ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 26
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sammy Watkins
htismaqe 08:44 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
2nd round looks like a choice spot for that IOL. My current favorites are:

Tyler Lindenbaum - Iowa C
Alijah Vera-Tucker - UST G/T (this one fits really well. He'd be a super athletic LG, and could potentially be a LT long-term)

Of course, things may change once we get to draft season and those IOL guys could jump up boards.
Linderbaum is a definite possibility at the end of the 2nd, depending on what happens with guys like Smith and Davis. I could see both of them going late first but somebody might think a guy like Davis is a top 15 pick, too.

At C, I think Alec Lindstrom from BC is an interesting prospect and fits what Reid wants in terms of athleticism, although I think some people might look at him and think he's more of the same (not a mauler).
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:27 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What a terrible waste of draft capital.

This guard and center class is deep but there's no great prospects at the top.
Bullshit. Not a waste at all. The IOL has been shit and will be shit until we make a real investment. Fatties matter a lot.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:30 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Bullshit. Not a waste at all. The IOL has been shit and will be shit until we make a real investment. Fatties matter a lot.
You don't just throw your best resources at a problem. That's not how you field a consistently good team.

Good teams are consistently good by investing wisely, not wildly.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:32 AM 12-09-2020
Don't give a fuck. If there's an IOL prospect that Reid thinks is worth the first, take him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:33 AM 12-09-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't give a fuck. If there's an IOL prospect that Reid thinks is worth the first, take him.
There won't be. I can almost guarantee it. So don't get your hopes up.

This is a very deep IOL draft but it's not top heavy.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:40 AM 12-09-2020
That or approach Schwartz about moving to the interior if it can prolong his career. It's a combination of a bad back and ankle, right?
[Reply]
Hydrae 11:06 AM 12-09-2020
We also have Osemele, Niang, Rankin, LDT all available by next year on the inside. If Schwartz is back at RT then we also have Remmers available.

To me this shows that this is not a need at a high draft pick for IOL. Now if we can just convince Andy that Kilgore should start at center we are probably in decent shape going forward.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:28 PM 12-14-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
We also have Osemele, Niang, Rankin, LDT all available by next year on the inside. If Schwartz is back at RT then we also have Remmers available.

To me this shows that this is not a need at a high draft pick for IOL. Now if we can just convince Andy that Kilgore should start at center we are probably in decent shape going forward.
Kilgore is a shitty pass blocker, which is why he was immediately benched after Reiter was available.
[Reply]
JakeF 03:49 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:

Rankin sucks
we don't know if Osemele can stay healthy for a full year
Niang hasn't played in the NFL yet
Will LDT even come back or is he being a full time Doctor now?

We need more Oline talent to protect our MVP. Our entire team relies on Mahomes. Don't you see how skittish he is starting to look? Our offense struggles when he gets like that.

RDE in the 1st round
Oline top priority after the 1st round.
[Reply]
dls6501 01:25 PM 12-14-2020
We should have moved on last offseason. We better move on this offseason.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:44 PM 12-27-2020
I’m really just done with this guy. Per sportrac his salary this year is $9 million, I believe before incentives could kick in.

Even without that he’s not worth that billing anymore. He’s been off the field about 60% of the time anyway.

Deep WR FA class and draft. Get a value pick up like Marvin Jones and draft a receiver early.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 03:45 PM 12-27-2020
Cut him and draft his replacement
[Reply]
nychief 03:48 PM 12-27-2020
He was signed for the playoffs....he was a stud throughout last year and expect him to be again. I don't understand the hand wringing, he isn't even overpaid too much anymore.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:54 PM 12-27-2020
Originally Posted by nychief:
He was signed for the playoffs....he was a stud throughout last year and expect him to be again. I don't understand the hand wringing, he isn't even overpaid too much anymore.
Will he be able to play in those playoff games? Injured again today.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:49 PM 12-27-2020
Get him healthy again, max him out in the playoffs and super bowl then say adios... as dynamic as he can be, he isn't irreplaceable and all these constant injuries aren't getting any better as he ages
[Reply]
Page 16 of 26
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up