ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 752 of 791
« First < 252652702742748749750751752 753754755756762 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:56 PM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Can you follow a conversation even the tiniest bit? I'll walk you through it step by step with visual aids so even you can grasp it.

you can't be a cancerous presence in the locker room challenging elderly coaches to fights,

This is in reference to Peters.

or go around getting into drunken scuffles and lying about it,

This is in reference to Hunt

or punch and choke your pregnant girlfriend then turn around and get yourself into a custody battle because you apparently can't restrain yourself from breaking your kids arm.

This is in reference to Hill.
I have not been following the Hill case as close as others on here- can you post the link where it confirms Hill broke his kids arm? Thanks!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:58 PM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
I have not been following the Hill case as close as others on here- can you post the link where it confirms Hill broke his kids arm? Thanks!
ap·par·ent·ly
/əˈperəntlē/
Learn to pronounce
adverb
as far as one knows or can see.
"the child nodded, apparently content with the promise"
synonyms: seemingly, evidently, it seems (that), it would seem (that), it appears (that), it would appear (that), as far as one knows, by all accounts, so it seems;
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:04 PM 04-20-2019
Wow, you really CAN'T follow the conversation. Hill's kid and the arm have not a fucking thing to do with what we're discussing. Well, if only to drive home the point that we can't trust this kind of player anymore.

Are there court actions? Yes.

Is this interfering with our team and could potentially cost us a player? Yes.

Even if Tyreek were to be 100% exonerated, is this still an issue, a distraction, and a point of contention with the league? Yes.

Would it be wise of the Chiefs to pass on players with this kind of background going forward? Yes.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:06 PM 04-20-2019
al·le·ga·tion
/ˌaləˈɡāSH(ə)n/
noun
plural noun: allegations
a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof.
"he made allegations of corruption against the administration"
synonyms: claim, assertion, declaration, statement, proclamation, contention, argument, affirmation, averment, avowal, attestation, testimony, certification, evidence, witness, charge, accusation, suggestion, implication, hint, insinuation, indication, intimation, imputation, plea, pretense, profession; More
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:07 PM 04-20-2019
al·le·ga·tion
/ˌaləˈɡāSH(ə)n/
noun
plural noun: allegations
a claim or assertion that someone has done something illegal or wrong, typically one made without proof.
"he made allegations of corruption against the administration"
synonyms: claim, assertion, declaration, statement, proclamation, contention, argument, affirmation, averment, avowal, attestation, testimony, certification, evidence, witness, charge, accusation, suggestion, implication, hint, insinuation, indication, intimation, imputation, plea, pretense, profession; More
Yeah, I'd say that the fact Hill had his kid taken away temporarily would point towards there being at least some evidence implicating him or his wife.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:12 PM 04-20-2019
Yeah, I'd say that the fact Hill had his kid taken away temporarily would point towards there being at least some evidence implicating him or his wife.
Not according to people that know how this shit works. Sounds like it’s common and mostly precautionary for the safety of the child.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:15 PM 04-20-2019
With as fickle as the league has become in regards to this kind of shit and the repercussions that we the fan base have to suffer because of these fools, the Chiefs had better start putting a premium on risk assessment and avoidance.

In case you hadn't noticed, the league is very quick to jump on ANYTHING that would put us at a disadvantage going in to the playoffs. Some of you folks need to wake up and smell the favoritism/corruption.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:16 PM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Wow, you really CAN'T follow the conversation. Hill's kid and the arm have not a ****ing thing to do with what we're discussing. Well, if only to drive home the point that we can't trust this kind of player anymore.

Are there court actions? Yes.

Is this interfering with our team and could potentially cost us a player? Yes.

Even if Tyreek were to be 100% exonerated, is this still an issue, a distraction, and a point of contention with the league? Yes.

Would it be wise of the Chiefs to pass on players with this kind of background going forward? Yes.
I am all for filling the team with squeaky clean players, never said I wasn't.

Never liked Peters - and not because he was a pouty dbag and team cancer - it was because he practically refused to tackle guys on the field.

Hunt lied to his coaches and employer - end of story.

Hill has been a great player for us despite his past. I only made 1 comment- because it being thrown around like he is guilty of hurting his kid- and as of yet - this has Not been proven in court. So lumping him in with the other two over a yet unproven allegation does not make sense to me.

BTW the Chiefs got through OTA just fine with Hill there.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:17 PM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Not according to people that know how this shit works. Sounds like it’s common and mostly precautionary for the safety of the child.
Yeah, it's common because they usually don't get this far into the investigation without there being something there.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:18 PM 04-20-2019
I am all for filling the team with squeaky clean players, never said I wasn't.

Never liked Peters - and not because he was a pouty dbag and team cancer - it was because he practically refused to tackle guys on the field.

Hunt lied to his coaches and employer - end of story.

Hill has been a great player for us despite his past. I only made 1 comment- because it being thrown around like he is guilty of hurting his kid- and as of yet - this has Not been proven in court. So lumping him in with the other two over a yet unproven allegation does not make sense to me.

BTW the Chiefs got through OTA just fine with Hill there.
Hill gets thrown in there because he punched and choked his pregnant girlfriend.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:18 PM 04-20-2019
Yeah, it's common because they usually don't get this far into the investigation without there being something there.
So why are they also saying that it’s unlikely that anybody is charged with anything and they will likely get custody back? You’re just talking out of your ass.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:21 PM 04-20-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So why are they also saying that it’s unlikely that anybody is charged with anything and they will likely get custody back? You’re just talking out of your ass.
Just because Hill doesn't get charged with anything doesn't mean he won't face a suspension.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:22 PM 04-20-2019
You guys do know this is the FA thread.

The Hill thread is right around the corner and they’re serving free drinks.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:28 PM 04-20-2019
Just because Hill doesn't get charged with anything doesn't mean he won't face a suspension.
For what exactly? This is a very unique situation, so I guess you never know, but given what we know now it just doesn’t look like they have anything that they can point at and say it’s worthy of a suspension. If there was something, it would’ve come out by now.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:29 PM 04-20-2019
Hill gets thrown in there because he punched and choked his pregnant girlfriend.
If you had left it that I would not have commented in the first place. But you stated that he apparently broke his kid's arm.

I wondered if you had info on this. As I stated, I have not followed every day. I thought it was looked into by child services and that case was closed.

If the kid's arm was intentionally broken - twisted, smashed, a leverage break - the hospital would have immediately flagged it as suspicious. Hill would have been charged by now.

When all the facts do come out and the court finds that he is guilty of this - the Chiefs will void his contract.
[Reply]
Page 752 of 791
« First < 252652702742748749750751752 753754755756762 > Last »
Up