ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 231 of 301
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:33 PM 08-27-2019
What's happened to Merrifield's base stealing? His SB have plummeted and his CS are up. He was at 34/8 and 45/10 the last 2 years. This year I believe he's at 17/9. What gives? It doesn't appear that his speed has drastically decreased, if at all, so it's a bit strange.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:13 AM 08-28-2019
I know a few of you still had you're hopes up but with the loss last night.. the Royals have been eliminated from the playoffs.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 07:15 AM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I know a few of you still had you're hopes up but with the loss last night.. the Royals have been eliminated from the playoffs.
Damn, almost made it to September.
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:34 AM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by kstater:
News is just breaking, but something happened with the Tampa Bay AA team.

Cancelled a double header due to a "tragic event". I'm guessing bus crash, hope its not too bad.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
One of their Pitcher's wife, 1 year old son, and MiL were murdered by his BiL. Just ****ing terrible. I have a 1 year old son, so this one really hits home.

https://deadspin.com/family-of-rays-...e-h-1837660624
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:10 AM 08-28-2019
Good lord. Horrible.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:40 PM 08-28-2019

I’m rooting for losses not wins. You guys need to get with the program.

Tanking!
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 02:02 PM 08-28-2019
The Royals Are Being Sold, And Their Fans Should Be Cautiously Thrilled

Originally Posted by :
Baseball, for all its supposed problems, must still be a pretty good business to be in. Prior to the Marlins’ sale two years ago, an MLB franchise hadn’t gone on the market since 2012. But the Kansas City Royals are now on the block, with owner David Glass reportedly in advanced negotiations to sell the team for more than $1 billion to a group led by Indians minority owner John Sherman.

While the transaction isn’t finalized, and the Royals put out a statement saying they wouldn’t comment, The Athletic’s and ESPN’s reports are treating this as all but a done deal.

Glass, 84, purchased the team for $96 million in 2000, and his ownership is a tale of two franchises, neither of which completely blots out the other. The larger-picture story is that of a team that either couldn’t (Glass claimed) or wouldn’t spend money, and showed it: The Royals finished with a losing record in 14 of 19 seasons, and are currently on pace to lose at least 100 games for the sixth time under him. A former CEO of Walmart, Glass insisted that he ran the team to break even.

The other side of the Royals is their 2015 championship, and they were in that respect the envy of and the blueprint for MLB’s other small-budget clubs; they won how those other cash-strapped front offices hope to win, because it’s really their only option. After hiring GM Dayton Moore in 2006, the Royals invested in their farm system and international scouting department—modest investments compared to spending in free agency, but they bore fruit. The Royals, young, fast, and still pretty cheap, made it to the seventh game of the 2014 World Series, and then won it all the following year.

Even that dream run didn’t come without limitations from Glass. At the 2015 trade deadline, Glass dictated that any deals couldn’t add salary, so the Royals were forced to package even more prospects to acquire Johnny Cueto and Ben Zobrist than it would have taken if their former teams hadn’t sent along cash as well. After 2016, when the Royals were still potential contenders, Glass demanded to Moore that payroll be cut, and the Royals’ window to contend closed a little earlier than it otherwise would’ve, starting with the trade of star closer Wade Davis to save $7 million.

So while Royals fans this morning are and will forever be thankful for that championship, no matter how much Glass did or didn’t do to bring it, they’re also guardedly excited about the sale of the team, and the possibility that the new owner will actually spend.

John Sherman, 64, made his money in the energy industry, and he’s a local and a former Royals season-ticket holder. Those are potentially good things, both for his emotional investment in the team winning, and the likelihood of them staying in Kansas City past the 2030 expiration of their stadium lease. Also a positive is that the Royals’ unfavorable local TV contract is up after this season: They’re expected to sign a new deal worth more than $50 million a year, more than double what they’re getting now.

So there’s reason to think that better days are ahead for the Royals and their fans. It would be tough, anyway, for the days to be any worse than they were most of the time under Glass. Most of the time—2015 will live forever.

[Reply]
SAUTO 02:57 PM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
One of their Pitcher's wife, 1 year old son, and MiL were murdered by his BiL. Just ****ing terrible. I have a 1 year old son, so this one really hits home.

https://deadspin.com/family-of-rays-...e-h-1837660624
Terrible.

How did they not just blow that mother fucker away?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:15 PM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Terrible.

How did they not just blow that mother fucker away?

He’s white.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:17 PM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He’s white.
I'm not sure I'd go that far. But could be.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:10 PM 08-28-2019
Terrible.

How did they not just blow that mother ****er away?
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
He’s white.

Read the story about the arrest before you say stupid shit.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 06:24 PM 08-28-2019
I'm not sure I'd go that far. But could be.
He actually ran at officers as opposed to running away, too.
[Reply]
PHOG 06:26 PM 08-28-2019
SonofaBITCH! NOW! What am I going to do.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:58 PM 08-28-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Read the story about the arrest before you say stupid shit.
I did... he survived for some reason.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 08:03 PM 08-28-2019
O’Hearn heating up
[Reply]
Page 231 of 301
« First < 131181221227228229230231 232233234235241281 > Last »
Up