ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 28
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
BlackOp 04:15 PM 02-11-2021
Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:30 PM 02-11-2021
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336922

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City cornerbacks will have to worry in this game about penalties, in particular pass interference. Defenses were flagged 23 times for pass interference on Brady throws this year, a record total in our database that goes back 35 years. Brady and the Bucs got 395 free yards out of DPI penalties. Kansas City was fifth in DPI penalties during the season, 15 total including four each for Breeland and Ward.
As I posted the night of the SB, it was a NFL record this year for him in terms of DPIs benefited from. Now obviously his entire career is ref-aided, but that was particularly the case this season.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:33 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
There are about 10,000 pictures of her that look better than that! A lot of beautiful women without a little makeup on do not look as beautiful in photos but they often do in the real world.

Her looks are way above average. She is beautiful for any height. Are there hundreds of more beautiful women that have been in the modeling field in the last 50 years. I would bet from my subjective view that there are given the amount of beautiful people that have gone into the field. I would need to go through a ton of pictures and kind of impossible to do.

But one thing I do know from a few people I am related to being asked to be models is the best female modes are not necessarily the best looking people to the average guy. That is almost immaterial for the line of work she has done.

The modeling is often geared more towards women since they buy the products and the magazines.

And for various reasons, tall female models usually excel and shorter women have a much tougher time. She is 5"11 and very few women are that height. Beautiful but sophisticated looks really helps. And then your personality/brains are actually pretty important and Gisele appears to do really well there. Do women really want to be buying fashion magazines with someone they think is an airhead on the cover?
I dated a professional model for 3 years. I have a pretty solid bead on how that industry works.

You are correct that when all you deal with is the top .05% in genetic beauty...they tend to look for models that have unique attributes. Everyone is pretty in that world.. Giselle isn't even that unique looking in comparison...there are some truly striking women out there. 5' 11" isn't unique either...

This is more about her being a witch and making nearly a half-billion on a pretty unremarkable face. There could be 10,000 girls out there being her...but SHE is the one. There is more going on there...wouldn't even be remotely surprised if she is tied in with the Mothers of Darkness.
[Reply]
Joe 09:47 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Look at the very top row..about 1/2 across. You'll see the beneficiary column.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty...2020&view=team
Thank you.

Ironically enough I found that site when looking before I asked, but didn't see that column:-)
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 09:53 PM 02-11-2021
Dude...you are a member of a cult.

You cant speak on the years of statistics because it it would be detrimental to your beliefs.

I've seen this in every Brady worshiper that has come on this site...built in rationalizations instead of being objective.

Brady will always be your hero...and anything that shines a negative light will be rejected and spun into excuses.

You are only posting here to convince yourself...everybody else knows you are full of shit.
Who do you think is the best quarterback of all time? Name your top 5?

No adult male younger than me is my hero/idol. I am willing to criticize Brady for some off the field stuff that I wouldn't do but I judge athletes on the field based upon their performances within context.

But I defend Brady since I find people denying his greatness at this point to just be in massive denial. It isn't good for their health. I may be off-put by some athletes but I can still accept their greatness and that they are incredible.

Yes, I can speak to statistics.

Brady's key stats.

230-69 in regular season.
34-11 in playoffs.
10 Super Bowl appearances, 7 wins and he will probably get #8 before he retires. Next highest quarterbacks have 4 Super Bowl wins. And when you win the Super Bowl, you need to play well enough to get there.

His teams in New England and Tampa won a lot less games before he arrived and New England won 5 less games than the previous year the two years they played without him(acl injury year and now this year).

Check out Bill Bellichick's record without Brady.
Check out the last time the Bucs made the playoffs before Brady.

It isn't all Brady but he is easily best quarterback in NFL history. For many years, he did more with less in terms of skill position players which allowed Patriots to spend more on special teams/defense.

Was Brady helped by having the end of his career overlap this era? Sure. But quarterbacks that came after him helped even more by the rule changes that overtime increasingly emphasize player safety.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:20 PM 02-11-2021
Two of the most difficult receivers in the league to cover (Kelce and hill) and they drew 4 DPIs the entire year?

