ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 28
« First < 162223242526 2728 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
BlackOp 04:15 PM 02-11-2021
Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.
[Reply]
GoForIt 01:06 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Darien25:
Having moved to Tampa at the end of 2019, I have had the displeasure of watching all the Bucs games this past season. Sure, the Bucs got hot at the end and went on a roll to mostly win it all but there were many games last year where they looked like complete ass and Brady looked 2015 Peyton Manning bad. After the regular season loss to the Chiefs last year, the Bucs were 7-5 and the local media were hammering on them thinking they probably would not make the playoffs. It was funny every week watching Arians and Brady squabble over failed plays and play calling. Brady was often just embarrassingly bad and looked like he should have retired years ago. Sure, the Bucs were the better team in the Super Bowl, but for the majority of last season, the Chiefs would have shankwhipped that Bucs super bowl team.
That is kind of the whole point of a football season though. You play 16 games and then the playoffs and in typical Brady fashion, his team turned on the juice starting in Dec and then rode it all the way to the chip.
[Reply]
Darien25 01:28 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
That is kind of the whole point of a football season though. You play 16 games and then the playoffs and in typical Brady fashion, his team turned on the juice starting in Dec and then rode it all the way to the chip.
Upon careful inspection of Brady's football expertise over the last few seasons, I have difficulty determining what has made him so successful during his advanced years. He doesn't have the physical skills or abilities that many other great quarterbacks possess and you won't see him take over a game and win it by himself very often. This past season, Tampa often won in spite of Tom Brady.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:52 PM 02-27-2021
That clearly didn't happen.

They played 3 playoff teams in November and lost to all of them. They played 4 non-playoff teams in December, including two last place teams three times, including having to come back from 24-7 against the Falcons.

They gave up 300 yards passing to a 3rd string QB and a team with a losing record in the first round of the playoffs. They didn't have a single TD drive against the Saints over 40 yards, and Brady threw three picks to the Packers.

There's some good analysis out there on how the Bucs were rolling out changes to their offense in the latter part of the season, with the screens and other ways to protect Brady, and how they weren't playing to that potential even in late November.

I know you're just a Pats or (based on your Cowherd level of analysis in this post) a Bills troll, but wanted to point out the irony.... the entire reason the Bucs won the SB was because they put so much effort over the course of weeks into hiding his weaknesses, as opposed to some magical Brady run into and throughout the playoffs.

And not here to argue his GOATness or whatever, but this point is very clearly made by watching the early dog fight before they started dumping it off for big gains.
[Reply]
GoForIt 02:09 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
That clearly didn't happen.

They played 3 playoff teams in November and lost to all of them. They played 4 non-playoff teams in December, including two last place teams three times, including having to come back from 24-7 against the Falcons.

They gave up 300 yards passing to a 3rd string QB and a team with a losing record in the first round of the playoffs. They didn't have a single TD drive against the Saints over 40 yards, and Brady threw three picks to the Packers.

There's some good analysis out there on how the Bucs were rolling out changes to their offense in the latter part of the season, with the screens and other ways to protect Brady, and how they weren't playing to that potential even in late November.

I know you're just a Pats or (based on your Cowherd level of analysis in this post) a Bills troll, but wanted to point out the irony.... the entire reason the Bucs won the SB was because they put so much effort over the course of weeks into hiding his weaknesses, as opposed to some magical Brady run into and throughout the playoffs.

And not here to argue his GOATness or whatever, but this point is very clearly made by watching the early dog fight before they started dumping it off for big gains.
I am a Bucs fan but also a Brady fan as well. I can't stand the Patriots but was always a fan of his.

Your analysis of the Bucs season and offense could not be more off-base. When Brady came, he had to learn the Arians system and terminology with no offseason or preseason. The first 4-5 games were like preseason games for him and the offense as he got up to speed. As he go more familiar with the offense and the skill players, they started to incorporate more of the plays he was best at executing in NE that are designed to get a ton of YAC after the catch. The biggest issue with the Bucs offense going back to last year with Winston is there were far too many vertical routes and not enough crossers or slants to make the defense defend the whole field. That is the element Brady incorporated and also why he wanted AB who is the best slot/route runner in the game. But of course AB came half way through the season which is why the offense was still clunky until the final few games when they caught fire and never cooled off, scoring 30 points or more in every single playoff game and SB which is an NFL record. The offense became the perfect combo of killer deep passers combined with Brady's precision short to intermediate passes. The Bucs/Brady led the league in both deep ball attempts (20 yards or more) and deep ball completions but incorporating the slants, crossers and screens with a stout run game led by Lenny made the offense unstoppable in the playoffs.

