ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2018 of 2686
« First < 1018151819181968200820142015201620172018 20192020202120222028206821182518 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
GoForIt 07:43 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Dan said Mahomes is
Dan Orlovsky explains why Tom Brady is the best QB in the NFL right now

There is no question Tom Brady has put together a career that qualifies him as the G.O.A.T. in the NFL, but is he the best of the best in the NFL right this very second?

Former NFL quarterback Dan Orlovsky says yes.

With Brady leading the Tampa Bay Bucs to a 5-2 start and atop the NFC South, Orlovsky made the claim on ESPN’s “Get Up” Monday that Brady is the best quarterback in the NFL – if he gets the right protection.

“Tom Brady is literally carving defenses up at 43 years old,” Orlovsky said. “The most underrated part of a football team is the offensive line, and here’s the thing: If they protect them, which they have, he’s the best quarterback in football. That’s still the case for Tom Brady.”
[Reply]
GoForIt 07:43 PM 02-28-2021
Dan said Mahomes is

There is no question Tom Brady has put together a career that qualifies him as the G.O.A.T. in the NFL, but is he the best of the best in the NFL right this very second?

With Brady leading the Tampa Bay Bucs to a 5-2 start and atop the NFC South, Orlovsky made the claim on ESPN’s “Get Up” Monday that Brady is the best quarterback in the NFL – if he gets the right protection.

“Tom Brady is literally carving defenses up at 43 years old,” Orlovsky said. “The most underrated part of a football team is the offensive line, and here’s the thing: If they protect them, which they have, he’s the best quarterback in football. That’s still the case for Tom Brady.”
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:12 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:

On NFL Live he said right now with only one posession I wouldn't take anyone over Mahomes
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:44 PM 02-28-2021

Put Brady on the Chiefs with that oline and he leaves on a cart...Put Mahomes behind a healthy O-line with the same defensive penalties being called on Bucs, because they were holding just as much, and he drops 45... GTFO
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:56 PM 02-28-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Put Brady on the Chiefs with that oline and he leaves on a cart...Put Mahomes behind a healthy O-line with the same defensive penalties being called on Bucs, because they were holding just as much, and he drops 45... GTFO
Brady would've had a terrible game as well. No QB in the nfl would've had success that game with that line vs a good front
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:11 PM 02-28-2021
It’s funny how defensive some Bucs fans and players are about the fact that our Oline was banged up during the SB.

You won the title, y’all. Just bask in it. You’re not going to have a lot of success convincing a Chiefs forum that our O-line that was missing 4 starters, had 3 undrafted players, and was starting a tackle who 5 years previously had one of the worst Super Bowl performances ever wasn’t that big of a deal.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:16 PM 02-28-2021
Ha. They probably trolled the 49er fans this time last year & the Ram fans the year before that. Fans of nothing good
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:38 AM 03-01-2021

Patrick Mahomes ran for 497 yards to avoid getting sacked during the Super Bowl. That is more than the Bengals leading rusher had all season. pic.twitter.com/sumpcpBV0H

— NFL Memes (@NFL_Memes) March 1, 2021

[Reply]
GoForIt 08:01 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It’s funny how defensive some Bucs fans and players are about the fact that our Oline was banged up during the SB.

You won the title, y’all. Just bask in it. You’re not going to have a lot of success convincing a Chiefs forum that our O-line that was missing 4 starters, had 3 undrafted players, and was starting a tackle who 5 years previously had one of the worst Super Bowl performances ever wasn’t that big of a deal.
Of course. That is why many predicted a blowout. Also we knew that our Oline would dominate your Dline which it did and Brady would take advantage and he did all the way to SB MVP.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:25 AM 03-01-2021
Of course. That is why many predicted a blowout. Also we knew that our Oline would dominate your Dline which it did and Brady would take advantage and he did all the way to SB MVP.
Who the fuck is this faggot
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:33 AM 03-01-2021
How many yards did Brady, Godwin and Evans have... ****, if you take away the two give me touchdowns for BS penalties, you're offense wasn't very good at all...
[Reply]
fierro604 09:00 AM 03-01-2021
How many yards did Brady, Godwin and Evans have... ****, if you take away the two give me touchdowns for BS penalties, you're offense wasn't very good at all...
The Bucs offense was great. 3 TD's and one Rushing, that is 28 points. Even if you feel the refs gave them yards, they had to capitalize. Gronk was the best TE on the field, which I didn't expect since Kelce was also playing.

You can look at Tom's passing yards and think it isn't that impressive, but at what point in the second half did they need to take any risk? Or felt pressure to have a high passing game.

To me, the Bucs offense was the best you could ask for. Capitalized on turn overs, ran the ball effectively, and didn't turn the ball over. They get an A, while the defense was the A plus.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 09:10 AM 03-01-2021
Yeah. I myself did not have that confidence. Eric Fisher’s loss was huge. Pat being pressured on 52% of his drop backs and having barely over 2 seconds on average to throw shows that.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:14 AM 03-01-2021
It was the worst offensive line performance I've ever seen...literally like something out of The Waterboy.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:43 AM 03-01-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
It was the worst offensive line performance I've ever seen...literally like something out of The Waterboy.
I was hammering beers by the 2nd Qtr, I knew what was coming. I held out hope for a come back. But the O-Line was sooooo bad.
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 10:54 AM 03-01-2021
If the quarterbacks were swapped with both having plenty of time to get adjusted to the other teams' personnel, it would have been a much closer game. Not saying the Chiefs would have won but they would have had a better chance. The Patriots coaching staff and Brady learned a big lesson from the 2007 Super Bowl loss. Respect your opponent. If they have a strong pass rush, maybe play in a manner that slows it down. If the Chiefs fan base isn't willing to criticize Mahomes/Reid for that game in terms of their strategy/decisions, it will lead to further underperformance against really good defenses in the future unless those two learn how to truly respect their opponents.

Brady has played on some really bad lines in New England and survived. He gets rid of the ball very quickly and for the most part stays in the pocket so it is easier to protect him and hide bad pass blocking lines. In fact, the ironic thing with Brady is he never won the Super Bowl when he he played with his best offensive lineman with the Patriots in Logan Mankins. 9 years with Mankins and 0 Super Bowl wins. The year before and year after Mankins Super Bowl wins. Plenty of Super Bowl wins with overrated pass blocking offensive linemen that Brady made look good. Ask NY Giants fans about Nate Solder who wasn't that good but Brady made the guy 10's of millions by getting rid of the ball so quickly.

Most of the pressure Mahomes faced was actually self inflicted by Mahomes/Reid. If his first read wasn't open, Mahomes didn't even bother looking for his second read and started scrambling. Put in a little more protection and get rid of the ball quickly... and I doubt the Bucs are able to pressure the Chiefs half as much as they did.

Nothing prevented the Chiefs from running the ball more as well and that slows down any pass rush.

If Brady was on the Chiefs, if the Chiefs just replaced one of their non Hill/Kelce receivers that isn't that good with a decent tight end or maybe another back, I would not be surprised if Chiefs won. Bucs weren't the best defense in football but Brady throughout his career is 3-1 in the playoffs vs the best defense in football.

I have a lot of respect for the Bucs defense but Brady has faced and beaten a better defense in the Super Bowl such in the Legion of Boom. He did that by playing smart and focusing in on the relative weaknesses of the Seahawks defense. A tough defense to crack. And yes Hightower and Malcom Butler had to save the day on that final Seahawks drive but Seattle got a lucky catch that really helped them on their last drive as well.
[Reply]
Page 2018 of 2686
« First < 1018151819181968200820142015201620172018 20192020202120222028206821182518 > Last »
Up