ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 24
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Jacobs all 22 breakdown discussion
O.city 11:14 AM 10-01-2019
Figured we could have a thread breaking some stuff down from his films and discuss.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:30 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
Your first paragraph is arguing as if I dont think it's technically a hold. I think it was. Like I said, I dont think it's called as often as you seem to.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
No, I know what you’re arguing and it’s wrong.

I might even give you 50/50, but that’s called way more often than 10%. It’s a clear hold and like I said you could see it live from the TV when it happened on the other side of the field. Those are called more often than not. I’ve seen worse, but it doesn’t get that much worse to say 10%. Not when you can clearly see a tug that obviously keeps the defender from getting to the ball carrier.
[Reply]
O.city 04:35 PM 12-03-2019
I don't think Mahomes footwork makes it any run to the left though.

I dunno. I'm blaming Staylor. It's easier that way.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:37 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I don't think Mahomes footwork makes it any run to the left though.

I dunno. I'm blaming Staylor. It's easier that way.
He's gonna call you an asshole either way so if you're gonna disagree with him, you might as well be a massive prick about it. Hell, don't even bother disagreeing - just be a massive prick to him because you can.

Because Sully's been about as cordial as one can be 'round these parts and Staylor still can't manage to not menstruate.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:41 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He's gonna call you an asshole either way so if you're gonna disagree with him, you might as well be a massive prick about it. Hell, don't even bother disagreeing - just be a massive prick to him because you can.

Because Sully's been about as cordial as one can be 'round these parts and Staylor still can't manage to not menstruate.
Lol what the fuck are you talking about? I didn’t call Sully any names or anything. You’re so full of shit.

It’s just laughable that he’s saying that’s a hold that only gets called 10% of the time. He’s way off.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:47 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol what the fuck are you talking about? I didn’t call Sully any names or anything. You’re so full of shit.

It’s just laughable that he’s saying that’s a hold that only gets called 10% of the time. He’s way off.
I have a buddy I play with on a couple softball teams; good guy who it took me about 5 years to figure out.

He's known throughout the complex as an asshole. Gets in stupid little spats every week w/ some team or umpire or whatever and then when it's done he's just like "Man, I didn't do anything!!" when he's spent the whole afternoon gesticulating from the mound or barking at infielders or throwing behind baserunners.

I'm convinced he has no idea that he's being an asshole. And because I know the guy, I don't even think he's trying to be an asshole.

But lemme tall ya - he's succeeding.

I'm just sayin'...
[Reply]
O.city 04:52 PM 12-03-2019
When everyone else is the asshole....you're the asshole.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:53 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I have a buddy I play with on a couple softball teams; good guy who it took me about 5 years to figure out.

He's known throughout the complex as an asshole. Gets in stupid little spats every week w/ some team or umpire or whatever and then when it's done he's just like "Man, I didn't do anything!!" when he's spent the whole afternoon gesticulating from the mound or barking at infielders or throwing behind baserunners.

I'm convinced he has no idea that he's being an asshole. And because I know the guy, I don't even think he's trying to be an asshole.

But lemme tall ya - he's succeeding.

I'm just sayin'...
Cool story bro. I’m a nice guy outside of CP believe it or not, so I couldn’t care less how I’m perceived on here if I’m being honest :-)
[Reply]
-King- 04:54 PM 12-03-2019
That's a hold but but that's in the "there's holding in every play" category. Looks worse because Tanoh leaned right before going back left to where the play was going.
[Reply]
O.city 04:55 PM 12-03-2019
If Tanoh sells it more, he probably gets the call. Throw your hands up and make a scene
[Reply]
staylor26 04:58 PM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
That's a hold but but that's in the "there's holding in every play" category. Looks worse because Tanoh leaned right before going back left to where the play was going.
No, a hold that’s a “hold on every play” category is one that doesn’t directly impact the play.

When the hold keeps the defender from making a play on the ball carrier, it’s not part of that category. Otherwise what is the rule for?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:13 PM 12-03-2019
If Tanoh sells it more, he probably gets the call. Throw your hands up and make a scene
That's an 'unnatural movement' with that bizarre little half-step he took as he was being yanked.

I actually agree with Staylor here. This doesn't fall into the Tamba Hali category of 'holding that happens every time' when a guy would get up around Hali's shoulders as he leaned but didn't really do a ton to impede his progress. THAT'S the kind of play that goes uncalled 90% of the time. I mean, unless it's Eric Fisher on James Harrison and the refs get a chance to pound-fuck us in the playoffs. THEN it's a penalty. Or forward progress. I dunno, I lose track of how the refs fuck us in the playoffs sometimes.

But when you see a guys shoulders jerk down and he gets a clear hitch in his step and it's directly in the path of the ballcarrier, that gets called more often than it doesn't.

I just ain't gonna start by calling any suggestions to the contrary bullshit and liberally sprinkling condescending Staylorisms throughout.

Because when I'm an asshole, I do it on purpose.
[Reply]
O.city 09:35 AM 12-10-2019

Early sneak peak on #JacobsEyeInTheSky . It appears Winchester was likely suppose to direct snap to Lucas and he would take off running with the overload to their right side. That’s why Colquitt never looks up he assumed it was off and that’s why defender came free. #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/T1nVp5BW2t

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) December 10, 2019

So as Jacobs brings up, I think they were trying to run the same fake they ran in Atlanta a few years ago where Wilson ran for a TD. It was there too.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:49 AM 12-10-2019
So with this all 22 tape. Why would any team need to send a cameraman to a press box to shoot film.

Asking for a friend
[Reply]
Mecca 09:51 AM 12-10-2019

So as Jacobs brings up, I think they were trying to run the same fake they ran in Atlanta a few years ago where Wilson ran for a TD. It was there too.
So basically James Winchester fucked up again.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:58 AM 12-10-2019
It was 4th and 19. I can’t believe Andy tried that bullshit from his own 35, no less going for a fake on 4th and 19.

So basically we were up 23-7 and Andy let them back in the game.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 24
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up