ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Media Center>The Blacklist
Mojo Jojo 05:59 PM 09-22-2013
The one new show I have been looking forward to. Premieres tomorrow night. Anyone else planning to watch/follow?
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:20 PM 04-30-2014
Originally Posted by frankotank:
OK....why....WHY.......****ing WHY!!!!!!!????

did he admit to killing her father?

this makes no sense! for God's sake man you coulda simply said he said goodbye and croaked.
lol She wasnt going to buy that bullshit. She knows what kind of a person dude is. It would have done no good to lie at that point.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:34 PM 04-30-2014
I thought it was funny how she was all "we're done!" at the end of the show, then the preview 2 minutes later shows them working together.
[Reply]
Mojo Jojo 08:50 PM 04-30-2014
OK....why....WHY.......****ing WHY!!!!!!!????

did he admit to killing her father?

this makes no sense! for God's sake man you coulda simply said he said goodbye and croaked.
Because he said he would never lie to her. In the long run it does more for him to admit the bad so she will trust him in the future.
[Reply]
frankotank 02:32 PM 05-01-2014
Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo:
Because he said he would never lie to her. In the long run it does more for him to admit the bad so she will trust him in the future.
yeah but....he told her he ain't her dad.
that's a lie! betcha!

I really dig this show. Red is just to ****ing cool man! most of the shows I watch I.....put up with them. but I really like this one, so I was very disappointed that he admitted to that.
it was a bad move Ripley. it was a bad move.

and, like I said, I think he's already lied to her anyways. :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:23 PM 05-01-2014
It wasn't a bad move at all. She already knew. Lying would serve no purpose.
[Reply]
007 03:41 PM 05-01-2014
That fact that he paused before he answered indicates that he was quickly trying to decide whether or not to lie. Because of that, yes, I think he has lied to her about other things.
[Reply]
unlurking 04:23 PM 05-01-2014
yeah but....he told her he ain't her dad.
"You will always be her father Sam." (1:40)

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:15 PM 05-01-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I thought it was funny how she was all "we're done!" at the end of the show, then the preview 2 minutes later shows them working together.
That was a so FOS moment. She has already told him once this season that she is "done". Unless she is leaving the show, drop that angle.
[Reply]
frankotank 09:36 AM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by unlurking:
"You will always be her father Sam." (1:40)

so......you take that to mean he ISN'T her father?
he may not be.....HOWEVER that very same line could mean the exact opposite of what you think it means.....that he IS her father.

don't forget that Sam wanted to "tell Lizzie the truth about her family". Red told him straight up that it wasn't a good idea. while it did play out as a mercy killing, it also served Reds purpose in that he got his way, Sam didn't tell Lizzie "the truth".
[Reply]
frankotank 09:40 AM 05-02-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It wasn't a bad move at all. She already knew. Lying would serve no purpose.
dude. no.
she absolutely did NOT know.
yes. he could have lied about it. easily.

I'm sure the writers have a purpose for slanting it this way, because imo this really is a well written show. but that admission really took me by surprise. be interesting to see where it goes.
[Reply]
frankotank 09:41 AM 05-02-2014
this is dated (Oct 2013)....but still pretty interesting.

http://seriable.com/blacklist-unanswered-questions-2/
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:08 PM 05-02-2014
She knew enough at that point that she would not have believed a denial. And he recognized that.
[Reply]
unlurking 09:21 AM 05-03-2014
so......you take that to mean he ISN'T her father?
he may not be.....HOWEVER that very same line could mean the exact opposite of what you think it means.....that he IS her father.

don't forget that Sam wanted to "tell Lizzie the truth about her family". Red told him straight up that it wasn't a good idea. while it did play out as a mercy killing, it also served Reds purpose in that he got his way, Sam didn't tell Lizzie "the truth".
No, I take that to mean that Red believes that Sam was more of a father to Lizzie than he ever was or will be. Father and Mother are often defined in emotional terms. In this context, I believe that Red is referring to "father" as a role rather than a biological connection.

Red is her "biological father", not her "father". He did not lie to her, as he believes that he doesn't deserve to be her father no matter how much he wants it. His best friend in life was her father, because he couldn't be for some reason we are still waiting to find out.

At least that's my guess!
[Reply]
frankotank 09:32 AM 05-05-2014
Originally Posted by unlurking:
No, I take that to mean that Red believes that Sam was more of a father to Lizzie than he ever was or will be. Father and Mother are often defined in emotional terms. In this context, I believe that Red is referring to "father" as a role rather than a biological connection.

Red is her "biological father", not her "father". He did not lie to her, as he believes that he doesn't deserve to be her father no matter how much he wants it. His best friend in life was her father, because he couldn't be for some reason we are still waiting to find out.

At least that's my guess!
yep.....I agree. love this show.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:41 PM 05-05-2014
Good ep but the end felt off.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up