The defense was a different animal. The front 7 was downright beastly until Vea went out and then it had a tough time stopping the run and getting pressure on the QB. The secondary is also extremely young and inexperienced and was getting torched much of the season. Once Vea came back and the secondary gelled, the defense became elite right in time for the divisional round of the playoffs against a Saints team that had swept them. You note how the offense had all the short fields. That's because they forced Brees into 3 picks and also a fumble from their TE. Brady of course made them play for every single one, scoring 3 TDs off of them and just running out the clock on the 4th one. It was that game that made everyone sit up and take notice that Tampa was indeed the most complete team in the playoffs. Then of course they went into Lambeau and built a huge lead at the start of the second half and Rodgers tried to mount the comeback but it was too little too late. Most Bucs fan expected a blow out of KC. We knew how well our lines matched up with yours and how well Brady was playing. The game went pretty much as expected.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:10 PM 02-27-2021
:-)

Ballwasher.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:23 PM 02-27-2021
I am a Bucs fan but also a Brady fan as well. I can't stand the Patriots but was always a fan of his.

wall of text
Funny how all of these "Bucs fans" who have shown up are posting hundreds, if not a thousand+ miles from Tampa (and one from Canada!)... and on top of that are all in the same general vicinity of where, *shocked face*, Patriots fans would most likely live.

And I mean... zero have shown up from Florida in the past several weeks, much less Tampa... and only one within ~300 miles of Tampa.

But that's fine, a team that's notoriously known to have a lack of support in their own city or state that missed the playoffs in 15 of 17 seasons with no playoff wins in almost 20 years has a huge fanbase in the northeast that was widely unknown until 4 weeks ago! :-):-)

via GIPHY

[Reply]
GoForIt 03:40 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Funny how all of these "Bucs fans" who have shown up are posting hundreds, if not a thousand+ miles from Tampa (and one from Canada!)... and on top of that are all in the same general vicinity of where, *shocked face*, Patriots fans would most likely live.

And I mean... zero have shown up from Florida in the past several weeks, much less Tampa... and only one within ~300 miles of Tampa.

But that's fine, a team that's notoriously known to have a lack of support in their own city or state that missed the playoffs in 15 of 17 seasons with no playoff wins in almost 20 years has a huge fanbase in the northeast that was widely unknown until 4 weeks ago! :-):-)

via GIPHY

Well the weather is fantastic in Tampa. Lol
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:57 PM 02-27-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
This whole tantrum is about nothing.

Here's the real NFL conspiracy and it is backed with actual statistical proof.

https://silverandblacktoday.com/2020...iders-is-real/
Lmao, of course the Raiders retards using statistics from The Ethical Skeptic. That guy is a fucking retarded loon and doesn't make sense. He literally just makes stuff up and never shows sources.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:17 AM 02-28-2021
Well the weather is fantastic in Tampa. Lol
So you saying you live in Tampa??
[Reply]
Darien25 08:47 AM 02-28-2021
Has anyone ever seen or met a Bucs fan outside of Tampa? Even after winning the super bowl this year, I see very few people wearing Bucs jerseys/shirts or sporting any type of Bucs gear in the Tampa area. What do they have, a few thousand fans, including the cardboard cutouts? I see quite a bit of Lightning stuff around town but very little Rays or Bucs. Other than the Brady super lovers, where his jersey is sold on every street corner, I just don't think the makeup of this team draws in the casual fan because as a whole it just isn't a group of likeable guys that people want to root for and that includes the coaching staff too.
[Reply]
GoForIt 08:54 AM 02-28-2021
Has anyone ever seen or met a Bucs fan outside of Tampa? Even after winning the super bowl this year, I see very few people wearing Bucs jerseys/shirts or sporting any type of Bucs gear in the Tampa area. What do they have, a few thousand fans, including the cardboard cutouts? I see quite a bit of Lightning stuff around town but very little Rays or Bucs. Other than the Brady super lovers, where his jersey is sold on every street corner, I just don't think the makeup of this team draws in the casual fan because as a whole it just isn't a group of likeable guys that people want to root for and that includes the coaching staff too.
It is rather ironic. They have turned into title town this past year despite having fans that are really not all that passionate.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:58 AM 02-28-2021
get lives, buc fans.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 12:25 PM 02-28-2021
Having moved to Tampa at the end of 2019, I have had the displeasure of watching all the Bucs games this past season. Sure, the Bucs got hot at the end and went on a roll to mostly win it all but there were many games last year where they looked like complete ass and Brady looked 2015 Peyton Manning bad. After the regular season loss to the Chiefs last year, the Bucs were 7-5 and the local media were hammering on them thinking they probably would not make the playoffs. It was funny every week watching Arians and Brady squabble over failed plays and play calling. Brady was often just embarrassingly bad and looked like he should have retired years ago. Sure, the Bucs were the better team in the Super Bowl, but for the majority of last season, the Chiefs would have shankwhipped that Bucs super bowl team.
Outside of the 2nd Saints game where Brady threw 3 picks and 0 interceptions, Brady had 40 touchdowns on the regular season and 9 picks.

