ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 64 of 207
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:21 PM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Neither are great, IMO. The green label small batch is only 86 proof and no aged stated. It tastes young and over-priced at $30. The 10 year is better but it's got a simple wheated/smooth taste but not complex and unremarkable finish.

But as I say, "Drink what you like!"

I’ll drink what I like.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:25 PM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by Servant_KC:
I’ll drink what I like.
Definitely man. Any man drinking some whiskey neat and not just mixed with Coke, is ok in my book. :-)
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 06:28 PM 01-14-2018
Nope on the rocks. We have some of those big round ice cube trays. One Big ass cube and a little whiskey.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:09 PM 01-14-2018
Let me clarify.

I'd drink any Bird Dog over shitty Irish Whiskey blends.
Enjoy your "Boysenberry Bird dog" :-)

And that crap was a 4 year Irish furnished by John Teeling. Who sold to Beam in 2011, known as Cooley Distillery. (He now owns Great Northern Distillery founded 2015?) mixed with American Whiskeys. The Irish is said finished in old bourbon barrels and blended with American whiskey. It sounds like a nasty blended Irish them blended with local young American Whiskey. They sell the 4 year old Irish as "Sons of Erin" as a non descript or blended product.

They are now importing limited batches of 15 year old single malt but no info is available. They are also making a single malt whiskey, which again little is available as they want you to come to the tasting room to buy.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 07:18 PM 01-14-2018
Ice has made a lot of decent stuff taste good, Try the Benchmark...made by Buffalo Trace.

2017 Bronze Medal - New York World Wine & Spirits Competition
2017 Silver Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition
2017 Gold Medal - 90 points - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
2017 Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2017 "Great Value" - 94 points - Ultimate Spirits Challenge
2017 Silver Medal - Denver International Spirits Competition
2016 Double Gold Medal - New York World Wine & Spirits Competition
2016 Silver Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition
2016 Silver Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
2016 "Great Value" - 93 points - Ultimate Spirits Challenge
2016 Bronze Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2015 Silver Medal - New York World Wine & Spirits Competition
2015 Silver Medal - Los Angeles International Spirits Competition
2015 Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2015 "Great Value;" "Tried & True" - 88 points - Ultimate Spirits Challenge
2014 Silver Medal - New York World Wine & Spirits Competition
2014 Gold Medal - International Wine & Spirits Competition
2014 Gold Medal (90 points) - Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition
2014 Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2014 Very Good/Recommended; Tried & True Award; Great Value - Ultimate Spirits Challenge
2013 Gold Medal, 91 points - Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition
2013 Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2013 Excellent/Strong Recommendation; Great Value - Ultimate Spirits Challenge
2013 Bronze Medal - Spirits of the Americas
2012 Excellent-Strong Recommendation - Ultimate Spirits Challenge
2012 Silver Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2012 Silver Medal - Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition
2012 Bronze Medal - Washington Cup Spirits Competition
2010 Gold Medal - Best in Class - International Wine & Spirits Competition
2010 Gold Medal - San Francisco World Spirits Competition
2010 Silver Medal - Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition
2010 Very Good-Recommended - Ultimate Spirits Challenge
2000 Gold Medal and Trophy - International Spirits Challenge
[Reply]
shitgoose 09:04 PM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
It's a beer. The beer is going for more on secondary (not hugely important to me), but I know what I'd be giving up on the beer side but not totally clear what I'm gaining on the bourbon side. Which is why I posed it to you discerning connoisseurs of bourbon :-)
Do it. Worse case scenario you don't care for it and you and I make an exchange so I can have a turn with it.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 11:50 PM 01-14-2018
If you want a good Irish whisky, Green Spot, Yellow Spot, or Tullamore DEW 12 Reserve.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 11:36 AM 01-15-2018
I'd go along as they are all good. It seems you like different types of whiskeys blended together as that is what they have in common. They are not pure single pot, but composed of several still pot whiskeys, aged 7-11 years for the green to 12+ for the yellow in various bourbon casks finished in sherry casks. The yellow gets more complex finishing. The DEW is a traditional blend but is 3 types of whiskeys, malt whiskey, pot still whiskey, and grain whiskey. that are finished in traditional bourbon and sherry casks This can be confusing to say the least. Don't get me wrong all all great. Irish Distillers who makes "Spot, Redbreast, Powers, and Midelton, make almost all the single still pot made but new brands and makers will be forthcoming.

I am a long time Jameson's 1780 (Special Reserve 12) drinker (premium blended w/ grain) with Redbreast 12 being my so called Pure Still Pot of choice. I will consider grabbing the Green Dot if they are out of Redbreast 12, likewise if they don't have Jamison's 12, I will consider either the DEW 12 reserve or the Yellow Spot as a change of pace vs. Redbreast 12 CS. Don't get me wrong, I like the yellow and the DEW Reserve, a lot, but when I can have a Redbreast Cask Strength for a few bucks less?. * the yellow is a high ABV whiskey but at 46% it pales to the 59% of Redbreast CS.

[U]If cost is not a factor and you don't have set tastes (like me) then buy the Tullamore Dew 12YO (1/3 less cost) to start, you will be delighted. Money to burn or developing a taste for Irish?: Green Spot, Dew 12 Reserve,

All of these and lots more are great Irish's but I do have one of these in the cabinet for bragging rights, thank god I didn't have to pay for it. They do sell a 25 YO too.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:54 AM 01-15-2018
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
If you want a good Irish whisky, Green Spot, Yellow Spot, or Tullamore DEW 12 Reserve.
Haven't tried the Tullamore Dew 12, but the Green Spot and especially the Yellow Spot are amazing.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 12:10 PM 03-10-2018
My wife got me a jar of these for Christmas and I have to say, they are fantastic.

https://jackrudycocktailco.com/shop/...tail-cherries/

I enjoy them straight from the jar as well as in a drink. Just light years ahead of the usual cocktail cherries. Considering the price however, I think I'm going to take a stab at making my own.
[Reply]
lewdog 12:13 PM 03-25-2018
Any of you live where Blanton’s is readily available on the shelves?

It’s rare here in the Southwest.

Let me know, I’m looking for a specific bottle date.
[Reply]
terryna 12:39 PM 03-25-2018
Loving this thread!
[Reply]
srvy 02:32 PM 03-25-2018
So many of these fine bourbons are scarce everywhere because of the popularity of single barrels now. It really sucks kinda wish it would die down many of my old favorites are rare as rain in the Mohave.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 02:52 PM 03-25-2018
Definitely man. Any man drinking some whiskey neat and not just mixed with Coke, is ok in my book. :-)
Yah, I’ve seen men post pictures of drinking rare whiskies with coke and I just shake my head. Have y’all had High West Whiskey? I’m big into their products. I’ve got two bottles of A Midwinter Nights Dram. Won a bottle of Blanton’s Gold on a Facebook bourbon raffle. Big score for $15
[Reply]
lewdog 03:51 PM 03-25-2018
If anyone here can locate a Blanton’s with dumped on date of 1-23-18, I’ll pay you more than it’s worth.

Xoxo
Lewdog
[Reply]
Page 64 of 207
« First < 14546061626364 6566676874114164 > Last »
Up