Remember the raiders game where tyreek was tackled before the ball got there??

You would think the best receivers in the league draw the most DPIs.....

Evans is good, Godwin didn’t play most of the season, and Gronk runs a 5 second 40.

27-4 in DPIs just doesn’t add up (nor does the favoritism Brady gets in the playoffs).

I thought the jags playoff game was the worst I ever witnessed until sundays game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:21 PM 02-11-2021

No adult male younger than me is my hero/idol. I am willing to criticize Brady for some off the field stuff that I wouldn't do but I judge athletes on the field based upon their performances within context.

But I defend Brady since I find people denying his greatness at this point to just be in massive denial. It isn't good for their health. I may be off-put by some athletes but I can still accept their greatness and that they are incredible.

Brady's key stats.

34-11 in playoffs.
10 Super Bowl appearances, 7 wins and he will probably get #8 before he retires. Next highest quarterbacks have 4 Super Bowl wins. And when you win the Super Bowl, you need to play well enough to get there.

His teams in New England and Tampa won a lot less games before he arrived and New England won 5 less games than the previous year the two years they played without him(acl injury year and now this year).

It isn't all Brady but he is easily best quarterback in NFL history. For many years, he did more with less in terms of skill position players which allowed Patriots to spend more on special teams/defense.

Was Brady helped by having the end of his career overlap this era? Sure. But quarterbacks that came after him helped even more by the rule changes that overtime increasingly emphasize player safety.
Go away.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:28 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Two of the most difficult receivers in the league to cover (Kelce and hill) and they drew 4 DPIs the entire year?

Evans is good, Godwin didn’t play most of the season, and Gronk runs a 5 second 40.

27-4 in DPIs just doesn’t add up (nor does the favoritism Brady gets in the playoffs).

I thought the jags playoff game was the worst I ever witnessed until sundays game.

I try not to get too wrapped up in the officiating, but my god this is hard to ignore.

27-4. That’s just fucking insane.

We see Kelce get mugged almost constantly. Twice in the Super Bowl he was tackled before catching the ball. For whatever reason, we aren’t getting the calls.

Mahomes and Reid should be working those refs more and more. Who gives a fuck what opposing fans think? Sure it’s annoying, but apparently it works.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:45 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I try not to get too wrapped up in the officiating, but my god this is hard to ignore.

27-4. That’s just fucking insane.

We see Kelce get mugged almost constantly. Twice in the Super Bowl he was tackled before catching the ball. For whatever reason, we aren’t getting the calls.

Mahomes and Reid should be working those refs more and more. Who gives a fuck what opposing fans think? Sure it’s annoying, but apparently it works.
Kelce had 2 catches that nobody really made a big deal about because he caught them but David was all over him before the ball ever got there. Should have been automatic first downs in both cases.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:54 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Kelce had 2 catches that nobody really made a big deal about because he caught them but David was all over him before the ball ever got there. Should have been automatic first downs in both cases.
Exactly the plays that I’m referring to.

Our players need to cry for flags more. It’s annoying but this shit is out of control.

Kelce and Mahomes need to be losing their shit on plays like that. Lord knows Brady and Gronk would. They’d get the flag too.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:56 PM 02-11-2021
Here's the deal:

It's been a well established fact that the NFL Playoffs are officiated much more loosely than the regular season is.

Nobody wants to watch a flag fest determine the biggest games of the year, so the refs are instructed to only call "clear and obvious" penalties.

And then suddenly, in this particular game, the Chiefs get ambushed with the most first half penaties in SUPER BOWL HISTORY. Most of which not only were not "clear and obvious", but weren't even penalties at all. The referees essentially held Tom Brady's hand and led him down the field for two touchdown drives without Tom even having to break a sweat.

