ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 149 of 162
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:32 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
O
they lost in the last 14 seconds of the game. On some silly nonsense play. If there were 2 minutes left in that game, they would've marched it downfield and won that game.

They basically lost that game in exactly the same way the Chiefs lost to the Patriots the first time in 2018. The offense did their job, and the defense shit the bed.

Don't tell me that the Browns lost "because they're the Browns," because that's a load of BS. They scored 22 points in the 4th Q against the 5th best scoring defense in the league. They racked up more yards, more TOP, and more 1st downs than BAL.

CLE has a legit offense that has scored more than 100 points over their last 3 games. They just have a decimated defense. Once they get some defensive starters back, they'll be more dangerous than the Titans, for certain.
Yet they lost and have a negative point differential against an absolute dog shit schedule
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:33 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
For me, it's not about Mayfield at all.

It's about the Browns.

You don't just erase 30 years of history in 14 games, especially without anything even resembling a signature win.

I felt the same way about the Chiefs. I feel the same way about the Jets and Lions.

I will believe they are good when they actually win something of significance and prove they are.
Nah, I've followed the browns quite a bit. This year feels very different. It feels like the beginning of the Alex Smith era. They're either the Alex Smith team that barely lost to the Colts or beat the Texans. It feels like the Titans behind a shitty Marcus mariota. Those were seriously flawed teams but they looked like they belonged and the coaching was stellar. Stefanski and baker aren't Reid and Alex, but they are a million miles better than anything they've seen in decades. Coaching goes a really long way and in Stefanski they have a really good one.
[Reply]
notorious 09:36 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
it's really just Megatron and me. Everyone else hates them.

I don't disagree with what you're saying though.
No hate here, just caution.

They beat a good Titans team, and that's a big step. The rest of their achievements are less than stellar.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:39 AM 12-24-2020
SAME OLD BROWNS. Same as it ever was....ever was.....ever was
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:39 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Nah, I've followed the browns quite a bit. This year feels very different. It feels like the beginning of the Alex Smith era. They're either the Alex Smith team that barely lost to the Colts or beat the Texans. It feels like the Titans behind a shitty Marcus mariota. Those were seriously flawed teams but they looked like they belonged and the coaching was stellar. Stefanski and baker aren't Reid and Alex, but they are a million miles better than anything they've seen in decades. Coaching goes a really long way and in Stefanski they have a really good one.
Sorry man, I live in Vikings country. I know exactly who Stefanski is and what he's good at. You know how many playoff games they've won up there since Cousins came to town?

Exactly.

You're letting your emotions cloud your judgement here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:40 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
No hate here, just caution.

They beat a good Titans team, and that's a big step. The rest of their achievements are less than stellar.
I'm not convinced the Titans are a "good" team.

Their offense is elite. Their defense is awful.
[Reply]
notorious 09:41 AM 12-24-2020
I'm not convinced the Titans are a "good" team.

Their offense is elite. Their defense is awful.
They are hot and cold.

Their weaknesses are fatal, even against Cleveland.
[Reply]
notorious 09:44 AM 12-24-2020
Sorry man, I live in Vikings country. I know exactly who Stefanski is and what he's good at. You know how many playoff games they've won up there since Cousins came to town?

Exactly.

You're letting your emotions cloud your judgement here.
Minnesota beat New Orleans last playoffs.

I was sitting at the Caesars sports book and the fan meltdown was epic. :-)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:08 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'd say Baker putting up 22 pts in the 4th quarter against the Ravens while his defense was shitting their pants says he did more than enough to win that game. And he wasn't game managing. I don't know how anyone could watch that game and not think that Baker can't take it on his shoulders and go win a game. That looked a lot like our 2018 AFCCG. But I guess the media knock on Mahomes at that point was that he couldn't win the big game, so I suppose that's a standard take now that I think about it.

Every QB needs help. And the Browns aren't a threat to KC; but neither are the Bills really. As long as KC takes care of their own business, they'll win out. But in the next tier of AFC teams it seems clear that those are the two that are becoming legit contenders.

It's one game....and a game that Baker lost, and part of the reason he lost was a big INT as the game was getting to crunch time at the end of the 3rd Q....and who threw that INT....Baker Mayfield did.

And that's my point: Baker seems to shit the bed against good teams at times it matters most....more often that not....

