ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 544 of 662
« First < 44444494534540541542543544 545546547548554594644 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 11:56 PM 03-03-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Ehh, as long as Cyborg is allowed to pump juice she will keep beating the fuck out of everyone.
I'm sure she's clean NOW because USADA is testing the hell out of her. But I'm not gonna lift more than a finger and maybe a toe to defend Cyborg because she cheated in the past and its especially a bad thing for women in combat sports because a lot of the advantages they gain become permenant even if they stop juicing. Cyborg will always have stronger bones and the ability to hit harder than she probably otherwise could have because she roided up long ago, and unlike with men, that doesn't completely go away for women when they stop.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:29 AM 03-06-2018
Your schedule this weekend is simple. Nothing. Everyone got the hell out of the way of college basketball's conference championship weekend. Fightpass has Pancrase in the middle of the night sometime, and thats it.
[Reply]
Mecca 05:45 AM 03-08-2018
Apparently Werdum and Velasquez are paying attention to Ronda Rousey as both of them are trying to get signed by WWE..that's odd.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:43 AM 03-08-2018
I knew Velasquez attended his first show, and posted something on IG about it but I'm not sure he was serious.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:47 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I knew Velasquez attended his first show, and posted something on IG about it but I'm not sure he was serious.
Apparently it's serious, Werdum has a meeting with them and Velasquez apparently is angling to get signed.

Problem is, you need a personality that is better than a broken radiator to make it in wrestling.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:03 AM 03-08-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Apparently it's serious, Werdum has a meeting with them and Velasquez apparently is angling to get signed.

Problem is, you need a personality that is better than a broken radiator to make it in wrestling.
If the WWE is even the slightest bit interested in them or anyone else on the roster, then the UFC will figure out something that makes sense for all sides (mainly assurances that they won't get hurt and it'll mostly be on the soap opera side of the show and less on the fake fighting part of the show), because the UFC is going to want to call in another very big favor later this year.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:16 AM 03-08-2018
Some of these people I think are viewing wrestling as a place to go when their MMA stuff is basically done.

Chael Sonnen basically admitted he wanted to do it but waited till he was to old.
[Reply]
alnorth 07:57 PM 03-08-2018
Some of these people I think are viewing wrestling as a place to go when their MMA stuff is basically done.

Chael Sonnen basically admitted he wanted to do it but waited till he was to old.
Chael Sonnen is a perfect fit, if he gets crushed in Bellator's freakshow tournament he might be ready for it, though I'm not sure what his contract with Bellator looks like. Bellator probably sees the WWE as a competitor and might be less willing to let Sonnen go.

Most UFC fighters have the personality and showmanship of a grumpy-looking statue, but they have a few guys who can entertain. The UFC basically sees the WWE as a potential business partner who is valuable to keep in touch with in case someone on the WWE roster who can actually fight (or who can't but is delusional and can help sell a PPV) wants to cross over. Its worth it to the UFC to let their guys play in the soap opera every now and then for that once every 2 or 3 year payday where it comes back to the UFC.
[Reply]
Pants 10:47 PM 03-08-2018

Werdum would be an amazing heal. He has personality for days.
[Reply]
raybec 4 09:53 AM 03-09-2018
Bobby Lashley was tough to watch as a fighter. He would gas out before the end of the first round in most of his early fights. CM Punk's beating at the hands of Mickey Gall says all we need to know about him. Lesnar hasn't really beaten anyone outside of a 50 year old Randy Couture. I don't know how successful any of the crossovers will be going the other way.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:06 AM 03-09-2018
CM Punk was only brought in because he was popular, the guy is like 40 and had no MMA background.
[Reply]
alnorth 03:31 PM 03-09-2018
I am mildly interested in CM Punk's next fight. When he crossed over, he thought his wrestling background would be good enough with a bit of work. He admitted later that he had no idea just how much he had to learn and train to be credible, but by the time he started to figure that out it was too late, he was booked and he had to make the walk.

Now by the time his next fight rolls around (Rumored in June for UFC 225) he will have had what, a year and a half, maybe 2 years training at a good gym with reputable coaches? Thats enough training, he can either do it at his age or he can't. The matchmakers will give him a reasonable opponent at his (low) level, some guy signed from the B leagues and we'll see. If he gets smoked again he should retire.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:50 PM 03-09-2018
I'm just waiting till he sucks it up and goes back for his big Wrestlemania payday, wrestling fans would lose their shit.
[Reply]
alnorth 06:29 PM 03-12-2018
In less-serious news, mighty mouse is now sponsored by, and a spokesman for Zevia soda.

https://www.zevia.com/

Thrilled to be working with Zevia as a brand ambassador. As a pro athlete, it’s important to watch what I consume. Zevia has 0 sugar and no artificial flavoring. Wife loves it, safe for the kiddos! Looking forward to working with this great company in 2018! #zevia #ad pic.twitter.com/orUnCyAFqY

— Demetrious Johnson (@MightyMouseUFC) March 12, 2018

[Reply]
alnorth 09:10 AM 03-13-2018
lol

So when are we gonna see you cry again in the Octagon? 😂 @CMPunk

— Luchaman0miedo (@Luchaman0miedo) March 12, 2018

June nine, after I win and lock eyes with my beautiful wife, embrace my coaches and shout out my entire team https://t.co/TmzRWR2kbn

— Coach (@CMPunk) March 12, 2018

[Reply]
Page 544 of 662
« First < 44444494534540541542543544 545546547548554594644 > Last »
Up