I don't know if the Chiefs win without the penalties (The O-Line may have done us in regardless), but what I do know is that either Cheffers' crew are the most incompetent officiating unit in league history, or somebody instructed them to make sure the Chiefs were flagged to kingdom come. Whether it was a miscalculated attempt to keep the game competitive, or just an outright rigging to ensure the Buccaneers won i'm not sure.

I REALLY don't want to believe the NFL is rigged, it's my favorite sports league in the world. But the evidence is right there in my face. I'd be a fool to ignore it......
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:59 PM 02-11-2021

Brady's key stats.

34-11 in playoffs.

Brady is not even CLOSE to the best quarterback in NFL history. Most "accomplished" thinks to a LOT of help? Sure.

Mahomes is already a better quarterback than Brady has ever been.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 11:00 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:

It is playing style and physical ability and QB accuracy and type of throws made that are the determining factor. Back in the 80's Steve Largent was a great possession receiver but I doubt he picked up many pass interference calls due to the nature of his game.

Godwin sometimes played banged up but he still played 12 out of the 16 regular season games this year.

Kelce tends to run fairly short to intermediate routes into zones so maybe some holding calls he gets but not many PI's make sense.

For an NFL receiver, Hill is fairly short with world class speed or damn close to it. Defenders after pressing him at the line are not exactly in great position to interfere with him. He is just too fast for the person covering him in press man to really interfere much on those crossing/deep routes and often has safety help.

And the accuracy/perceived accuracy of a quarterback and amount of passing attempts a team makes and where they go play heavily into it.

Cam Newton didn't receive many pass interference calls this year. Since he ran the ball a lot, Newton has below average accuracy down the field and Patriots receivers and tight ends were bottom 5 in the league. While I was rooting for Cam Newton this year, I don't think the lack of penalties for pass interference the Patriots received this year was anything sinister. Edelman older and out most of year. No established receivers/tight ends.

If Chiefs ever get a "Mike Evans type" with Patrick Mahomes, it is a great bet that he will get plenty of calls.

Chiefs entire offense is designed to get the ball to playmakers with space to operate.

Tampa Bays offense is designed very differently. Team certainly changed to more of a New England playbook for post season but thanks to Evans/Godwin Brady probably throwing the ball downfield the most in a decade.

I believe Bucs led the NFL in downfield throws/completions or were damn close to leading it.

I totally agree with any Chiefs fan who says T Hill > Mike Evans.

He is a better receiver but he just doesn't have as good of a game for getting pass interference calls.

Hill is sometimes getting so open that there is no defender near him to even interfere.
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:19 PM 02-11-2021
Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.
Look at the very top row..about 1/2 across. You'll see the beneficiary column.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/penalty...2020&view=team
so based on that website it was actually 30 PI flags as 3 were dismissed (probably completed the pass but refs made damn sure)
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:39 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:

It's been a well established fact that the NFL Playoffs are officiated much more loosely than the regular season is.
This will never change no matter how much light is shown on it..,

Like it or not...the NFL is in bed with Vegas. They have their mainstream bobble heads discussing point spreads now...this is a new development.

The flexibility to change how a game is called on any given week/game allows them to control the spread.

They created their own cable channel and filled it with apologists....company men. It's pretty brilliant...they can do all kinds of suspect shit and have former players whitewash it away..especially when they either completely ignore it..or all act in agreement. It's literally a page out of state sponsored news.

Like Simms said.."If they called the NFCCG like they called the SB...the Packers would have won".

The thing is they only changed up how it was called for the Chiefs....hence the record amount of penalties in SB history. Bucs were still aggressive with Kelce..

And like throughout his bullshit career...Brady benefited from these changes...it didn't affect his team at all. Brady is always on the winning side when it comes to suspect officiating.

I outlined his past 4 CCG/SBs...and it reflects this fact.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 11:43 PM 02-11-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Brady is not even CLOSE to the best quarterback in NFL history. Most "accomplished" thinks to a LOT of help? Sure.

Mahomes is already a better quarterback than Brady has ever been.
If Brady isn't close to best quarterback in NFL history, name 5 quarterbacks in NFL history better than him.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 28
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up