ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 22
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Representatives from 24 teams expected to appear at Colin Kaepernick’s workout in Atl
Msmith 11:26 AM 11-16-2019
What will your reaction be if the Chiefs sign him?

Link:https://www.yahoo.com/gma/representa...111844990.html
[Reply]
oldman 10:32 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
The idea this is something that needs to happen is the joke. Dude made his bed.

The kneeling isn't what got him banned, the stupid narrative he started pushing, the socks, the t-shirts, and his GF going off on owners on twitter is what nailed his coffin shut.

He could have been diplomatic and professional instead he chose the route of dissent.

And his comments from yesterday probably didn't help him either.
I'll pretty much agree with all you said. He never was banned, maybe he was black balled, but the NFL can never admit that. The facts are he was injured in 2015 and required 3 surgeries and he opted out or a restructured contract in 2017. Whether he was forced out or he just saw the writing on the wall isn't really the question. Just my take is he was just trying to build his brand and was using the controversy to do it. That's his choice.
But he really didn't help himself yesterday by making demands on the NFL. That's on him and him alone.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:33 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
And he could also go off for 3 INTS. You keep trying to ignore interceptions for some odd reason. Actually it's not that odd,it's obvious why you're trying to ignore them. Because they totally kill your argument.

A 14:6 TD:INT ratio is A LOT better than a 5:6 TD:INT ratio and it's not even close.
I'll bow out. Not because I am admitting defeat. I will agree with you. Gabbert sux.

I didn't ignore the INT's, though.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:34 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
The Broncos offered a 2 year deal to replace his rookie deal.

As we should all know at this point, anything in the back half of an NFL deal is more of a suggestion than a contract.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...n-elway-2018-8
I really could care less about Kaepernicks antics or beliefs. But I don't think he wants to be anywhere. Hes either delusional about his value that he believes starter money (like when he opted out of sf) or he realizes his best financial opportunity is to play the role of martyr. But yeah without a doubt he is better than what his critics want him to be. He's just not an every day starter.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:34 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
If he didn't thin out and looked like earlier era Kap, I think he would be a great addition for running short yardage situations. Current era Kap? Probably not.

Although I don't know why the Bears aren't saying **** it, why not? Mitch looks like total shit, so they'd have nothing to lose there.
Chase Daniels is a way better QB than Kap...
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:35 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I really could care less about Kaepernicks antics or beliefs. But I don't think he wants to be anywhere. Hes either delusional about his value that he believes starter money (like when he opted out of sf) or he realizes his best financial opportunity is to play the role of martyr.
^this^

This piece of shit sacrificed nothing despite Nikes tag line given him...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:45 AM 11-17-2019
If kaep wanted to, he'd be a valuable backup somewhere. A power running team like Indy would do great with a scramble drill guy. These freelancers are often better for short stints because they don't need as much timing or understanding of the scheme. More importantly, the bottom half of backup qbs isn't just bad... It's so bad that teams like the Colts would rather March out hoyer and they paid for it by losing 2 key games in a playoff push.

Also, Any suggestion that Kaepernick is worse than Gabbert is ludicrous. Take away his horrendous game in Chicago and he had a pretty solid season... For a backup. Another reason he's not a starter is the dude is other level bad playing in the cold.

Ridiculous to say he couldn't be contribute somewhere. But I don't think he's interested in doing that. He's doing just fine playing the role as martyr.
[Reply]
Skyy God 10:50 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
If he didn't thin out and looked like earlier era Kap, I think he would be a great addition for running short yardage situations. Current era Kap? Probably not.

Although I don't know why the Bears aren't saying **** it, why not? Mitch looks like total shit, so they'd have nothing to lose there.
Also probably this.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:51 AM 11-17-2019
If kaep wanted to, he'd be a valuable backup somewhere. A power running team like Indy would do great with a scramble drill guy. These freelancers are often better for short stints because they don't need as much timing or understanding of the scheme. More importantly, the bottom half of backup qbs isn't just bad... It's so bad that teams like the Colts would rather March out hoyer and they paid for it by losing 2 key games in a playoff push.

Also, Any suggestion that Kaepernick is worse than Gabbert is ludicrous. Take away his horrendous game in Chicago and he had a pretty solid season... For a backup. Another reason he's not a starter is the dude is other level bad playing in the cold.

Ridiculous to say he couldn't be contribute somewhere. But I don't think he's interested in doing that. He's doing just fine playing the role as martyr.
Who said Gabbert was better?
[Reply]
-King- 10:54 AM 11-17-2019

100%. Him and his team know right now it's best served for him to not play. And the NFL doesn't want him to play anyway so both sides are just pushing agendas and using the tryout for optics.

But yeah, he's definitely an improvement for a lot of teams. Put him on the bears over Mitch, him on the Steelers over Rudolph and put him on the Colts while Brissett is out and they likely go to the playoffs.

But yeah, neither him nor the higher ups in the league really want him playing. I'm sure a bunch of coaches/GMs would take him though because he could likely save their jobs but their owners won't allow it.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:12 AM 11-17-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
Adding Kap as our 3rd QB to run some wildcat packages and sub in on QB sneaks doesn’t seem like the worst idea?
yeah it does. Third QB will not dress on the Chiefs and most other teams.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:34 AM 11-17-2019
And yes Matt Moore had to try out.
Uhhhhhh no he didn't. Reid called him up and begged him to come out of retirement.:-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:41 AM 11-17-2019
Fuck Kaep, Glazer just explained why that turd will never play in the NFL again...he screwed over the reps most teams sent by moving the workout an hour away just 20 minutes before it was scheduled

He doesn’t wanna play, he wants a shitshow to grandstand on... he’s a legit piece of shit
[Reply]
TravelingChiefs 11:59 AM 11-17-2019
Kaepernick requested to shoot a Nike ad as a part of Saturday's workout, featuring the quarterback and mentioning all the NFL teams present at the workout. The NFL agreed, but Kaepernick informed the league of his decision to change the location of the workout on Saturday at 2:30 p.m., moving the event from the Falcons' practice facility to Charles R. Drew High School in Riverdale, Ga.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:04 PM 11-17-2019
How would you know I show up every time he's mentioned if you didn't show up either?
False equivalence
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:04 PM 11-17-2019
Keep ballwashing the NFL, sheeple.

“ According to Kaepernick’s representatives, NFL officials wanted him to sign a waiver absolving the league of any responsibility in case he got injured (standard practice for these workouts) that also reportedly stated Kaepernick could not sue the league in case he did not get signed after the workout (not standard at all).“

https://www.theringer.com/2019/11/16...y-change-venue
[Reply]
Page 15 of 22
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up