ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 28
« First < 142021222324 25262728 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
BlackOp 04:15 PM 02-11-2021
Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:29 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
What part of Tom Brady's game - I'm talking his skill set, and his ability - is better than prime Peyton Manning?
His arm. He's always had a better arm than Manning.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:33 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
That's so ****ing accurate. The three-peat and the 1997 flu game were a culmination of his greatness, and yes, those Bulls teams were STACKED with Pippen and Kukoc and Rodman and Longley...but for the majority of his Bulls career, it was Jordan and no one else, from the 80s into the mid 90s, easily a decade or more...

**** Tom Brady.
I wouldn't even say the best of those Bulls teams were stacked. Pippen was very good, primarily due to Jordan's presence. Rodman was a very good defender and rebounder who could barely make a layup. The rest were role players at best.
[Reply]
wachashi 03:43 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think that's highly debatable if you're talking "prime" vs "prime." Manning's prime was not with the Broncos.
[Reply]
GoForIt 03:48 PM 02-25-2021
What part of Tom Brady's game - I'm talking his skill set, and his ability - is better than prime Peyton Manning?
His arm.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 04:07 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
His arm.
Manning's arm was always far better, until his final season when he dropped off a cliff.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 04:20 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Eh. Peyton had a plus arm in his prime.

Neither of them had cannons.

Not much, IMO. Brady definitely did seem to fair better in big situations and also in the elements. So maybe like Brady's moxie or something was superior to Peyton's?

It's kind of hilarious because Manning retired in 2015. At the time it was a lot easier to make the Manning>Brady argument. Since Peyton's retired, Brady's gone to five more Super Bowls and won four of them lol

All things being equal, you give me the option of any QB in his prime to win one game, I'm taking Manning and Rodgers over Brady, but it'll be DAMNED difficult for any QB to match his resume.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 04:20 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Still so pissed off about the Tampa game.

Any time i think about football i rage inside about it.

:-)
Same here. In some of the most famous battles in history, the side that should have won easily ended up losing due to poor strategy, ignorance, and some ill timed luck. The offensive gameplan was not adequately prepared for this game. They underestimated how poor the line would be. Should have kept Remmers at RT where he at least looked competent half the season. The in-game adjustments also sucked.

As embarrassing as it is to get blown out, maybe it's better than losing a close game. Close losses hurt more as there's always so many plays you keep thinking back to which could have changed the outcome.

The only play I wish we could have back is for Williams to catch Mahomes' flying pass. Would have been cool to see.
[Reply]
GoForIt 05:06 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Eh. Peyton had a plus arm in his prime.

Neither of them had cannons.

Not much, IMO. Brady definitely did seem to fair better in big situations and also in the elements. So maybe like Brady's moxie or something was superior to Peyton's?

It's kind of hilarious because Manning retired in 2015. At the time it was a lot easier to make the Manning>Brady argument. Since Peyton's retired, Brady's gone to five more Super Bowls and won four of them lol

All things being equal, you give me the option of any QB in his prime to win one game, I'm taking Manning and Rodgers over Brady, but it'll be DAMNED difficult for any QB to match his resume.
Manning actually said this himself that what made Brady so great was that he played his best football in the biggest moments. Both were the best cerebral QBs to ever play the game. Complete command pre-snap and post-snap. Their battles were legendary as was their rivalry of being the best 2 QBs in the game for over a decade. In terms of ranking QBs post FA/Cap (1994 to present), Brady and Manning are 1 and 2 and everyone else is far behind IMO.
[Reply]
notorious 05:06 PM 02-25-2021
I can't believe there are really people out there defending this egregious penalty disparity.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 05:19 PM 02-25-2021
The Chiefs lost this Superbowl because:

'Rona had ****ed with a couple of their players the week before the SB. This resulted in the rest of the team not even being able to get a haircut before the game. That seems ridiculous, and by itself it ain't all of it, but it's a contributing factor. It's tough on the team's mentality, even if they didn't perceive it at the time.

Chiefs head coach's son who is also a coach gets into an accident that was his fault and puts a little girl in the hospital 3 days before the game. That's a mental blow for the whole damn team, let alone the coach, whose son is likely looking at prison time...at least that was the outlook at the time.

Chiefs don't get to go to Tampa and get settled in and have a usual week build up before the game. They flew in on Saturday FFS...stayed in a hotel sequestered from the world while the Bucs got to sleep in their own beds and practice in their own facility...which is where the damn SB was played. Advantage Bucs.

