ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 46
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Hall of Classics>So I was kicked out of my own fantasy entity ...
Hootie 02:21 AM 10-25-2015
Made 90 great lineups this week, too ...

But, alas, was kicked out, $100 stolen, and have no idea why ....

Thread gets deleted ...

But the group doesn't realize ... Password change or not, I'm still logged in via phone app. That's right.

They let me do 6 hours worth of lineups today before, out of nowhere, I'm banned. Whatever. Right?

Hmm. Steal my $100 ..
Lex Luthor 07:57 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by huskerdooz:
Well if you supported stacking fantasy lineups w/ Chiefs players, I would have told you to fuck off too.
Don't buy into Hootie's self-serving bullshit.
huskerdooz 08:03 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by Saul Good:
It sounds like his lineup was actually effective. Shocking that the one filled with Chiefs players failed, though. I thought they were really onto something.
Bingo
huskerdooz 08:10 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by Brainiac:
Don't buy into Hootie's self-serving bullshit.
If you want people to support your position, why doesn't someone post some of the lineup choices that were proposed/entered. Then we can all be the judge of who should have been in control of setting lineups.

Any fantasy lineup that includes Alex Smith is just fucking stupid and should disqualify that member from ever having lineup input for the duration.

Unless of course the plan was to NOT have a chance to win.
TimBone 08:16 PM 10-25-2015
Bingo
Bingo, except for the fact that it's just not true. Hootie was exaggerating the Chiefs players in lineups. Hootie did the majority of the lineups in the first week, and major money was lost. Some of us wanted to wait because the first week felt rushed, but Hootie pushed forward claiming 'it's not rocket science' or something along those lines.

From that point forward, he was tough to work with. He put his gut feelings over other people's research and suggestions. Somebody last week or the week before called for Miami's defense and Lamar Miller to be used, and was brushed off because Hootie didn't like. Same situation with a decision involving Denard Robinson. Hootie had a gut feeling. Nzoner provided him with written proof that Toby Gerhart would be getting at least a bulk share of the reps that week for Jacksonville. Hootie brushed it off, because his gut told him that Denard was gonna have a monster day. Denard bricked.

Yes, Hootie was doing the majority of the work, but a lot of that was because he sucks so hard at working with others.
ChiefsCountry 08:16 PM 10-25-2015
Hootie acting like a dumbass apparently and getting banned right before the World Series, the biggest sporting event in is life ever, real genius.
mr. tegu 08:17 PM 10-25-2015
If you want people to support your position, why doesn't someone post some of the lineup choices that were proposed/entered. Then we can all be the judge of who should have been in control of setting lineups.

Any fantasy lineup that includes Alex Smith is just fucking stupid and should disqualify that member from ever having lineup input for the duration.

You aren't entitled to anything. And as was mentioned in this thread the million dollar winner in week 1 had Alex Smith as his QB.
huskerdooz 08:18 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Alex Smith sucks
Yet it appears that someone thought it would be a good idea to start him in a daily fantasy football lineup.

Simply Genius
Perineum Ripper 08:19 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Fuck it, I have a half hour to give you some insight on how this REALLY went down. Members of the group, feel free to correct any mistakes from your viewpoint...

First: Look at the title of this thread. Should tell you everything you need to know.

50 people donate $100 each to a group effort. Myself, Flop, Nzoner and Hootie are in charge of physically creating each lineup in Fanduel - BASED ON THE SUGGESTIONS OF THE ENTIRE GROUP. The expectation is that everything is up to the group.

First week. Creating 200 lineups isn't something that happens quickly if you're doing it right...Wednesday. No Hootie. Thursday: "Let me get home from bowling tonight and you'll have my undivided attention." Crickets. Friday: "Let me get home from work tonight and you'll have my undivided attention." IIRC, he finally logged on after 11:00pm - when he knew no one would be on the board.

Saturday morning: I start hearing from group members, concerned that nothing is happening. Flop and I have a discussion about asking the group to wait a week so that we have a plan and plenty of time.

A thread was started. Quite a few people were concerned about going into this all willy-nilly and was on board with waiting. Hootie decided on his own to just start creating lineups, bashing Flop and I, claiming that, "it's not rocket science" and that he's starting if anyone wants to help.

Here begins the trend of Hootie going rogue and doing whatever HE wanted to do with $5000 of other people's money without input from the group.

At that point, we're less than 24 hours to kickoff and Hootie created 188 dummy lineups to be edited. In hindsight, we should have done exactly what was done last night: change the password on him and cancel the entries until we can come to a consensus. Instead, a mad scramble ensues to get playable lineups created. Flop and I do our best to take the input of the group, while Hootie does basically his own thing.

For the record: This bullshit about us losing $3100 that week because Flop and I created a ton of "Chiefs stacks" is complete bullshit. First, we played the Bears that week. There's not a person on the fucking planet who thought JC and Maclin wasn't a good play that day against a BAD Bears defense. No one expected JC to blow out his knee, either. With all that said, those two were in less than 25% of our lineups - and Hootie didn't complain ONE BIT until AFTER he realized we lost $3100 - some of which because his pet Gronk put up like 5 points. Pet players - another trend that is going to develop over this story.

