ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 95
« First < 42828889909192 939495 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
suzzer99 02:13 AM 06-13-2020
There could be some kind of weird re-alignment, like the Southern strategy - where at least some of the moderate suburban Republicans come over to the Democrat side (I think my mom and stepdad are there) while some of the left wing anti-vaxx nutters and third way bros move over to the right. My stepdad who's voted Republican his whole life admitted to me he'd be perfectly happy with Obama right now.

These kinds of re-alignment are rare, but they do happen.

I will say that at the moment the DC forum is one of the few places I know of left where right and left wingers clash enough that each at least has a pretty rough idea of the other's position. Facebook, twitter, other forums I'm on - have all completely self-segregated.

But the National Review thing just shows how much the conversation has changed. Imagine that two years ago when Trump was yelling to get that son of a bitch off the field. Huge shift.
[Reply]
eDave 02:21 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
LOL. These 30 year olds entered the job market during a housing bubble recession their parents/grandparents created. They inherit the largest national debt in history and that's even growing with the booming elderly population. They may have crazy ideas but they inherited a complete lemon, and those who created the lemon are in no position to judge.
This is what woke sounds like as he is 100% correct. You think these protesters give a darn about infecting older peeps? Not at all.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:46 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
This is what woke sounds like as he is 100% correct. You think these protesters give a darn about infecting older peeps? Not at all.
Meh, we saw this when a bunch of middle aged adults were protesting the lockdown. Im not saying young people aren't doing or saying dumb things. But dumb doesnt have an age limit, as if older people aren't also buying into dumb stuff too. Young people may do dumb things protesting this mess, but older people are responsible for creating our messes.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:42 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
LOL. These 30 year olds entered the job market during a housing bubble recession their parents/grandparents created. They inherit the largest national debt in history and that's even growing with the booming elderly population. They may have crazy ideas but they inherited a complete lemon, and those who created the lemon are in no position to judge.
Our citizens under 35 don't trust the media, the government or the two party system. Why should they?

Politics and unequal justice in our courts. Active duty military soldiers used tear gas on peaceful citizen protesters.The strict tribalism on every issue that forces extremist one-sided bills out of Congress that's suppose to help the people but in reality help their own tribes. Or you get bills that are bipartisan but in reality its just each side getting their own biased views into the same bill.

Plenty of blame to go around on everyone over 35. The bottom line is that we fucked this Democracy up. In 10 years that generation is going to be in charge anyway. Who are we to get on our high horse and say to those under 35 that they are idiots and would fuck up all this great shit we got going.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
By a very small minority.
I'd say the majority of our grandparents views in their era are not well represented in this era. Society evolves and changes.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:32 AM 06-13-2020
you guys are making fools of yourselves.

So much information overload, you skip from topic to topic, from tragedy to tragedy, think you're complete and total experts no matter what comes down the pike.

Think you've got old people figured out, Think you've got young people figured out. Think you've got racism figured out. Everyone rushing to show everyone else how wonderfully noble they think they are. Shaming anyone that doesn't comply.

You're being used and you're being played.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:04 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I mean, that's not true at all. Are you around young people at all?

As with any post you respond to, you are incapable of discerning some from all.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:09 AM 06-13-2020
Taking a knee at sporting events is peaceful. Throwing frozen bottles of water a policemen is not.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:11 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by KS Smitty:
I have spent the last 4 months working with 18-32 year olds from different locations, backgrounds and ethnicities and you are way off the mark. I also have 28 and 35 year old children as well as nieces and nephews in that age range. These "kids" are well informed due to social media, it's not all stupid drama and videos they are sharing information, checking their sources (none of them trust the media) and willing to have open civil discourse on current events. I have 2 police officers in my family, one took his oath this month and a niece active in KUBridge in Lawrence. They are quite capable of being the ones to affect major change in this world.

Since we are giving resumes I’ve spent the last eight years as a therapist to this age group in university settings and in private settings. One thing for sure is they are good for business. I’m talking about the personality and psychological makeup of the ones who cannot handle their emotions and how that seems to most often develop. That’s not everyone. But the ones who demand a “safe space” at a university? Yes. The ones who are suicidal because someone tweets things they don’t like about them? Yes. The ones who require others to change in order to resolve their own emotional issues? Yes. And on and on.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:18 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by tk13:
This is literally the internet though. It isn't in any way contained to younger people. Just go spend 5 minutes in DC. You will find literally dozens of mature adults who have spent way too long listening to viewpoints and news sources that only align with their worldview and are now completely disassociated with reality.

Heck, you don't even have to go to DC. Go spend 5 minutes in the COVID thread. It's full of people who are only looking for facts that support the reality they want to exist.