The Offensive line for the Chiefs...I don't need to labor the point. It consisted of a patchwork of guys playing out of position and backups were starters. I was foolish enough to think "Oh well, we have Mahomes". Well...we learned that day that for all of his awesomeness, Mahomes could not overcome being the only player who showed up for the Chiefs.

The game starts, the Chiefs defense performs well but the offense is struggling from the get go. Dropped passes, missed throws, no energy at all.

Then the second quarter starts and suddenly laundry is flying everywhere. All of it against the Chiefs defense, which enables the Bucs to have 3 or 4 drives extended after 3rd down stops. Never before in a Superbowl has their been such a ton of laundry against one team in one quarter. A dubious Superbowl record.

By half time, the Chiefs have lost the game. The defense's spirit is broken by the refs, the offensive game plan has completely removed any thought of running the ball, and the Bucs D just tee'd off on Mahomes, who played his ass off but all for naught. Dude was pressured a record 29 times and ran for 497 yards before throwing or being sacked. Who the **** overcomes that??

Chiefs also ****ed themselves with the timeouts and stupidity at the end of the half giving the Bucs another shot at a TD, which of course they succeeded in scoring. Bad coaching by a hall of fame coach who's head was obviously not in this game.

Brady threw for like 200 yards, and missed a TON of open guys. So much for Mr. Accurate and his "great arm".

Look, it was a perfect storm of shit for the Chiefs, and the Tompa Bay Gronkaneers were the beneficiaries. Good for them. This was not the Chiefs, and anyone watching that game could see it. It is what it is. Good for you, Tompa Bay Fucaneers.

Lastly, **** Tom Brady. I don't ever want to play this ****er again. He just wins, in spite of his lack of anything special. Luckiest player in the history of the world.

...no, I don't feel better, but I'm glad I got that off my chest. Go Chiefs.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 07:25 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Montana...and it's not really close

Penalties in the 4 Montana SBs

Montana's team 18-145
Opponents 16-132

Penalties in the last 4 Brady SBs

Brady's team 11-87
Opponents 35-285

Fake GOAT is fake...

Montana was actually penalized MORE than his competition...
The big difference in those penalty yards come from this recent Super Bowl game that was a blowout anyways. Penalties didn't hinder the Chiefs offense and the Chiefs still struggled scoring. Mahomes leaving the pocket early, bad offensive line, KC not running the ball and many other things held KC's offense in check. Andy Reid/Mahomes poor decision making and Chiefs not coming up with what would have been some spectacular plays did.

Even in the San Francisco Bay area, nearly everyone there has Brady > Montana. Brady is considered a much better version of Montana.

Montana was great and deserves to be a distant #2 behind Brady but he benefitted from Eddie DeBartolo, former Niners owner, giving extra money to players. Niners were basically outspending most teams then.

It is true that Montana dominated in Super Bowl a couple of seasons but the AFC teams back then for most of those years were not that good. I was alive and watching all of the televised games i could back then.

Starting with Montana's first Super Bowl in early 80's, NFC won something like 16 straight Super Bowls. A few were close, most were not. AFC was like the minor leagues. Other than like the Bills one year, the AFC rarely had the more talented teams. It wasn't that the AFC teams were choking, the NFC was just much better at the top.

From having watched 80's and 90's play, it doesn't surprise me that Niners teams were penalized in similar fashion to their opponents. Niners had a player like Ronnie Lott that played over the edge and willing to get some penalties. The guy is in the HOF since he pushed things to the limit and past the limit at times. An intimidator. Even Jerry Rice was a physical receiver very willing to push off if need be to get open.

Brady on the other hand, has played in an era of much more parity when NFC and AFC teams both win the Super Bowl.

Brady also played for a coach in New England that truly wants his team to minimize penalties. Brady getting rid of ball quickly helps his line commit less penalties and his deadly accuracy scares defensive backs into committing penalties if his receivers are good enough to get open by just a modest amount.

Montana has a stellar Super Bowl record at 4-0 but he struggled at times in NFC playoffs where the better competition happened to be.

Since 2000, if you take away the Patriots, the top teams have been fairly evenly distributed among the conferences. This just wasn't the case when Montana played.

20 years from now, Brady is going to have a much bigger stranglehold as the GOAT football player... much more so than Jordan ever had in basketball. Basketball pundits could seriously argue Kareem(3 rings at UCLA and 6 in the NBA), Russell, Wilt and now Lebron....