So our first week ends, and we're down $3100 - who gets blamed?

The two guys that were trying to PROTECT the group's money by suggesting we wait.

Flop gets pissed, rightfully so and decides he's not going to give input since Hootie's not taking suggestions anyway. I found out that Monday that I was being given a metric fuckton of new responsibility, and that the week was going to be a ballbuster. Nzoner refuses to work with Hootie because Hootie went in on Sunday morning and edited several of Nzoner's lineups - one of which would have been a nice payday, IIRC.

So the second week becomes even more of the Hootie show. Make a suggestion in the lineup forum? Get talked down to, and your suggestion ignored. Hey, maybe we should get John Brown in more lineups? Nah. (dude went off for 190 yards)

I check back in on Sunday morning and admit to a HUGE mistake.

I looked at what Hootie had done and praised him. I thought things looked pretty good.

My mistake is that I didn't look close enough and he had gone overboard with ownership of a few players, including SEA defense. 75% of our entries had SEA defense. I noticed less than an hour before gametime and also posted that Bobby Wagner was out, and that SEA defense is not the same with him out. Someone else echoed my comment.

Crickets. SEA gets prison raped at home against Carolina. But we won money, so Hootie casually ignores it.

This week - more of the same. People are starting to get pissed that suggestions are getting ignored and that myself, Flop and Nzoner are sitting on the sidelines. People want more balance and diversification in lineups and not lineups that are Hootie "pet player" heavy.

Instead, we get more of "his ideas are awesome, the rest of you suck" - general Hootie attitude for anyone who has seen more than half of one of his posts. Narcissism personified. At one point he even gets pissed off for being called out, and played the victim card as he always does. He claims he quitting MULTIPLE times and basically goes scorched earth on the entire group. Typical Hootie blowup material like this morning. Eventually, it blows over and he goes on like nothing ever happened.

Sure enough, when he posts a thread where people can talk lineups, the first thing he posts?

Let's start building lineups, starting with 20 Brady/Gronk stacks. Nevermind that the majority of the board asked repeatedly to balance things out, and also expressed concern over the matchup the Pats have. People want more Andrew Luck with a good matchup, more Carson Palmer with a great matchup - Hootie wants less than 10% ownership.

Friday night and yesterday afternoon I start getting PM's and texts from people saying enough's enough and that they need us to step in. I leave at 3:30 to take a friend to dinner and to the Blues game for his 40th birthday. Apparently all hell breaks loose while I'm there. I'm still trying to catch up a bit.

This is honestly just the tip of the iceberg. Flop can add a LOT more than this, as I was engrossed with work during the week and missed a lot of the drama.

TL;DR: Hootie decided that this was a $5000 freeroll for him, (actually made several comments about ruining HIS fun) refused to think of the group or the fact that he was fucking with other people's money, and people finally had enough of his bullshit, and now he's playing the victim card, as always.
For all you guys who keep saying all Chiefs stacked lineups need to read this
TimBone 08:20 PM 10-25-2015

You're a dummy. As has been stated, the week one million dollar winner had Alex as their QB. The whole idea is to pick guys that might have big games that won't be on a lot of rosters. So, yeah, a chance was taken on Alex after two games of decent numbers from him, and in a week where the Chiefs had a crappy Bears team at home. Was it a risk? Yes. But it was a few lineups out of a couple hundred. You take those risks and hope they pay off.
huskerdooz 08:22 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
You aren't entitled to anything. And as was mentioned in this thread the million dollar winner in week 1 had Alex Smith as his QB.
I don't believe I said I was entitled to anything ... and how many winning lineups has he been in since.
Perineum Ripper 08:22 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Thank you for that. 100% truth.

And with that said, he was started in less than 10% of our lineups.

Again, you need diversification to win big. And shockingly enough, the guy who won the Million in Week 1 of the regular season.

Wait for it...

Used Alex Smith.
I guess the guy who won the Million thought it was a good idea to put Alex Smith in his line up..before you go around running your mouth defending Hootie to the death you might want to get all your facts straight and learn how the fuck Fantasy Football works there huskerdooz
TLO 08:23 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Hootie acting like a dumbass apparently and getting banned right before the World Series, the biggest sporting event in is life ever, real genius.
I'm actually mildly upset about that. Hopefully he creates a mult and posts in the Royals game threads anyway.

Bruiser's Ghost
BIG_BRUISER
PissonMav24

One of those names would be sufficient.
TLO 08:27 PM 10-25-2015
It says Hootie is online.
MAYHEM 08:27 PM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
I guess the guy who won the Million thought it was a good idea to put Alex Smith in his line up..before you go around running your mouth defending Hootie to the death you might want to get all your facts straight and learn how the **** Fantasy Football works there huskerdooz
Alex smith was racking up ff points against the Bears with his 1 td and 180 yards? Amazing!
mr. tegu 08:28 PM 10-25-2015
I don't believe I said I was entitled to anything ... and how many winning lineups has he been in since.
You wanted lineups posted so you and others could judge them. You aren't entitled to that and there is no reason to discuss lineups here.
Page 32 of 46
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up