And agreed, it's moot, because the Browns aren't going to beat the Chiefs anyways...
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:11 AM 12-24-2020

It's about the Browns.

You don't just erase 30 years of history in 14 games, especially without anything even resembling a signature win.

I felt the same way about the Chiefs. I feel the same way about the Jets and Lions.

I will believe they are good when they actually win something of significance and prove they are.
This is the same as the Bills for me: Plenty capable, but you still have to do it....Allen has been to one playoff game, and lost it....but now he's going to win 4 in a row? come on.....
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:11 AM 12-24-2020
I don't actually think CLE is likely to win a playoff game, if they get in.

But they are going to beat PIT in week 17. Mark it down.

Though that's more a function of just how bad PIT really is, than it is about how CLE has improved.

But these aren't the "same old Browns," and I don't care about what their point differential, or what their schedule was this season. Yeah, they were terrible at the beginning of the season.

Look at their last three games, and how they finish the season. If I'm right, they'll win their last two games, and they'll look legit doing it.

That offense is finally starting to gel, and by week 10 next season, Baker's going to be rated/ranked higher than Tannehill. Chubb and Hunt will both be top 5 rushers. And most importantly, the Browns will own one of the most efficient scoring offenses in football.

Their problem is their defense. So yeah, they're going to lose plenty of games because of their defense.

That scenario sound familiar to anyone?
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:15 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
It's one game....and a game that Baker lost, and part of the reason he lost was a big INT as the game was getting to crunch time at the end of the 3rd Q....and who threw that INT....Baker Mayfield did.

And that's my point: Baker seems to shit the bed against good teams at times it matters most....more often that not....

And agreed, it's moot, because the Browns aren't going to beat the Chiefs anyways...
:-)
What? He threw ONE interception in the whole game, then proceeded to lead the team to 22 points in the 4th?

How is that Baker shitting the bed?

Seriously, when I look at the boxscore, what I see is Baker rallying the offense repeatedly after that INT, and the Browns defense shitting the bed, which last time I checked, Mayfield doesn't play defense.

Oh, and btw, his numbers and QBR are nearly perfect after that INT.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 10:24 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
:-)
What? He threw ONE interception in the whole game, then proceeded to lead the team to 22 points in the 4th?

How is that Baker shitting the bed?

Seriously, when I look at the boxscore, what I see is Baker rallying the offense repeatedly after that INT, and the Browns defense shitting the bed, which last time I checked, Mayfield doesn't play defense.

Oh, and btw, his numbers and QBR are nearly perfect after that INT.
You don't think that an INT that gave the opposition a 14 point lead in a game THE BROWNS lost mattered?

I don't, know, I think it was most certainly a contributing factor, and for all of Baker's bravado....HE STILL LOST THE GAME. Sorry, that doesn't get a pass from me.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:24 AM 12-24-2020

It's about the Browns.

Yeah, it's just so tough to figure out until a team has at least proven they can hang with the very few teams who you know without a doubt will be playing in late January.

The two Chiefs/Patriots game in 2018 basically did it for me... of course close doesn't count, but knowing they went to Foxborough and took it down to the wire and then competed with them until the end of the AFCCG was leaps and bounds better than anything they had done in decades, IMO.... even better than beating the Colts in the playoffs.

And even if the Browns or Bills beat the Ravens.... WTF have the Ravens done of any significance? And beating the Steelers certainly doesn't seem to carry much weight right now.

The Browns might erase some demons by beating a limping Steelers team, much like the Chiefs erased demons by beating the Colts... but, meh? Their only true test at the moment is at least competing with the Chiefs, just like the Chiefs' only true test in the past couple seasons outside of the Super Bowl was to at least compete with the Patriots.

And as a fan base who lived on a hope and a prayer for decades, we know a thing about hoping in one hand and shitting in the other.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:26 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
You don't think that an INT that gave the opposition a 14 point lead in a game THE BROWNS lost mattered?

I don't, know, I think it was most certainly a contributing factor, and for all of Baker's bravado....HE STILL LOST THE GAME. Sorry, that doesn't get a pass from me.
Sooo, when Mahomes threw that pick against NE in 2018, after bringing KC back to tie it late in the game, and then take the lead, but ended up with a L, that was MAHOMES shitting the bed?

Or in the AFCCG, same deal? Patrick shit the bed?
[Reply]
Page 149 of 162
« First < 4999139145146147148149 150151152153159 > Last »
Up