ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 21 of 252
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:57 PM 04-19-2016
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Anyone else have any headset thoughts?
I've broken every headset I've had by accidentally stepping on them so I didn't want to recommend one. But I've really liked my Astro A40's and Sennheiser GAME ONE's with the Astro Mix Amp.
[Reply]
Buck 07:57 PM 04-19-2016
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Mandatory boss.

Are you sure? Do you come back to her later? I got something from an NPC in there called "Way of Blue" and then moved on and have been to 2 new zones since then without ever fighting her.

Are you on PC or Console? Talking bout that extra sword you have.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 07:59 PM 04-19-2016
Originally Posted by KnowMo2724:
I've broken every headset I've had by accidentally stepping on them so I didn't want to recommend one. But I've really liked my Astro A40's and Sennheiser GAME ONE's with the Astro Mix Amp.
Thanks. Loved my Sony gold I guess they dropped a few times but not a big drop. Like a couple feet from the ground. Guess over time the plastic just cracked.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:07 PM 04-19-2016
Originally Posted by Buck:
Are you sure? Do you come back to her later? I got something from an NPC in there called "Way of Blue" and then moved on and have been to 2 new zones since then without ever fighting her.

Are you on PC or Console? Talking bout that extra sword you have.
Sorry, shouldve clarified I'm on PS4

About the boss
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:19 PM 04-19-2016
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
I beat the Abyss Watchers a couple days ago. Now I'm absolutely f'ing stuck in the catacombs. I've got my ass kicked by mass skeletons and NPC PVP's twice. I lost 20,000 souls the last time so I'm taking a little break until I Get Gud-er.
The area after that is when shit hits the fan. The spike in difficulty reminded me of yahargul in Bloodborne.
[Reply]
007 05:36 AM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by MotherfuckerJones:
Anyone else have any headset thoughts?
you would probably get more input if you created a new thread.
[Reply]
Fish 09:41 AM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Ok gang, I'm just posting this for shits and giggles in the hopes that maybe, somewhere, someone will learn something.

DARK SOULS 3, PVP Etiquette:

Upon invading someone's game (that may or may not want to be invaded) show respect by observing the following rules of etiquette.

1. Don't sneak up on the player and be a fucking douche. Approach the player and allow him/her to prepare themselves. They may be a n00b and they're just trying to get acclimated to such a difficult game. Sneaking up and killing them like a goddamned troll is super gay and just proves to them that you're a coward.

2. After approaching, let the invaded party make the first move. Perhaps use the bow gesture to show respect.

3. This is the most important rule of all. DON'T BE A FUCKING DOUCHEBAG HEALER FUCKFACE ASSHOLE CUNT. You invaded this person's game. If you're getting your ass kicked, just take it like a true professional. You don't really lose anything if you die, they lose their progress and whatever items they had to utilize to beat you. Using your healing items over and over again is just shitty and wastes their time. You fucking cunt coward.

4. Using npc mobs to assist you in killing the other party is ok, just realize that if they figure out what you're doing, and they don't follow you to that area, you need to give up that idea and go try to finish them yourself. Don't just stand there next to a giant fucking crab in the swamp and be a cunt. If you do, perhaps the other party will quit the game mid-fight and laugh as you have to wait for another 10 minutes to invade someone else. You cunt coward fuckhole.

There, the basic rules of etiquette.
Never played any Dark Souls game. But why on earth is the above necessary? Sounds like a broken PVP setup.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:47 AM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
Never played any Dark Souls game. But why on earth is the above necessary? Sounds like a broken PVP setup.
Yep. There's no such thing as fair 1 on 1 PvP without some extremely convoluted setup.
[Reply]
Buck 01:56 PM 04-20-2016
My brother told me you can avoid PVP by just not using ember. Is that true?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:13 PM 04-20-2016

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:37 PM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by Buck:
My brother told me you can avoid PVP by just not using ember. Is that true?
Yeah I think so.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:57 PM 04-22-2016
Good grief there is a ridiculously hard optional boss near the end.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:20 AM 04-23-2016
Enter the Gungeon Review: Another review from the resident Rogue-Like/Lite junkie.

Growing up, I was a huge video game addict. I can recall spending over half of some days grinding for that golden chocobo in Final Fantasy 7, getting all 120 stars in Mario 64, and getting every medal for every stage in Star Fox 64. I am now closing in on 30, have a house, wife, work, school, and everything imaginable that a parent could contend with. My time is precious and I no longer have time to complete these meaty games.

Recently I have fallen in love with the rogue like brand of games. The Binding of Issac, Nuclear Throne, FTL, Spelunky, and many others that can be completed in 30 minutes to an hour, are hard as nails, and when I have time, compell me for just that "one more run". A new developer called Dodge Roll games seems to have taken together everything I love about this genre, and made a near perfect child called Enter the Gungeon.

In this game, a player chooses from 1 of 4 gungeoneers. Each one has a special ability. One has extra health and increased accuracy, while another gets cheaper merchandise and a lock pick mechanism. You're then thrust into a randomly generated dungeon that is cleared by defeating enemies in each room, and then a boss. There are five floors total, and takes about 45 minutes to an hour to complete.

The best way to describe the game to those familiar with this genre is take Nuclear Throne tight gunplay, with the exploration and key finding of Binding of Issac. There are over 150 unique guns in this game. Some are very strong like the Mega Hand that is a tribute to Mega Man, to the useless guns like the "Klobbe", which pays homage to the famous Goldeneye turd. Combined with the unique dodge roll mechanism that gives you a temporary invincibility frame(which you will need), you have a unique arsenal to tackle the the dungeon.

I won't mince words: this game is difficult. The rooms can turn into bullet-hell nightmares. The key drops border on unfair, leaving you to miss opening chests on levels sometimes more often than not. A rat NPC will steal items if you leave the room, and just like any rogue like, you start at the beginning with nothing if you die. The game does have a small sense of progression with a hub that has NPC's that will add new items and weapons to the gungeon pool. There are many secrets housed within the gungeon, and as you play, you do get progressively better at the game.

Because of the wild variation in the strength of guns, and the lack of "looping" in Nuclear Throne where the game can become endlessly more difficult, it's hard to consider this a game where you can compete on a leaderboard basis. And you cannot "break" the game by becoming overly powerful like you can on Isaac. But for fans of games that test their dexterity to its limits, who enjoy mechanics and gunplay that are nearly flawless, and who generally love challenging games, you cannot go wrong with Enter the Gungeon.

9.5/10
[Reply]
Buck 06:28 PM 04-24-2016
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Good grief there is a ridiculously hard optional boss near the end.

I got a good 4-6 hours in today until I hit this boss that had a fucking huge HP pool and then I just noped after I died and turned the game off. I wonder how near the end I am.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:35 PM 04-24-2016
What warn the name of it?
[Reply]
Page 21 of 252
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up