Page 51 of 58
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The L'Jarius Sneed Thread*****
Dante84 11:45 AM 04-25-2020
More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:40 PM 01-16-2024
In my opinion, this is just the circle closing. 30 years ago and one week we went overtime to beat the Steelers after an incredible late fourth-quarter come back to force overtime. The blocked punt by Keith Cash, the recovery in the air by Freddie Jones, and the fourth down pass from Montana to Barnett to tie it.

30 years ago today, yes, January 16, 1994 the Chiefs went into Houston, a heavy underdog, and beat the Oilers to go to the AFC championship game.

The divisional opponent may be different, but the result is going to be the same.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:40 PM 01-16-2024
This team is going to be our favorite team of all time.
[Reply]
BossChief 03:44 PM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
We're also about a year away from starting to think about having to pay Karlaftis 100 million aren't we?
Yeah, but that would be an extension that wouldn’t have big cap hits for 3-4 years.

Same goes for McDuffie.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:46 PM 01-16-2024
Obviously, wrong thread. But I’m not deleting.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:48 PM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by TheGuardian:
I like Dru but he's not Bolton. Teams still have to run the ball and the difference with Bolton in the middle was pretty dramatic. We were getting gashed at times during the games when Nick went out. Hasn't happened once since he returned.
We had a play vs the Fins where Bolton was the only defender in front of (IIRC) a screen and was blocked. Dude matter-of-factly shed the block and immediately brought down the ball-carrier, as though it was no big deal, even playing with one hand.

He's a badass mother****er and his focus/vice is ball. That's it. That's the best way I can describe him. He's that dude you want in the phone booth between the tackles 'cause that's where he lives.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 04:01 PM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
We had a play vs the Fins where Bolton was the only defender in front of (IIRC) a screen and was blocked. Dude matter-of-factly shed the block and immediately brought down the ball-carrier, as though it was no big deal, even playing with one hand.

He's a badass mother****er and his focus/vice is ball. That's it. That's the best way I can describe him. He's that dude you want in the phone booth between the tackles 'cause that's where he lives.
Yup. I legitimately feel like he and Sneed set the tone for being physical. So when he went out there was def a drop in run defense because most of that IS being physical. Nick literally violently stops whoever he is tackling. It's a trait that I find hard to explain but had it in a few players I coached.

So he and Sneed IMO are tone setters and those are hard to find. I feel like we didn't have that for years and years after DT and Smith etc were gone.
[Reply]
tredadda 04:25 PM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
In my opinion, this is just the circle closing. 30 years ago and one week we went overtime to beat the Steelers after an incredible late fourth-quarter come back to force overtime. The blocked punt by Keith Cash, the recovery in the air by Freddie Jones, and the fourth down pass from Montana to Barnett to tie it.

30 years ago today, yes, January 16, 1994 the Chiefs went into Houston, a heavy underdog, and beat the Oilers to go to the AFC championship game.

The divisional opponent may be different, but the result is going to be the same.
Well in that AFCCG Montana was knocked out with a concussion. Let’s hope that part doesn’t happen again.
[Reply]
suzzer99 05:37 PM 01-16-2024
PFF's top 100 free agents:

Originally Posted by :
10. CB L'JARIUS SNEED, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
Sneed has been a fixture out wide in 2023 after lining up primarily in the slot over his first three seasons, and he’s held up quite well in several tough matchups. Defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo asks a lot of his cornerbacks, and Sneed is sticky in coverage, getting into receivers' hip pockets and becoming very hard to shake with lateral movement or in the air at the catch point.

Sneed could stand to cut down on penalties, but his aggressive nature would be welcome on many teams, and his inside-outside versatility is a nice benefit, as well.

Top free agent comparison: James Bradberry, 2020
Player Coverage grade w/ no pressure Cov. grade on throws in ≤ 3s Forced incompletion rate Single coverage grade APY as % of Cap at signing
L’Jarius Sneed 72.6 72.0 13.4% 49.8 ?
James Bradberry 62.5 72.8 13.3% 48.9 7.3%
*All data in tables reflects two years prior to UFA contract signing

Contract Projection: Three years, $52.5 million ($17.5 million per year), $35 million total guaranteed
I would pay that in a nano-second. Hell give him 4 or 5 years at that salary please.

Chris Jones is #1 FWIW:

Originally Posted by :
1. DI CHRIS JONES, KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
It’s rare for a player of Jones’ caliber to reach unrestricted free agency, and Kansas City did not give up the right to franchise tag him for a second time when the two sides agreed to a reworked contract this past offseason. A tag for Jones would land north of $33 million, which perhaps helps him test the open market for the first time in his career.

Jones is not only one of the best interior pass-rushers in the game right now; he’s one of the best ever. He is also capable of lining up outside of tackles as a five-technique, bending around the edge and getting home.

Top free agent comparison: Ndamukong Suh, 2015
Player Run-defense grade Pass-rush grade True pass set pass-rush grade Pass-rush win rate APY as % of Cap at signing
Chris Jones 76.9 92.2 91.8 18.0% ?
Ndamukong Suh 80.0 83.0 82.5 11.2% 13.3%
*All data in tables reflects two years prior to UFA contract signing

Contract Projection: Four years, $120 million ($30 million per year), $80 million total guaranteed
Love Jones, but I would not want to be the team saddled with that contract.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:45 PM 01-16-2024
I would be beyond pissed if Sneed signed for that number somewhere else
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:15 PM 01-16-2024
A good rule of thumb by my way of thinking is:

You do that second contract for a great player. Pay the man.

Be very wary of the third.
[Reply]
tredadda 07:16 PM 01-16-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
PFF's top 100 free agents:

I would pay that in a nano-second. Hell give him 4 or 5 years at that salary please.

Chris Jones is #1 FWIW:

Love Jones, but I would not want to be the team saddled with that contract.
Surprised they have him so high on the top FA list considering they never evaluate him very high. But if they can sign him for that, then it would be a huge win for KC.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:18 PM 01-16-2024
You could sign DJ Reader and Fletcher Cox and still have enough left over to sign Tranquill for what Jones would cost you.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:24 PM 01-16-2024
If you can get Sneed for less than $18M per year compared to Jones at $30M per year, I think you go with Sneed. Maybe spend the $12M difference on the receiving group.
[Reply]
Fish 09:40 AM 01-17-2024
Sneed to the Pro Bowl after all...

.@EliManning’s Coach’s Pro Bowl invitation: Antoine Winfield Jr.

Peyton’s Coach’s Pro Bowl invite: L’Jarius Sneed pic.twitter.com/AhFwAo95Yr

— Omaha Productions (@OmahaProd) January 16, 2024

[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 01-17-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You could sign DJ Reader and Fletcher Cox and still have enough left over to sign Tranquill for what Jones would cost you.
Fletch makes alot of sense.

But they're also older.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 58
« First < 414748495051 52535455 > Last »
Up