So 40 touchdowns and 12 picks including that Saints game.

If you want to look at Brady outside of the last 4 weeks of the season, he was 28 touchdowns and 11 picks. Not too bad given no real preseason to learn new playbook, the Bucs facing plenty of tough defenses this year especially during that stretch and the Bucs two leading receivers battling injuries all season long.

As noted Bucs had new qb and lots of injuries to Evans and Godwin during season. No Antonio Brown until halfway through season. Gronk rounding into football shape after missing a year. Despite all of this, Brady still played well with a few of his interceptions being on receivers not completing their routes. Even Arians admitted Mike Evans did the wrong thing in one early season INT after Arians initially blaming Brady but not correctly analyzing the defense which dictated where Evans was supposed to go.

It wasn't until late in the season that Arians decided to adjust more to what good defenses were doing. So sure Chiefs/Rams/Saints would have beaten Bucs more often than not during most of regular season but Bucs got better throughout the year. When Bucs were 7-5, they were much better than typical 7-5 team and the advanced stats showed that. Bucs only truly big win during the season was a big win over Green Bay but they came close in other games. Even the first week loss to Saints may have been a win if Bucs had real preseason but since they didn't, Saints had huge advantage that week.

But the Super Bowl wasn't a fluke. I am one of 2 people on this forum that predicted in the poll, Bucs by 8+ over the Chiefs. I thought they had a great chance to blow out the Chiefs and I was right.

Brady had only one truly bad game all season long...that doesn't mean every other game was at least very good but they weren't bad in context. His bad game was the 2nd game vs New Orleans. Most of the team including Brady didn't play well and as a result they got blown out 31-3. (The Bucs defense was really bad in that game so even if Brady played well, it would have still been a loss.) It was the first game of the year played by Antonio Brown and Brown getting a lot of playing time clearly hurt the Bucs in that game but helped them out later on in season.

As for the Bucs defense, they were good for the majority of the season but not as good at times due to injuries/inexperience.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 12:43 PM 02-28-2021
Super Bowl ratings in Tampa Bay market were 52.3.

In Kansas City, the rating was 59.9

So sure the Bucs have less fans than the Chiefs but they still have a decent fan base in terms of ticket sales given the lack of success of the team. Probably have averaged something like 55,000 fans in between there Super Bowl years and that isn't terrible considering how bad some of their teams have been.

The Bucs started off expansion franchise in 70's so from that perspective it is also understandable that they will have less fans throughout the country. If you moved out of the Tampa Bay region in 1985, you just may not have been brought up that much with the Bucs so easy to adopt a new team.

The other factor could be is the only people moving out of Tampa Bay may be favoring warm weather climates so less Bucs fans seen in those cold weather cities.
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 01:32 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
Super Bowl ratings in Tampa Bay market were 52.3.

In Kansas City, the rating was 59.9

So sure the Bucs have less fans than the Chiefs but they still have a decent fan base in terms of ticket sales given the lack of success of the team. Probably have averaged something like 55,000 fans in between there Super Bowl years and that isn't terrible considering how bad some of their teams have been.

The Bucs started off expansion franchise in 70's so from that perspective it is also understandable that they will have less fans throughout the country. If you moved out of the Tampa Bay region in 1985, you just may not have been brought up that much with the Bucs so easy to adopt a new team.

The other factor could be is the only people moving out of Tampa Bay may be favoring warm weather climates so less Bucs fans seen in those cold weather cities.
You're fucking R-worded
[Reply]
Page 26 of 28
« First < 162223242526 2728 >
Up