for a vacuum cleaner on wheels.
[Reply]
Kopinto 02:46 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by jd1120:
Nope. Not against it, but they are just too damn expensive right now. Even hybrids take like 10 years to get your money back over just buying the straight gas model.

When they start getting more reasonably priced and more advanced with charging I'll probably get some via these guys.
I was rather sceptical about electric cars mostly because of their range. 500 km is too little in my opinion thus you are constantly thinking about near chargers. But not long ago Tesla announced Tesla Model S Plaid+ version with 856 km range and 1.99s acceleration. To my mind these specs are sort of a game changer. I believe that in the foreseeable future we will witness 1000+ km range.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:09 PM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Kopinto:
I was rather sceptical about electric cars mostly because of their range. 500 km is too little in my opinion thus you are constantly thinking about near chargers. But not long ago Tesla announced Tesla Model S Plaid+ version with 856 km range and 1.99s acceleration. To my mind these specs are sort of a game changer. I believe that in the foreseeable future we will witness 1000+ km range.
Then plug it in and let someone else pay for the electricity
[Reply]
DaFace 03:31 PM 04-24-2021
Well, yeah. That's a $120k car.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:08 PM 04-24-2021
Kilometers? That’s silly talk. What’s that convert to in the-country-currently-flying-drones-on-Mars units?
[Reply]
stevieray 10:14 PM 04-24-2021
In other news, at a car show today, I saw a MINT 1969 El Camino with a 454 BB and stock four on the floor.

:-)
[Reply]
Cntrygal 02:37 PM 04-25-2021
No and no.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:45 PM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
No and no.
This is the correct answer

[Reply]
sd4chiefs 12:37 PM 04-26-2021
My Wife and I are looking into going EV because our 9 year old BMW is starting to need a lot of expensive repairs. A lot of car manufacturers are coming out with their own cars to compete with Tesla this year and next. I really like the Audi E-tron GT. It is Porsche Taycan with a Audi A7 type body and it cost about the same as a high end Tesla model S if you get the lower end GT model. The range sucks but you can recharge the battery to 80% in about 20 minutes if you can find the right charging port. It is getting great reviews and (sorry Tesla fans) but Tesla has been around for so long they seem kind of boring to me. Yes, its crazy expensive but life has been good for us.

[Reply]
DaFace 04:37 PM 05-19-2021
Anyone interested enough to catch the F150 "Lightning" reveal tonight?

I probably won't catch it live, but I'm very interested to see the price points and range.
[Reply]
notorious 08:14 PM 05-19-2021
300 miles, 54k.

They are getting closer, but I still can't touch one yet.

If they get to 4-500 mile range and faster charging I'm in.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 19
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up