ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 207
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
Boiled Chicken 07:29 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I get the feeling some think I’m a pretentious bourbon snob. Not true. All subjective.

Drink what you like but have opinions too. Let’s keep sharing whiskey/bourbon we are drinking. Get this thread moving!
I tend to agree with this sentiment, however, there are some whiskeys that are lesser quality and just aren’t very good. Considering that, I don’t think it’s snobbery to educate and continue to refine palates.

Just scored a bottled in bond/straight rye of Colonel Taylor - will be my secret Santa to myself!
[Reply]
O.city 07:30 AM 12-21-2019
I get the feeling some think I’m a pretentious bourbon snob. Not true. All subjective.

Drink what you like but have opinions too. Let’s keep sharing whiskey/bourbon we are drinking. Get this thread moving!
What an asshole you are
[Reply]
lewdog 07:31 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I bought three fifths of Buffalo Trace for some coworkers for Christmas. I know nothing about bourbon and don't drink whiskey at all.
Lots of love for BT by many.

I taste black licorice in it and can’t stand it.
[Reply]
KentuckyChief 07:33 AM 12-21-2019
Anybody ever done the Bourbon Trail? For those that don’t know, if your ever in KY, you can visit a lot of the distilleries on the Bourbon Trail. Old forester, makers, beam, heaven hill, Evan Williams, woodford, wild turkey, angels envy, four roses, etc. I’ve never done it but hear it’s a lot of fun.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 09:04 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by KentuckyChief:
Anybody ever done the Bourbon Trail? For those that don’t know, if your ever in KY, you can visit a lot of the distilleries on the Bourbon Trail. Old forester, makers, beam, heaven hill, Evan Williams, woodford, wild turkey, angels envy, four roses, etc. I’ve never done it but hear it’s a lot of fun.
I'm planning a trip for my 40th bday in a couple years. Im disappointed i missed the chance to stock up on heaven hill Bib which was only available in KY. I just bought the new 7 yr. Heaven Hill BiB for $40 and it tastes a lot like Evan Williams Bib which i could have got for $15. It's good just not worth $40.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:07 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by shitgoose:
Not in Wichita. Culver's in McPherson
Thanks, Brother. My Lawyer's office is in McPherson. I'll have to stop in there the next time I pay him a visit.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:09 AM 12-21-2019

No. You aren't a pretentious asshole..... just a regular asshole. :-)

Happy Holidays, you filthy animal!
[Reply]
phisherman 09:54 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
Gawd I hope your car isn't the same color as one of mine. You stick with your's which is quite tasty and I'll drink mine that tickles my taste buds just right.

Thank God we don't all taste the same thing when sipping great alcohol,pussy we try to stuff our faces into, or in your case, ass eating guys who sleep in cardboard box in alleys.

Celebrate your uniqueness but more importantly don't go dissin mine.

Hey, there is a brown chunk between your teeth ( is that a ass hair too), between your remaining teeth
Do you even remember posting this?
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 10:07 AM 12-21-2019
It’s fun but completely bizarre that you can’t actually drink at all of the distilleries because they are in dry counties. You’d think the state would love additional revenue but I guess not.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:24 AM 12-21-2019
Did it for my 50th birthday. We had a great time.
[Reply]
scho63 10:43 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I'll be down there from the 30th to the 5th and from the 17th on. Let's make this happen.
We are pretty good at meeting new members and people visiting in town.

You don't have to be overly specific here but what part of town are you staying in and how much free time do you have?

I'm sure we can make something happen.
[Reply]
Third Eye 11:09 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
It’s fun but completely bizarre that you can’t actually drink at all of the distilleries because they are in dry counties. You’d think the state would love additional revenue but I guess not.
None of the major ones are in dry counties. This might be true for some, but none that I know.

Edit: Just because a county is dry, it doesn’t mean that all of the municipalities in it are dry as well. None of the distilleries along the bourbon trail are dry, regardless of the county.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 12:59 PM 12-21-2019
I bought a bottle of Buffalo Trace had 3 drinks put it on shelf.

I'm still waiting for someone to request to try it.

I should test it with Stedman's 3 year old swill se if they taste similar.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:07 PM 12-21-2019
Jack Daniels was dry at one time Like when I was 13. Jack's home was used(the basement) under the radar for groups of big shots who wanted to drink past the sampling limits. I m sure this changed over the last 40 years.

"Lynchburg is located in a county that has remained dry since prohibition – thus no alcohol can be sold. The irony is not lost on anyone that the world’s most popular whiskey distillery is located in a dry county. The distillery operates several different tours, most of which offer samples of the whiskey."

Originally Posted by Third Eye:
None of the major ones are in dry counties. This might be true for some, but none that I know.

Edit: Just because a county is dry, it doesn’t mean that all of the municipalities in it are dry as well. None of the distilleries along the bourbon trail are dry, regardless of the county.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:09 PM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by phisherman:
Do you even remember posting this?
yeah I was referring to your taste in ass you have none.
[Reply]
Page 121 of 207
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171 > Last »
Up