I doubt even any of the current quarterbacks catches Montana for 2nd best quarterback of all time.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:44 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
The big difference in those penalty yards come from this recent Super Bowl game that was a blowout anyways. Penalties didn't hinder the Chiefs offense and the Chiefs still struggled scoring. Mahomes leaving the pocket early, bad offensive line, KC not running the ball and many other things held KC's offense in check. Andy Reid/Mahomes poor decision making and Chiefs not coming up with what would have been some spectacular plays did.

Even in the San Francisco Bay area, nearly everyone there has Brady > Montana. Brady is considered a much better version of Montana.

Montana was great and deserves to be a distant #2 behind Brady but he benefitted from Eddie DeBartolo, former Niners owner, giving extra money to players. Niners were basically outspending most teams then.

It is true that Montana dominated in Super Bowl a couple of seasons but the AFC teams back then for most of those years were not that good. I was alive and watching all of the televised games i could back then.

Starting with Montana's first Super Bowl in early 80's, NFC won something like 16 straight Super Bowls. A few were close, most were not. AFC was like the minor leagues. Other than like the Bills one year, the AFC rarely had the more talented teams. It wasn't that the AFC teams were choking, the NFC was just much better at the top.

From having watched 80's and 90's play, it doesn't surprise me that Niners teams were penalized in similar fashion to their opponents. Niners had a player like Ronnie Lott that played over the edge and willing to get some penalties. The guy is in the HOF since he pushed things to the limit and past the limit at times. An intimidator. Even Jerry Rice was a physical receiver very willing to push off if need be to get open.

Brady on the other hand, has played in an era of much more parity when NFC and AFC teams both win the Super Bowl.

Brady also played for a coach in New England that truly wants his team to minimize penalties. Brady getting rid of ball quickly helps his line commit less penalties and his deadly accuracy scares defensive backs into committing penalties if his receivers are good enough to get open by just a modest amount.

Montana has a stellar Super Bowl record at 4-0 but he struggled at times in NFC playoffs where the better competition happened to be.

Since 2000, if you take away the Patriots, the top teams have been fairly evenly distributed among the conferences. This just wasn't the case when Montana played.

20 years from now, Brady is going to have a much bigger stranglehold as the GOAT football player... much more so than Jordan ever had in basketball. Basketball pundits could seriously argue Kareem(3 rings at UCLA and 6 in the NBA), Russell, Wilt and now Lebron....

I doubt even any of the current quarterbacks catches Montana for 2nd best quarterback of all time.
Chiefs were called for 42 yards of penalties in a 9 second span...which is 50% of the total penalty yards Brady has received in 4 complete SBs (85).

In 9 seconds, KC doubled Brady's SB average of 21.3 yards per contest

You typed all that because you need a hero...not because it's true. Dude throws footballs for corrupt corporation...might set your threshold for vicarious worship a little higher.

Would you care to comment on Flutie saying Brady was getting defensive formations up to snap in his helmet...or audibles mysteriously taped in their lockers?

Let me guess, an "everyone does it" rationalization is coming...

There are so many instances of cheating/favoritism...unprecedented really...that it's impossible to gauge how good Brady really was...
[Reply]
GoForIt 11:20 AM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:

I agree with this. Brady's lead is the size of the grand canyon in terms of the GOAT. Currently in the NFL there is only one QB with 2 rings - Ben. Prior to Ben there were only 2 others with 2 rings - Eli and Peyton - since the FA/Cap era which makes it drastically hard to compete over the long haul. Heck no one has even repeated other than Brady. It is reasonable to assume that no one currently catches Montana much less Brady.
[Reply]
PBFAN 02:19 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
I can't believe there are really people out there defending this egregious penalty disparity.
What’s so hard to understand? The Chiefs committed far more penalties so they were flagged more. They really could’ve thrown the flag on KC virtually every play, all they do is hold, both O and D. If anything the refs have them numerous breaks. If game called correctly Bucs win 52-3 thereabouts. What a beatdown, Quiefs don’t see another SB with this core team, Mahomes is done, like all QBs Tommy thrashes in SBs. Enjoy the ride!! Actually the plummet.
[Reply]
kcjayhawks5 02:21 PM 02-26-2021
Originally Posted by PBFAN:
What’s so hard to understand? The Chiefs committed far more penalties so they were flagged more. They really could’ve thrown the flag on KC virtually every play, all they do is hold, both O and D. If anything the refs have them numerous breaks. If game called correctly Bucs win 52-3 thereabouts. What a beatdown, Quiefs don’t see another SB with this core team, Mahomes is done, like all QBs Tommy thrashes in SBs. Enjoy the ride!! Actually the plummet.
What a fuckin loser this guy is...
[Reply]
Page 24 of 28
« First < 142021222324 25262728 >
Up