ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 207
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
cooper barrett 01:38 PM 11-12-2019
IT'S NOT THAT THE ABOVE POSTER IS WRONG, BUT HE IS!

Originally Posted by Sorry:
anyone have any tips on where to get a legit chocolate stout beer that its just blows your mind that it could possibly be beer? I wanna surprise my boo.

[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 01:41 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:

My favorite but only releases once a year
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:35 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
anyone have any tips on where to get a legit chocolate stout beer that its just blows your mind that it could possibly be beer? I wanna surprise my boo.
If you're in the southwest part of the country or see these around, they're harder to find and not just chocolate (more so candy bar/nougat than just chocolate), but Bottle Logic Study Break or Fate King Size Candy Bar Stout would be my top choices. Also southwest, Belching Beaver Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout.

Xocoveza is an excellent choice (and it's year round here :-) )... and another that comes to mind has also been suggested, Sam Smith Organic Chocolate.

Southern Tier's dessert beers are all excellent... Choklate, Choklate Orange, and they now have a Chocolate Milkshake Stout.

Epic Big Bad Baptist Chocolate Rapture... haven't tried it, but it'll get opened sooner than later and I'm sure it's great as well.

I'm partial to Yeti, too... Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti, if it's still around.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:17 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
If you're in the southwest part of the country or see these around, they're harder to find and not just chocolate (more so candy bar/nougat than just chocolate), but Bottle Logic Study Break or Fate King Size Candy Bar Stout would be my top choices. Also southwest, Belching Beaver Chocolate Peanut Butter Stout.

Xocoveza is an excellent choice (and it's year round here :-) )... and another that comes to mind has also been suggested, Sam Smith Organic Chocolate.

Southern Tier's dessert beers are all excellent... Choklate, Choklate Orange, and they now have a Chocolate Milkshake Stout.

Epic Big Bad Baptist Chocolate Rapture... haven't tried it, but it'll get opened sooner than later and I'm sure it's great as well.

I'm partial to Yeti, too... Great Divide Chocolate Oak Aged Yeti, if it's still around.
You hitting up PPLD every week?
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:25 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
It's a dangerous place to walk into... they know me. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 07:50 PM 11-12-2019
It's a dangerous place to walk into... they know me. :-)
Trevor and Eric are awesome.

Hit that bourbon aisle sometime. They have great barrel picks.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 08:12 PM 11-12-2019

Good list. How do you get xoco year round? I want that teet. Also forgot about founders breakfast stout.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:30 PM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
Good list. How do you get xoco year round? I want that teet. Also forgot about founders breakfast stout.
Hmm, guess not, their website says it's only released in October... I bought it at least a few times this past summer though, so maybe my beer store holds onto it.

I see it enough that I kind of take it for granted... but, maybe I should be hoarding. :-) :-)
[Reply]
shitgoose 09:34 PM 11-12-2019
Been hitting the Rye hard lately. Picked up a bottle of Pikesville 6yr and a bottle of High West Yippee Ki Ya. Couldn't be more different but are both excellent.

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:35 PM 11-12-2019
Trevor and Eric are awesome.

Hit that bourbon aisle sometime. They have great barrel picks.
What should I be looking for?

I bought some Knob Creek small batch once, because I was making some bourbon "aged" beer.... I'll splash it in stuff sometimes. Also "splashed" some into a crock pot of beef the other day.
[Reply]
Sorry 08:40 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:

Thanks for all of your replies. I’ll dig into the other ones, anyone ever tried James bean? Was a good beer that I think they stopped production on a couple years ago.

Coop, this beer is incredibly hard to get lol. Closest one is 150 miles away give or take but this sounds amazing. I’ll try the more accessible ones a si love in central cali and I’m sure there’s something solid
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:04 PM 11-13-2019

Mix any of that shit with a raspberry lambic and it is like an amazing aperitif that will kick your ass.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 10:47 PM 11-13-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Mix any of that shit with a Schlafly's Pumpkin and it is like an amazing aperitif that will kick your ass.

Worth drinking mixed with chocolate beer
[Reply]
lewdog 05:56 AM 11-14-2019
What should I be looking for?

I bought some Knob Creek small batch once, because I was making some bourbon "aged" beer.... I'll splash it in stuff sometimes. Also "splashed" some into a crock pot of beef the other day.
Their 4 roses store picks are great. Any of them. Drink neat or on the rocks.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 05:45 PM 11-14-2019
Need the deets in the event I get down there. PM me.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 207
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125165 > Last »
Up