The difference as I mentioned later is many in this age group has been enabled to develop a false reality their entire life. Twenty year olds are not developed or experienced enough to simply say, I’ve seen enough and have decided on everything, yet it happens, and social media enables them to insulate themselves yet at the same time feel validated by the masses in every opinion they hold.
[Reply]
stumppy 09:25 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
you guys are making fools of yourselves.

So much information overload, you skip from topic to topic, from tragedy to tragedy, think you're complete and total experts no matter what comes down the pike.

Think you've got old people figured out, Think you've got young people figured out. Think you've got racism figured out. Everyone rushing to show everyone else how wonderfully noble they think they are. Shaming anyone that doesn't comply.

You're being used and you're being played.

So you're saying this thread is a lot like CPDC.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 09:44 AM 06-13-2020
When it comes time to pay for this pandemic. Kneeling for the anthem will look like child's play.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:56 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
What you say makes a lot of sense...

It's the same kind of sense that says violent video games causes people to be violent. And yet, the reality of the situation is that they DON'T make people more violent.

Society changes. It changes REALLY FAST these days. And it's kind of remarkable that for every new innovation that comes along ("We're raising a generation of TV-addicted zombies!" -1970-90) the generation that is supposedly fucked up by being raised on the new innovation winds up being just fine in the end.

Frankly, I disagree with your assessment because it's nothing more than speculation and presumed correlation without any real evidence to back it up.

It’s not simply speculation as the stats show it quite clearly. Depression and anxiety are most prevalent in the younger adults and the problem seems to only be increasing and social media and how it’s used is a huge factor. I can’t believe that post was even remotely viewed as out of touch or controversial to some people here. If someone (not you) isn’t going to bother reading or thinking about what’s said, a juvenile response doesn’t make you right or serve as counter point or add to the discussion. I’m not really interested in discussing all the causes, connections, differentiators, etc but since people seem to think I’m just making stuff up, enjoy.

“The prevalence of adults with a major depressive episode was highest among individuals aged 18-25 (13.1%).”

https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/stat...pression.shtml

Depression rates were highest among young people, leaping by 63 percent for teens and 47 percent for millennials. (Pew Research defines millennials as individuals born between 1981 and 1996.) The rates were also twice as high among women as men.

“We are concerned that depression rates are continuing to accelerate, and we need to do more work to identify the underlying cause,” says Trent Haywood, MD, senior vice president and chief medical officer for the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association, a federation of local Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies.

https://www.everydayhealth.com/depre...n-rates-surge/

https://www.healthychildren.org/Engl...Disorders.aspx

Comparing lifestyles depicted in social media and a fear of missing out (FOMO) are likely causes of anxiety as well as the way social media ironically makes people feel lonely.3 Not to mention the fact that social media is addictive, producing the same increase in dopamine that drugs give you. At this point, it appears anxiety and millennials are intertwined.

https://www.banyanmentalhealth.com/2...ety-so-common/

“People who frequented higher numbers of social platforms reported higher levels of depression and anxiety. Another study on 18–22-year-olds came to similar conclusions.”

From just 2011 to 2017, the number of people under the age of 26 (the highest users of social media sites) who experienced signs of serious psychological distress increased by more the 70%.2

Another study found that teenagers who spend 2 or more hours online are at risk of developing suicide risk factors, and those who spend 5 or more hours a day online are 71% more likely to have at least one suicide risk factor compared to their peers who are only online for an hour or less.3 If you or a loved one is experiencing suicidal thoughts, get help immediately with our mental health PHP in Boca.

While the purpose of social media is supposed to be to connect people, it might have the opposite effect in some cases. One study found that young adults with high social media use were three times more likely to report feeling socially isolated compared to the reports of their peers who were classified as low social media users.

https://www.banyanmentalhealth.com/2...mental-health/

We could literally do this all day. Frankly I’m shocked people disagree with the basic concept of my post that many portions of that age group are experiencing huge emotional problems. I was simply providing a brief discussion as to what is going on psychologically that contributes to the emotional issues, specifically as it relates to the impact of social media.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:58 AM 06-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
its an easy issue. Most young people don’t give a shit about a persons skin color. Don’t understand why we tolerate a different treatment for people of color.

But, my peeps of here with right leaning views, take a breath, your views will be represented in this new generation. You may see the extreme left on TV but my experience is that some are for gun rights, curtailing immigration, strong borders etc.
Sorry, but this is bullshit.

Everybody was in agreement that what happened to Floyd was unacceptable and the cop(s) should be charged.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:42 AM 06-13-2020

[Reply]
Page 92 of 95
« First < 42828889909192 939495 >
Up