ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1920 of 2687
« First < 920142018201870191019161917191819191920 19211922192319241930197020202420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:37 AM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
If he is paid to be indifferent, than he needs to ask to take the other side sometimes because that was beyond ridiculous. Yeah, he is into the dark/light thing. Just like Deion. It's sad
When he had that graphic put up on the screen, and was giving his argument as to why Lamar Jackson was a better passer than Mahomes, I thought Emmanuel Acho's head was going to explode. At first I think Acho thought he was just playing a joke, and was going to say something about how the passer rating equation isn't always the best indicator of the best QB.

Acho played it cool, and didn't blast Wiley for being an absolute idiot. I think if it was in a private setting, and Wiley was making that argument, Acho would have laughed Wiley's ass silent.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
crazycoffey 03:35 PM 09-30-2020
It’s amazing in today’s world, and today’s NFL, race is still being talked about this way.....

He’s not black enough. It’s sad.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:43 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by crazycoffey:
It’s amazing in today’s world, and today’s NFL, race is still being talked about this way.....

He’s not black enough. It’s sad.
I tried to pretend it wasn't the case for a bit. Just told myself "nah, PM just plays such a unique style that its hard to convince yourself its sustainable..."

But man, it's REALLY unavoidable. There's a HUGE class of NFL analysts that see Watson and Jackson as 'real black quarterbacks' and won't ever embrace Mahomes or Russ because they're light skinned and had relatively comfortable upbringings.

And they dispense with any semblance of impartiality on account of it. That's the most frustrating part. When it was Peyton vs. Manning there was no favorite son so you'd get genuinely good analysis and some real good point/counterpoint discussions.

Now you just get Marcellus Wiley "talking 'bout my BOY Action Jackson!!"

It's just irritating. Really worsens the quality of the dialogue.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:00 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I also think our fanbase needs to have her back. There are usually threads about her (and Jackson) on opposing forums and they’re pretty freaking gross. She’s definitely taken some heat on Twitter for stupid reasons and there have been times where you can tell it’s been a lot for her. The Patriot fan pile-ons are especially bad.

Unfortunately, there were quite a few Chiefs fans on social openly riffing about how Patrick and Clark were negotiating a “Gracie” clause in Patrick’s contract. That **** is gross and Brittany definitely saw some of those takes. Brittany has done nothing but embrace KC and support Patrick since coming here, and we need to have her back.
She and Patrick are quite obviously perfect for each other. All the dipshits that think she's "not hot enough" are living in a fantasy world. She's a knock-out and Patrick knows she really loves him and isn't some gold-digger. Having a REAL relationship is so much more important than any of that other bullshit. We should all have her back, as she's Patrick's chosen partner and is good for him.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:03 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I tried to pretend it wasn't the case for a bit. Just told myself "nah, PM just plays such a unique style that its hard to convince yourself its sustainable..."

But man, it's REALLY unavoidable. There's a HUGE class of NFL analysts that see Watson and Jackson as 'real black quarterbacks' and won't ever embrace Mahomes or Russ because they're light skinned and had relatively comfortable upbringings.

And they dispense with any semblance of impartiality on account of it. That's the most frustrating part. When it was Peyton vs. Manning there was no favorite son so you'd get genuinely good analysis and some real good point/counterpoint discussions.

Now you just get Marcellus Wiley "talking 'bout my BOY Action Jackson!!"

It's just irritating. Really worsens the quality of the dialogue.
As someone who's lived in mixed race neighborhoods and mixed race musical endeavors of all kinds, it's a real thing.

Light skinned POC often feel really ostracized as they're not 'black enough' and yet they're not white and white people basically treat any non-whites as less than.

Not always on either count, and intelligent people of every color don't do that as much, but it's a real and palpable thing when you're around it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:12 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
As someone who's lived in mixed race neighborhoods and mixed race musical endeavors of all kinds, it's a real thing.

Light skinned POC often feel really ostracized as they're not 'black enough' and yet they're not white and white people basically treat any non-whites as less than.

Not always on either count, and intelligent people of every color don't do that as much, but it's a real and palpable thing when you're around it.
It's been a thing for a long time, too. Langston Hughes (who was bi-racial, he had a white Mom and a Black father) wrote about it a lot in his poetry and short stories. Hughes was rejected from so many opportunities due to Jim Crow and growing up in the early 1900's nadir period of race-relations (and even got expelled for protesting segregated seating in his Lawrence middle school) and then when he was able to be present at his dream ceremony in West Africa later in life, he was barred entry, due to being "white."

Barack Obama (love him or hate him) talked about this issue a lot in Dreams of My Father and how he had to "find his own blackness" in Chicago after growing up in Hawaii and Indonesia.

Sadly, I do think we'll see Patrick get hit with those takes too every now and again. It wasn't long ago that RGIII was being hit with takes like that (and RGIII grew up in a straight up working class family). It's been cool to see that DeShaun Watson doesn't seem to subscribe to that mindset over Mahomes at all (wish he could find a way out of being around BOB).
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:16 PM 09-30-2020

[Reply]
RealSNR 05:03 PM 09-30-2020
Is there a way I can hide this post from douchefucks like Chiefshrink? I don't want to turn this into a political thread.

But I wonder if Colin Kaepernick took the bold step he did in demonstrating for race issues specifically because he was tired of being perceived as not black enough. Yeah, he was adopted, but still... mixed race kid raised by a rich white family. He probably had that shit in his face his entire life, so conveniently when he got his contract he made that big public image change. Grew his afro, started speaking out about race, became Muslim... and then the whole kneeling national anthem thing is what really made it blow the fuck up.

I doubt he thought like this, but deep down maybe he was like, "I'll show every person who said I wasn't black enough by becoming the ultimate black guy for black causes. NOW who isn't black enough?!"
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:17 PM 09-30-2020

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:34 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Is there a way I can hide this post from douchefucks like Chiefshrink? I don't want to turn this into a political thread.

But I wonder if Colin Kaepernick took the bold step he did in demonstrating for race issues specifically because he was tired of being perceived as not black enough. Yeah, he was adopted, but still... mixed race kid raised by a rich white family. He probably had that shit in his face his entire life, so conveniently when he got his contract he made that big public image change. Grew his afro, started speaking out about race, became Muslim... and then the whole kneeling national anthem thing is what really made it blow the fuck up.

I doubt he thought like this, but deep down maybe he was like, "I'll show every person who said I wasn't black enough by becoming the ultimate black guy for black causes. NOW who isn't black enough?!"
https://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/140565
[Reply]
eDave 05:38 PM 09-30-2020
If you want to slow Patrick down, quit ranking him less than #1. That just angers him. The finger counting is a warning to all.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:42 PM 09-30-2020
People treat you differently based on the color of your skin. No one should be shocked.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:43 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

While I understand your point and agree for the most part, I don’t see any white people giving a fuck that Pat is only half-white. I don’t see any even giving a fuck about his race whatsoever.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:45 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
While I understand your point and agree for the most part, I don’t see any white people giving a fuck that Pat is only half-white. I don’t see any even giving a fuck about his race whatsoever.
Because he's not black. :-)
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 05:46 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Colin needs to get rid of that awful thing on his face
[Reply]
Page 1920 of 2687
« First < 920142018201870191019161917191819191920 19211922192319241930197020202420 > Last »
Up